Page 386 of 386
^ That looks really interesting! Cool decal thing on the body, and that bridge is monstrous
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
The 4ap is a semi-hollow/chambered model. The logo is an f-hole. The entire guitar is super light. The bridge is interesting. It's the abm single saddles they use for the multi scales. I've never seen it on a non-fanned before though. I would have preferred string-through body but the bridge seems super sturdy. I'm going to have to go and get the guitar on Tuesday.
buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
Wow some amazing NGDs in here recently and I love it!! That's crazy to walk into a store and see a Mayones. I'd have likely impulse-bought it too! how are you liking those aftermaths? I love those covers, they go so well with that finish. I had a miracle man with that cover once but after I went to put it in a new guitar, I didn't feel like getting the body routed out for it to fit so I sold it and bought another miracle man with red bobbins.

acoustic mirror what brand is that? I can't read the headstock. Its beautiful and I love the back end! Can't wait to read your review and see more pics.

Time for all of us to go write some badass music!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

It's a skervesen 4ap. I need to go back to Hong Kong to grab it from my sister's place tomorrow. Will do a ngd after that.
Quote by SYLrules88
Wow some amazing NGDs in here recently and I love it!! That's crazy to walk into a store and see a Mayones. I'd have likely impulse-bought it too! how are you liking those aftermaths? I love those covers, they go so well with that finish. I had a miracle man with that cover once but after I went to put it in a new guitar, I didn't feel like getting the body routed out for it to fit so I sold it and bought another miracle man with red bobbins.

To be fair Guitar Guitar in the UK always have great stock, and I was lucky that they had a Regius that was similar to the custom sepc I was building.

Initially I didn't think I'd be a fan of the aftermaths, but for the genre I'll be using this guitar for they seem pretty darn good atm! Bridge pickup screams but still has quite alot of clarity - although some would say it can get a bit harsh. The neck pickup, whilst not massively versatile or renowned for a great clean sounds, does the job well with the patches I use on my Pod (especially coil tapped) which was a surprise, although I'm sure there are better/more versatile neck pickups around.

I'd actually probably prefer the pickups without the covers on, but it does make the guitar stand out even more which is cool.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Have a semi-custom Agile Septor ordered. 7-string, 27" scale, Tiger Eye burst.
Won't see it until July.

That said, getting a $325 guitar with select custom options is a nice option.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10, Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator, Peavy Max 112

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
nice! I've always loved their tiger eye finishes! any plans for any pickup changes?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

Played an Ornsby Shark at the Guitar Show UK a few days ago, and was a massive fan (pardon the pun) of the fan fret. Very easy to play.

My next 7 will likely be a 25.5-27 fan fret of some kind
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Played an Ornsby Shark at the Guitar Show UK a few days ago, and was a massive fan (pardon the pun) of the fan fret. Very easy to play.

My next 7 will likely be a 25.5-27 fan fret of some kind

nice. i've got a fanned guitar on the way.

Still on the look out for a TX as well. The shark run should be opening in the next few days.
Quote by SYLrules88
nice! I've always loved their tiger eye finishes! any plans for any pickup changes?

I wanted an orangey guitar and almost got the Jackson JS32, but then Rondo started offering this option for like $25 more for a 7-string. And honestly, while I'd like a Floyd to mess around with, I also realize the maintenance is higher. I liked the tension on the low B on the JS22-7 with the 26.5" scale, so this should be nice as well. I think they come with 9-56 gauge strings stock.

No pickup changes yet. I've never had the Cephus pickups before (or Agile, really) and I think next year would hopefully have me getting into a beefier combo or head + cab, since I'm beginning to consider my back. As much as I've flirted with the idea of pickup changes, I think I need to work on my amp game more in terms of settings and then a nice system. I'm still keeping my Vypyr for practicing, but to elevate my rock n' roll fantasy camp mode and allow for experimenting with pedal ideas without having to buy them. So far I'd need a OD/Distortion and compressor.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10, Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Amp/Effects:

Quote by dannyalcatraz
New 7 string incoming
Omigod this guitar you guys.

Last edited by AcousticMirror at Mar 2, 2017,
Quote by alistairdunne1994
I've got a MusicMan Sterling JP 157 on the way!

Nice. Never played one of those, but the low-end stuff (under $500) I've tried was really good. Any JP model seems to be an outstanding product from what I hear.
Guitars:
Amp/Effects:

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Quote by bjgrifter
Nice. Never played one of those, but the low-end stuff (under $500) I've tried was really good. Any JP model seems to be an outstanding product from what I hear.

I've played the 6 string version. Also played a PRS Mark Holcomb side by side. I thought the Sterling was infinitely better, and cheaper.
This is a NUGD -- I've actually had it for a few days but didn't know if I was going to keep it. I spotted it used at a GC in Oregon, had it shipped down to Pasadena. It was packed badly and arrived with a ding in the headstock right at the little point on top. Everything else is good, and after all was said and done, the price was right at $200 including tax and shipping. I think Rondo originally had these at $399 plus shipping plus case.

It's a basic 7-string with a 27" scale, Tusq nut, ebony fretboard, 24 jumbo frets, 14" radius, black-dyed quilt top with red binding and transparent red paint. Mine has speed knobs. The neck pickup is a Cepheus, the bridge is a Seymour Duncan Nazgul. I was afraid it would be neck-heavy, and it's not. The neck is about 11/16ths thick at the first fret with a nut width of 1 7/8ths". Not bad at all. Good piece.
Last edited by dspellman at Mar 3, 2017,
for some reason im just now seeing this! I have the exact guitar in green and i love it! I kept mine tuned to F since I went so long without an 8 string but now that Ive got my 8, when i get around to restringing it, the Agile will be staying in G or Ab standard. I found it to be neck heavy and with the wrong strap, it would dive while using it live, but otherwise it was a pretty manageable guitar. nice score!!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

It's pretty cool how this thread is still here. I haven't checked in here for probably like three years and it's still around, and that's awesome! Hey guys! I wonder if any of y'all remember me? It's definitely been awhile haha
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
^ love your quote! and I STILL can't tune a guitar using that method yep we've kept it going. its not always active as it was but there are always 7 or 8 string NGDs! hum_de_hmm dropped by and said hello a few weeks ago to! Maybe the old folks are coming back! haha

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele