Page 103 of 103
Quote by gonzaw
Do serial killers still exist in the TWD universe? I mean, any kill that happens is "for survival", not really for being a serial killer.

Kind of, there was one guy in the prison. Only in the comic though. Here's a picture of his work.
Quote by StewieSwan
Sex changes? That's pretty gay

Quote by jakesmellspoo
if you took a bite out of an ebola patient, you'd probably end up with ebola.

TWD videogame's Season 3 is out, ep1 and ep2, have any of you played it?

The story is good .. but I get frustrated at how the "choices" have no point, since in the end everything ends up the same. I mean, at the end of S2 you have this huge decision, to either be with 1 companion, with another or go by yourself. The whole drama of the game revolved around this choice (and your relationship to those characters up until it). But in this game, all of that shit is dropped and only mentioned in a 3 minute flashback sequence. The whole relationship from the previous game you've built up with that person, and the decision itself, is undone in 3 minutes.

I mean, there's not much they can do, drastic path changes introduce an exponential complexity, where they have to basically create 2-3 different games and have them be consistent with each other and stuff like that. But if that's the case ... is it really worth it presenting "choices" that obviously won't matter at all? Why can't the choices be about something different, other than the storyline in particular? Will there be a way to make this type of game mechanic meaningful in a future game?
gonzaw

I haven't really gotten into it yet, but they said a while ago that it's not really a continuation of the stories that have lead up to this, it's meant to be a new story that anyone can play even if they haven't played the other two. This is also why they pretty much refuse to call it "season 3" when they talk about it, it's always "the third season" or "new frontier".
Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by jakesmellspoo

Last edited by Oyface at Jan 2, 2017,
i gotta get the new TT TWD.

it's got the same minimum pc specs right?

that was my only concern. some of the screenshots looked a bit more detailed and my pc isn't really capable of running anything more than TT games and old shit like M&B
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
#162 comic out

"Breather" issue. Seems shit is coming. Not only that, but walker-only shit.

I do wonder if it'd just be a rehash of "No Way Out", considering it seems like almost the same exact setup (huge horde of walkers going to Alexandria). I wonder what will be different

EDIT: Also, it being the "last issue of the Whisperer War" I kind of expected something more ... dramatic lol
Quote by gonzaw
#162 comic out

"Breather" issue. Seems shit is coming. Not only that, but walker-only shit.

I do wonder if it'd just be a rehash of "No Way Out", considering it seems like almost the same exact setup (huge horde of walkers going to Alexandria). I wonder what will be different

EDIT: Also, it being the "last issue of the Whisperer War" I kind of expected something more ... dramatic lol

What'll be different? Well, the fact that this time it's an actual OCEAN of walkers, for one. This isn't just a big horde, this is the largest group of walkers we have ever seen, by far. Even with their new army and the bullets Eugene delivered, they just might get completely fucked over. I'm wondering if we might see them on the road again after this, or in one of the other settlements. The only thing I know for sure, is that a hell of a lot of people are going to die.

I'm also wondering how the Saviors will play into this, since they were planning on attacking Alexandria. There's also the people in Ohio, they might come in to play soon.
Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by jakesmellspoo

#163 comic out

Plenty of tension, pretty good issue. Basically the beginning of the end for Alexandria and Rick's "safety". Seems like this is just the start, Alexandria will not be saved, Rick and Negan will survive and have to deal with the Saviors, etc.
I have a bad feeling about the "herd leaders", someone important there is gonna bite the dust, if not more than 1. Eugene and Andrea are prime suspects (Andrea giving a heartfelt goodbye but not being part of the action for a while, Eugene for being very tired, already given ammo to Rick "fulfilling" a purpose of his for now, etc. Tho there's the whole Ohio radio thing going on with Eugene. If he dies they have to pick up that storyline somehow.

The Negan/Rick relationship is getting interesting. Anyways, so Hilltop is destroyed and Maggie/Carl/etc are going to Alexandria, Alexandria is overrun, Sanctuary is acting like dicks, and Kingdom ... ehm, what were they doing again? IMO Sanctuary and Kingdom have been uninteresting since All Out War ended. Now the Saviors have gotten interesting with the whole betrayal thing ... but barely.
Hmm, well, I sure as shit didn't understand a lot of stuff going on

- Why did Rick and CO go to Negan's base? Why arrive at that roadbloack? You tell me the path from the Kingdom to Alexandria goes right by Negan's base? And Negan put those explosives and shit while they went to the Kingdom? If not, then why did Rick take a detour?

- WTF has Gabriel have to do with the boat and those people? They aren't Oceanside, right? How can such a big group be hidden from Alexandria/Negan/etc while being so close to everybody and being that big?
Kinda spot on^
Quote by A Wise Person
If you're sensitive to stereotypes, please visit this link to take a look at these light bulbs on sale so you can lighten the F*** up: http://www.topbulb.com/light-bulbs/full-spectrum-bulbs
I didn't understand the road block scene. Like you said, why were they even there in the first place. And lol at the everyone in this show just being able to waltz through a huge crowd of zombies by pushing them out of the way but the deaths always come from
Just one walker sneaking up from behind.
I really studied the road block scene just to get a sense of direction to see if it made sense. They first came upon the roadblock when the were merging onto the highway going towards the walkers. So the roadblock was on the on ramp and was only preventing people/walkers from getting on or off the highway. Now they were originally heading towards the walkers to get home I guess. so when the walkers were coming obviously the had to turn around and go the other way which they did. But now they're going in the complete opposite direction of where they were first going. So I know they could probably have just quickly exited off the highway and taken some back roads to get home but then it seems unlikely they would beat negans crew from getting there especially since negans group left first. I also can't really tell where the trip wire was in relation to the road block. Was it further from the walkers or towards them? Idk but maybe I shouldn't think about it too much but it just didn't make sense.
Maybe it was the kingdom that planted the TNT and the road blocks. This whole metaphor about removing the object in the road and there being a life changing reward (gold/TNT) makes sense, since TNT would be a huuuuuuuge weapon again the saviors
Quote by A Wise Person
If you're sensitive to stereotypes, please visit this link to take a look at these light bulbs on sale so you can lighten the F*** up: http://www.topbulb.com/light-bulbs/full-spectrum-bulbs
gonzaw

Definitely an interesting issue, I enjoyed the conversation they had while they were trapped. Negan really does seem like he's been rehabilitated, this issue just further proves this. I hope they become a real team, but I can't help but wonder what part Negan will play when the Saviors finally come to town.

Meanwhile, Carl seems to be taking after his father for real now. Not that he wasn't before, but that little speech he did, he really looked like a mini-Rick.

Eugene proved once again that he's a bloody genious. I really like what they've done with him. Started out as a lying coward, now he's a hero. I wonder if the others will mess around with his radio, I can't remember if he told people about the Ohio group yet.
Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by jakesmellspoo

I stopped watching after the first ep of this last season, should I bother watching the rest? is it any good?
https://soundcloud.com/nicocastro95
Quote by nico_9550
I stopped watching after the first ep of this last season, should I bother watching the rest? is it any good?

Depends how invested you are. I feel like since I put in 6+ seasons I have to continue watching. But i mean it's not horrible but it's definitely the way it's been since after season 1 which is bad writing and dialogue and lost potential. But I have hopes that things will eventually pay off cuz there are interesting things that could happen.
Quote by chev311e
Depends how invested you are. I feel like since I put in 6+ seasons I have to continue watching. But i mean it's not horrible but it's definitely the way it's been since after season 1 which is bad writing and dialogue and lost potential. But I have hopes that things will eventually pay off cuz there are interesting things that could happen.

mmmh might keep on watching then
https://soundcloud.com/nicocastro95
Quote by chev311e

I think they're mainly getting screwed by bad editing, to be honest. But for all your doubters, just know that there is some SERIOUS SHIT coming up soon, and if you think Negan is even somewhat worth watching for, you're going to love it.
Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by jakesmellspoo

I'm getting the feeling the show is making little sense (wtf is up with this new group? why the fuck has nobody find them yet? wtf was up with Gabriel? just wtf?). EDIT: Also like why is Richard so anxious, the whole Daryl thing felt unnecessary. Also this group existing feels so contrived. They are also way too creepy (don't know how the fuck they'll get along with Rick and CO after the supposed "war" with the saviors)

However all is forgiven with that awesome Iron Maiden zombie boss fight
Last edited by gonzaw at Feb 20, 2017,
The spike zombie thing was cool but I agree. The episode felt forced and thrown together. It's as if they somehow had a slow episode that felt empty but crammed a bunch of stuff in at the same time.
I think the show is just becoming too big for tv. Like it probably works well as a comic, but there's just too much going on and its too ambitious for tv.
This new group is the blandest group I have seen on the show so far. They have no personality, nothing special about them except for the spiked zombie, (which despite having one of the coolest zombies, turned out to be the worst zombie fight of the whole show,) and only one of them even talks. It's a group of all the extras on the show, with no reason for being there other than, well, I don't even know. Why the hell are they there? Maybe they'll all die out so we won't have any actual important deaths? Same with that all-female group out in the woods, oh GEE, I TRULY wonder why they were created, they couldn't possibly be there only for the purpose of the Alexandrians finding guns now, do you think? No one would EVER see that coming ...

This is what happens when they take the easy way out, and don't give their writing a second thought. They have to make up new groups and storylines to explain whatever they have planned for the future, since they for some reason feel like they have to switch up everything they can from the comic. The acting and dialogue writing has been significantly shittier in the scenes that were completely made up, as well. The whole explosives scene? Worst acting I've seen this season, I swear. The zombie slaughtering wire was cool, but incredibly unrealistic. That scene would work better on Z Nation, but they're known for bad acting and ridiculous zombie kills. (Seriously, look up Z Nation cheese wheel)

But yeah, it's not like sticking to the hugely successful source material could make for a good story, right?
Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by jakesmellspoo

Quote by Oyface
This new group is the blandest group I have seen on the show so far. They have no personality, nothing special about them except for the spiked zombie, (which despite having one of the coolest zombies, turned out to be the worst zombie fight of the whole show,) and only one of them even talks. It's a group of all the extras on the show, with no reason for being there other than, well, I don't even know. Why the hell are they there? Maybe they'll all die out so we won't have any actual important deaths? Same with that all-female group out in the woods, oh GEE, I TRULY wonder why they were created, they couldn't possibly be there only for the purpose of the Alexandrians finding guns now, do you think? No one would EVER see that coming ...

This is what happens when they take the easy way out, and don't give their writing a second thought. They have to make up new groups and storylines to explain whatever they have planned for the future, since they for some reason feel like they have to switch up everything they can from the comic. The acting and dialogue writing has been significantly shittier in the scenes that were completely made up, as well. The whole explosives scene? Worst acting I've seen this season, I swear. The zombie slaughtering wire was cool, but incredibly unrealistic. That scene would work better on Z Nation, but they're known for bad acting and ridiculous zombie kills. (Seriously, look up Z Nation cheese wheel)

But yeah, it's not like sticking to the hugely successful source material could make for a good story, right?

The problem is

The important shit will happen in the S7 finale, but they already passed that part in the comics. In the comics the S7 mid-season finale and S7 finale happen simultaneously. But now they need to fill in with shit in this new mid-season. Plus they have to solve some show-only problems (Saviors being too large, Hilltop+Alexandrians being too weak in numbers, etc)
Quote by gonzaw
The problem is

The important shit will happen in the S7 finale, but they already passed that part in the comics. In the comics the S7 mid-season finale and S7 finale happen simultaneously. But now they need to fill in with shit in this new mid-season. Plus they have to solve some show-only problems (Saviors being too large, Hilltop+Alexandrians being too weak in numbers, etc)

Yeah, I really wish they didn't try stretching half a season's worth of content over a whole season. I was really hoping All Out War would have begun by now. This seems to be a recurring issue on this show, the amount of filler episodes and the slow pace of the show could all be avoided if they didn't try to stretch the content out as long as they can.

And yeah, I get that they have to fix some show only issues. I just wish they hadn't caused those issues in the first place.
Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by jakesmellspoo