Page 53 of 53
Not gonna lie I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Pixel. My Nexus 6 finally gets paid off this year and I was gonna make a jump to the Pixel, but I don't think I will after seeing what it's about.

I may just go for one of those budget flagships that are coming out these days like the Honor 8 or something.
At least Project Fi is an interesting prospect.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
I have no idea what that is. Mind filling me in?

Also I'm looking for a phone that has as many of these features as possible for a good price:

Good battery
Decent performance (I don't game on my phone so I don't care much about anything beyond using youtube)
At least QHD resolution (I refuse to downgrade)
Expandable storage
Good camera (at least better than my current Nexus 6)
Dual stereo speakers (preferably front facing)
Water resistance

I've been looking a lot at phones like the oneplus, ZTE axon, Huawei Honor 8 and P9, and other brands that aren't major players, but I'm always having to make sacrifices I'm not okay with.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Would you like the Philosophers Stone and the Elixir of Life whilst you're at it?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Would you like the Philosophers Stone and the Elixir of Life whilst you're at it?
if you mean cocaine and liquor nah i'm good

fr tho i can find plenty of phones that have most of those features, i just can't decide where i want to cut corners
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
okay that's pretty cool, idk if it would work for me though. Although I'm not burning through 25+ gigs per month like I used to, I still get close to (and sometimes pass) 10 gigs per month.

It's actually very similar to the tmobile plan my family is on, where we get unlimited talk, text, and data in the US and unlimited text/3g(?) abroad, but the price could be too close for comfort. Putting 5 people on Fi would cost $100 per month for the basics, then another $500 per month for 10 gigs each. But the cost could be reduced dramatically if not all 50 gigs get used every month.

Huh. Now that I've typed it all out, it's starting to seem like a good idea.
Yeah. The selling point for me isn't the price, but the refund on unused data.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Well might as well wait for this project to finish up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Loon

They have the audacity to come up with internet balloons but then put out an average phone for $650 and $740.
Quote by Amuro Jay
I have no idea what that is. Mind filling me in?

Also I'm looking for a phone that has as many of these features as possible for a good price:

Good battery
Decent performance (I don't game on my phone so I don't care much about anything beyond using youtube)
At least QHD resolution (I refuse to downgrade)
Expandable storage
Good camera (at least better than my current Nexus 6)
Dual stereo speakers (preferably front facing)
Water resistance

I've been looking a lot at phones like the oneplus, ZTE axon, Huawei Honor 8 and P9, and other brands that aren't major players, but I'm always having to make sacrifices I'm not okay with.

Any suggestions appreciated.

http://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-pure-edition

This fits everything you said.
It's just not on a carrier so you'd have to pay full price, or find a nice one on eBay.

Also no fingerprint reader unfortunately.

Edit:
I forgot the N6 is pretty much a beefed up Moto X gen 2, so if you're kind of over it then maybe not a good choice.
Last edited by Ignite at Oct 5, 2016,
Quote by Amuro Jay
if you mean cocaine and liquor nah i'm good

fr tho i can find plenty of phones that have most of those features, i just can't decide where i want to cut cornersokay that's pretty cool, idk if it would work for me though. Although I'm not burning through 25+ gigs per month like I used to, I still get close to (and sometimes pass) 10 gigs per month.

It's actually very similar to the tmobile plan my family is on, where we get unlimited talk, text, and data in the US and unlimited text/3g(?) abroad, but the price could be too close for comfort. Putting 5 people on Fi would cost $100 per month for the basics, then another $500 per month for 10 gigs each. But the cost could be reduced dramatically if not all 50 gigs get used every month.

Huh. Now that I've typed it all out, it's starting to seem like a good idea.

I go through like 7+ gigs a month with my unlimited. It's cheaper for me to stick with t-mobile
Last month I went through 50+ gigs, and I'm at 10gb so far this month.

This is because I haven't gotten internet hooked up at my newish place yet, and I watch Netflix at work a lot.

Cricket's unlimited plan has been pretty amazing so far. And I live in a pretty sketchy area regarding service.

Although I've been having some SMSC problems, had to find a random number and make it work when my MMS stopped working.
Aye, has anyone else had overheating issues with the Samsung Galaxy S5?

I recently did an update to Marshmallow (Android 6.0.1) and during the update the phone screen was hot to the touch, and now after several reboots and cache clears, the phone is still drawing more power than it should on standby and feels warm to the touch. I've tried booting into recovery mode, and clearing cache partitions, but it's still heating up, so my next option was to backup and then factory restore. It's a bit drastic though so has anyone had any issues like this and what did you do to fix it?
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
So my Nexus 6P is feeling like it's on its last legs. Battery life pretty much never gets through the day now, all sorts of lag and judder that wasn't there when I bought it. Very disappointing. I think I'm gonna buy the OnePlus 3T when it comes out. Seems like the OP3 was pretty damn good, and if the rumors are to be believed, the 3T should be out soon with the Snapdragon 821, 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB storage for around $400. I was thinking more about the Pixel, but I'd want to get the XL and there's just no fucking way I'm spending $770 on a phone just because it has a great camera. And the shots really do look amazing on the Pixel, but I can take a slight downgrade to save almost $400
Dude why don't you totally get the Pixel, I hear it recharges fifteen minutes every time your cat has an impure thought.

(If you can spring for the Pixel, go for it. I shit talk it but I'd buy it in a heartbeat)
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Oct 25, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Dude why don't you totally get the Pixel, I hear it recharges fifteen minutes every time your cat has an impure thought.

(If you can spring for the Pixel, go for it. I shit talk it but I'd buy it in a heartbeat)

Can't justify the price. People are saying it's really good, but the design is ugly, the battery life is apparently subpar, and I'd like waterproofing for that price given how much time I spend at the beach. Maybe I'll go for the Pixel 2 next year.
Yeah I'm thinking the same. Next Pixel or the one after that.

I kinda don't like giving up my electronics. I form a weird attachment to them. I still have my first Android and it pains me just how slow it is.
If Google puts another top of the line camera in the next Pixel, adds better water resistance, and removes that glass backplate I'll probably go for it. Google's version of Android is always the best. I imagine next year they'll have had more time to work on making an optimized build of Android for whatever chipset they're using which should increase the performance even more.
I'll go for the Pixel 2 or if they do a budget Pixel at some point.

My 5X still doing me very well.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'll go for the Pixel 2 or if they do a budget Pixel at some point.

My 5X still doing me very well.

Yeah, I'd be happy to stick with my 6P, but my battery life has tanked since the Nougat update and I've been getting pretty poor performance as well. I'd even consider switching to the iPhone 7 if they didn't take out the goddam headphone jack
You just reminded me why I'll never get an iPhone lol.

My 5X battery life is weird. Can sometimes go for hours using up a couple of percent and then sometimes it just does 4% in 2 minutes.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
You just reminded me why I'll never get an iPhone lol.

My 5X battery life is weird. Can sometimes go for hours using up a couple of percent and then sometimes it just does 4% in 2 minutes.

My battery's been irritating the fuck out of me. Today it's at 30% after a whole day of use. Most days it's down to 30% by around 3 pm. A week ago it died after saying it was at 13%. Just went from 13% to dead immediately.
Speaking of the iPhone though, apparently iPhone sales are down 5% from last year. Looks like the headphone jack deal really did bite em in the ass
Thing is I'm getting to the point where I can afford the iPhone and in lieu of a Nexus-like Android being on the market I'd definitely consider picking one up. If they can't add a headphone jack then it's a no no though. I hate carrying extra shit around with me and want to use my lovely SoundMagic headphones.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Thing is I'm getting to the point where I can afford the iPhone and in lieu of a Nexus-like Android being on the market I'd definitely consider picking one up. If they can't add a headphone jack then it's a no no though. I hate carrying extra shit around with me and want to use my lovely SoundMagic headphones.

Yeah, I got a nice pair of audio technicas that I def wouldn't spend another $200 or so to replace on top of the cost of the iPhone. That's why I'll probably just go with the OnePlus 3T. They make the closest thing to a Nexus right now. Top of the line specs for around $400, near vanilla android. Don't get day 1 updates, but if you're flashing ROMS there's a pretty good dev community for OP phones.
Yeah same I'm unlikely to upgrade until probably around 2018 so will just see what's out then.

I still have 2 years of payments on my G4, hopefully it will live as long.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Yeah same I'm unlikely to upgrade until probably around 2018 so will just see what's out then.

iPhone 9, Pixel 3, etc.
I own a oneplus x and I is ample for my needs
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I'm upset about the lack of midrange priced phones with front facing stereo speakers.

I'd go for a nexus 6p but I think I'm done with AMOLED screens. I keep my screen on too long and get bad burn in.