Page 4 of 4
Vandals572
word
1,174 IQ
I'm not usually one to care about genres, but I never know what to call this band when describing them to someone. What would you guys call it?

(I'm a noob to this kind of music)
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
08L1V10N
UG Addict
4,654 IQ
What's pop about them? I'd rather call them alternative rock/emo/punk
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Vandals572
word
1,174 IQ
Yeah definitely not pop punk lol
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
08L1V10N
UG Addict
4,654 IQ
Last.fm described them as "Emotive" and I think that is pretty accurate.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
rockfan7
UG's Best Surface Tension
1,525 IQ
Balance & Composure, Tiger's Jaw, Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate), and A Thousand Year Ocean are playing by me, I don't think I have completely processed how incredible that line up is yet...
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
I just saw Empire! Empire! with Hundred Year Ocean and in am onth or two, Empire! Empire! are playing near me again with Tigers Jaw, B&C, and Hostage Calm.
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
I thought it was odd Tiger's Jaw was listed as the headliner, I'm sure Balance And Composure is the biggest out of the lot.
guitar_rules311
Hayden
722 IQ
Tigers Jaw is way better anyways
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
'tis true. Balance is great live though just because their songs have crazy dynamics.
guitar_rules311
Hayden
722 IQ
I haven't seen either live. B&C came to my city in the summer with La Dispute and Make do and Mend but I had to miss it because I was camping that week.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
Ah. I saw them last October (I believe might of been later) with Polar Bear Club, Such Gold, and Fireworks, I can say they were the most enjoyable live easily even though PBC was quite impressive (I just didn't know as much of their stuff at the time). But they put on a truly great show, I wasn't much a fan of their recorded material until after I saw them and now I hear that when I listen to it and I like it a lot more I need to see La Dispute so much....
Bassplayer17
59 IQ
Quote by rockfan7
Ah. I saw them last October (I believe might of been later) with Polar Bear Club, Such Gold, and Fireworks, I can say they were the most enjoyable live easily even though PBC was quite impressive (I just didn't know as much of their stuff at the time). But they put on a truly great show, I wasn't much a fan of their recorded material until after I saw them and now I hear that when I listen to it and I like it a lot more I need to see La Dispute so much....

duude anyway you could tab out "i tore you apart in my head"?
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
Surrree I'll give it a shot. I'll retab out Twenty Four while I'm at it too, this time I will just copy it in to UG too so it doesn't delete it again -______-
rockfan7
1,525 IQ
submitted one. Just the basic rhythm part. It's prolly wrong too.
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
706 IQ
I just realized... I've seen this band 8 times.

That's like, 5 more times then any other band.
djims
10 IQ
Wow, you're just a little ahead of me... Seen them only once sadly. Next time you see them tell them to come back to Australia.
KayleeDirnt
10 IQ
when i first saw this forum i thought it was about august burns red because they have an album called 'the balance' and a song called 'composure' lol im feeling stupid now xD
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Quote by KayleeDirnt
when i first saw this forum i thought it was about august burns red because they have an album called 'the balance' and a song called 'composure' lol im feeling stupid now xD

Give this band a chance. They're nothing like August Burns Red, but they're great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTX0GmjHK8Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIsjLqJJzJ0
My name is Danny. Call me that.
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,920 IQ
In the past few days I've got so into Balance and Composure.

I dont know what it is about them, but they are brilliant.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,920 IQ
Every time I listen to the album there's a new stand out song for me. A few days ago it was Void, then it was More To Me, then Quake, now it's Patience.

Patience has a very Taking Back Sunday feel in some of the vocal parts at some points so I would recommend that to anyone who's a fan of them.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Weaponized
1,756 IQ
People think they're my fave band cause I got one of their stickers on my laptop. It's just there cause there a huge scratch and I didn't have any other band stickers lol

But I do like them.
splamron
UG's Walter White
1,302 IQ
New Albums A Step Up, Big Ups
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
EndTheRapture51
pretentious wank
8,920 IQ