Page 54 of 54
yeah, legit this update has pretty much crippled my phone. nothing works right anymore. constant errors and crashes for no apparent reason. wifi seems to be connected based on signal strength and the settings telling me i'm connected, but i get frequent connection errors anyway.

slightly improved by resetting, but i'm sure that won't last long.

call me paranoid, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was at least semi intentional on verizon/ motorola's part to force people into purchasing new phones or renewing contracts.

seriously looking into switching carriers now. verizon has been all around trash for years. I don't receive one in every ten calls and texts.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I was convinced to try iPhone because of my wife. She wanted all the extra smileys and facetime. I'm not much of a phone user.

I hate it. Can't wait to go back to android. I have used open source systems often enough that I had become very comfortable with them, and I feel like the iPhone is full of child locks and idiot-blocks that don't allow me to just do the things I want to do with it. The simplest and biggest frustration is the lack of a dedicated back button. That's all I want.

Only have to wait a year. We got the recurring upgrade plan so we could swap up annually.
██████
██████
██████
I have had the OnePlus 3T for a while now. Last phone I buy from them. It's light and fast and the screen is fine. It's way buggier than the nexus phones though. Specifically anything related to the camera seems to crash frequently. On top of that, the audio is awful. Not just the speaker, but the bluetooth audio as well. It's just muddy and lifeless sounding. I'll hold on to it until the Pixel 2 comes out and make the switch then as long as Google brings the specs up to par with other phones.
Quickly, HTC a9s, or Asus Zenfone 3?

I'm considering the HTC because of the build. We have to consider that I'm extremely fucking clumsy. I get through about 1 a year.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
EndTheRapture51 
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'll go for the Pixel 2 or if they do a budget Pixel at some point.

My 5X still doing me very well.

Yeah, the problem is that the 5x is too good to replace. I really wanted to like the Pixel, but can't justify the price.
Well my OnePlus 3T got stolen, so I'm back to the Nexus 6P.  Jeeesus the battery on this thing is a joke.
I might look at a OnePlus for my next phone unless Google do a budget Pixel, the battery life on the 5X is terrible now. Can spend 45 minutes in bed texting in the morning and it goes from 100% to 70% lol. Least it charges fast.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I might look at a OnePlus for my next phone unless Google do a budget Pixel, the battery life on the 5X is terrible now. Can spend 45 minutes in bed texting in the morning and it goes from 100% to 70% lol. Least it charges fast.

Used it for 3 months.  I have had the One and the 3T.  I wouldn't buy another phone from OnePlus tbh.  It's just all the little things about them that make it an irritating experience to have one.

Yes, the battery life is good.  Yes, it's fast.  But the bluetooth audio in my car is inexplicably like 30% quieter than my 6P.  The camera still isn't up to par with any flagship on the market.  It gets really annoying app crashes and bugs more frequently than any other modern Android phone I've used. For example, I tried to use the manual mode to take a long exposure picture on the stock camera app and it froze, but didn't crash.  Even force closing the app didn't get it to start again properly and I had to restart the phone.  The Google Camera app crashes whenever I tried to view the camera reel from inside the app.  Those are the kinds of things that get overlooked on official reviews all the time because they require a long time with the device to discover all of them.  
Quote by TheChaz
Used it for 3 months.  I have had the One and the 3T.  I wouldn't buy another phone from OnePlus tbh.  It's just all the little things about them that make it an irritating experience to have one.

Yes, the battery life is good.  Yes, it's fast.  But the bluetooth audio in my car is inexplicably like 30% quieter than my 6P.  The camera still isn't up to par with any flagship on the market.  It gets really annoying app crashes and bugs more frequently than any other modern Android phone I've used. For example, I tried to use the manual mode to take a long exposure picture on the stock camera app and it froze, but didn't crash.  Even force closing the app didn't get it to start again properly and I had to restart the phone.  The Google Camera app crashes whenever I tried to view the camera reel from inside the app.  Those are the kinds of things that get overlooked on official reviews all the time because they require a long time with the device to discover all of them.  

Ah interesting, thanks for your perspective. I likely won't switch phones for another year but it's interesting to know. Android review sites do seem to gush over them but I've always been a little skeptical.

I just wish there was a similar specced line to the Nexus. The price point for what you got was perfect, shame it's gone now.

Also the Nexus 5X camera is honestly so good.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Trying to get a new phone. Budget is 700usd. Every phone I've looked at has some unforgivable flaw.

My search criteria includes the following

Recent phone, so I get software updates for at least another year
Dual stereo speakers, preferably front facing
QHD resolution, 1080p is acceptable under certain circumstances, but still preferably AMOLED
Not a shit phone in some flagrant way

Lack of stereo speakers has eliminated most phones these days.

What's left is the ZTE Axon 7, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, and the Sony Xperia XZs

The Axon 7 has incredible speakers, a QHD AMOLED display, and expandable storage. Lacks water resistance, has a shoddy camera.

Huawei Mate 9 Pro has dual speakers, albeit one is bottom firing. QHD AMOLED display. No expandable storage, but it has a 128gb/6gb ram variant in my budget. Great camera system, huge battery. A killer phone. But it's an international phone, and the charger is proprietary without a US adapter. Also has one of the worst sound cards ever in a modern smartphone.

Sony Xperia XZs has a smaller 1080p LCD display, but it has a beautiful design and front firing stereo speakers, like the Axon 7. Amazing camera system, and great audio quality just like the Axon 7 as well. Has removable storage as well as IP68 water resistance. The downsides are the tiny 2900mAh battery and the flagship level $700 price tag, which is exorbitant for a phone that's still running a snapdragon 820 quad core with 4gb ram in 2017. This phone should be at least $150 cheaper.

The biggest thing I look for in phones is content consumption, which is why display and sound output are so important to me.

With the trends shifting to zero bezels, no manufacturer is gonna care about dual front speakers anymore.

Is there actually a phone out there for me? Which should I choose from these 3? Or maybe another phone?
Quote by TheChaz
Amuro Jay
It sounds like you're describing the Nexus 6P, but it's a bit older now.
Yeah I was definitely considering that phone but come September new software updates aren't guaranteed and I don't want that in a phone that I'm gonna have to stick with for at least another year or two. Also I'm salty because I have the original Nexus 6 and the 6P made my phone obsolete very quickly and to buy the phone that did that when it's already two years old seems... silly

In other news Honor announced a US beta testing program, so I applied for it.
Well my Nexus 5X just broke fucking nice

bring back UG classic
That's the third Nexus that's broke on me. Any recommendations for something not shit tier?

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
That's the third Nexus that's broke on me. Any recommendations for something not shit tier?

Tbh the new Galaxy S8 looks sick, but the button placement for the fingerprint scanner is stupid.

I'm honestly really curious to see what Apple does this year. Rumors are that they're going to have on screen fingerprint scanning working for the new iPhone and kill their bezels. They just may tempt me over if the Pixel 2 is underwhelming.
Quote by TheChaz
Tbh the new Galaxy S8 looks sick, but the button placement for the fingerprint scanner is stupid.

I'm honestly really curious to see what Apple does this year. Rumors are that they're going to have on screen fingerprint scanning working for the new iPhone and kill their bezels. They just may tempt me over if the Pixel 2 is underwhelming.
back button placement is actually really convenient, especially for smaller hands. Having the scanner to the side of camera doesn't make sense though. People mock my LG g4 for its back button placement but it's very natural to use and doesn't require crazy finger stretching to reach the power or volume buttons. It is however, below the camera so less likely to find my finger on the lens.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
back button placement is actually really convenient, especially for smaller hands. Having the scanner to the side of camera doesn't make sense though. People mock my LG g4 for its back button placement but it's very natural to use and doesn't require crazy finger stretching to reach the power or volume buttons. It is however, below the camera so less likely to find my finger on the lens.

I was talking about the scanner being right next to the camera, lens. Not the fact that it's on the back. I prefer the scanner to be on the back of the phone, but it should be placed below the camera lens. The GS8 does have iris scanning though, so that may be a better option anyway.
I'm really hoping Google's software for the Pixel 2 blows everything else out of the water though. The software updates for my 6P have made huge improvements, so I'm thinking Google's gonna pull ahead of everyone for the next Pixel gen.
Quote by TheChaz
I was talking about the scanner being right next to the camera, lens. Not the fact that it's on the back. I prefer the scanner to be on the back of the phone, but it should be placed below the camera lens. The GS8 does have iris scanning though, so that may be a better option anyway.
I'm really sceptical of the iris scanning. It feels too gimmicky imo. I don't see myself upgrading my phone for a long while though, probably my not until my g4 dies.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I just bought the Moto G5 cos I need a phone tomorrow lol

bring back UG classic
Quote by Amuro Jay
that's odd, I've been using only Nexus phones for 3 straight years and never had any problem. What exactly happened to it?

Turned off and won't turn back on. Last two Nexuses had power button issues. I'll be staying away from LG in the future.

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Turned off and won't turn back on. Last two Nexuses had power button issues. I'll be staying away from LG in the future.

Have you tried turning it off and

Sorry rapture. I can't help myself.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
ooooh I assume you had the 5 and 5x then.

I had the 5 for about a year and the 6 since, so my experience with the LG built phones is minimal

I had a Samsung that kept turning off on me, taking apart the power button and cleaning it out fixed it. Maybe try that?
Quote by Amuro Jay
ooooh I assume you had the 5 and 5x then.

I had the 5 for about a year and the 6 since, so my experience with the LG built phones is minimal

I had a Samsung that kept turning off on me, taking apart the power button and cleaning it out fixed it. Maybe try that?

It's still under warranty luckily so hopefully I'll be able to get the issue resolved. Not sure what the issue is because it's turning on very inconsistently and then turning off agian but there's no rhyme or reason to it.

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51
It's still under warranty luckily so hopefully I'll be able to get the issue resolved. Not sure what the issue is because it's turning on very inconsistently and then turning off agian but there's no rhyme or reason to it.
sounds exactly like what was happening with my Samsung, so here's hoping that it's an easy fix.
Enjoying my Moto G5 right now. Seems like everything i liked about my Nexus but in a smaller slicker package? Battery life is better, gestures are cool, vibrations are nicer, fingerprint scanner is faster, screen is more vibrant and it's a nicer phone to hold. Camera isn't as good and the phone naked is a bit slippery but otherwise no complaints.

bring back UG classic
Quote by Amuro Jay
Hey EndTheRapture51, is this the kind of problems you're having with your nexus? https://www.neowin.net/news/lgs-g5-v20-and-nexus-5x-now-part-of-the-bootloop-defect-class-action-lawsuit

I'm not sure but possibly

I've got a full refund for the phone though

bring back UG classic
Quote by TheChaz
I'm really hoping Google's software for the Pixel 2 blows everything else out of the water though. The software updates for my 6P have made huge improvements, so I'm thinking Google's gonna pull ahead of everyone for the next Pixel gen.

And make the price something other than the occult blood sacrifice of a small child.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
And make the price something other than the occult blood sacrifice of a small child.

Eh, it costs the same as any other premium smartphone pretty much.