Page 104 of 104
Yeah, this season is weak in all departments it feels like. They're dragging things out to build suspense and build the world but it just doesn't feel right. 
Do they still not have the goddamn budget to make a fucking deer at least look realistic?! 
Oh wait sorry didn't realize the deer thing was covered Already. But seriously wtf 
This episode had some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard in this show. Which is saying something. Now all of sudden it seams like they are all talking like the junkyard crew. the timing is all off like right when someone stops talking someone else starts talking. No pause at all. Sounds so unrealistic. 
Got episode 27 Reading now at work in chunks if I can.

And yeah. Aside from the season opener, and a few others, it's felt like all filler. I can't fucking believe we're gonna be 14 episodes in after Sunday. After that, it's supposed to be all chaos and wrapping up storylines/significant characters dying or becoming turncoats, etc. I'm just not feeling any of that shit this season.
They finally got to the parts with Negan, the greatest source material on earth, and they somehow manage to fuck it up ... Who the hell is running this show?
It's like how season 2 dragged on what could have been 6-8 episodes into 13. But with the shit writing of like season 3.
Interesting episode (the oceanside stuff was kind of boring tho)

It's refreshing seeing Negan act all nice towards certain people. It shows that at least he recognizes some people as valuable and wants to keep them, and knows that straight up torture/abuse/etc does not convince them to be part of his team (he gives them rewards, sense of security, etc, too, just like with Eugene). It doesn't make him a one-dimensional villain who just tortures puppies, he's a person intent on keeping his power structure and does so in realistic ways.
I like that zombie combat is coming back into focus, either way.

Truth be told, while it was interesting to see that Negan doesn't allow rape and has some sort of code seemingly (most likely just to flaunt his power with all the wives he has), there is no reason for him to keep Sasha. Logically he should suspect Rick and kill the hell out of Sasha or take her hostage and be headed over to Alexandria asap. Sasha might be good at combat but she's not as irreplaceable as Eugene. Well, at least he doesn't trust her yet or it'd be fully ridiculous as it was setting up to be.

I like the second half of this season, I hope the finale is great.
Finished the ep.

Ehmm ... meh. Everything was too predictable, and being a comic-reader I also knew 95% of everything that went on. The only thing that was somewhat unpredictable was Sasha outsmarting Negan (but the end result was still expected).
It was good ... but meh. In No Way Out I also knew what was going to happen yet it seemed more exciting. I think today's episode was not only predictable for comic-readers, but for show-watchers only too. You knew Kingdom and Hilltop would come to save the day, you knew nothing would happen to Carl, Rick or Michonne.

Also, yeah, the garbage people turned out to be traitorous shitheads, who could have thought? That was seriously short-sighted from Rick. The bad thing is that those garbage people will likely still be around next season

P.S: Did Rick and CO know Carol was alive? It seemed nobody even noticed her. I presume Daryl told Rick about her ... but the show made no mention of it

Whatever criticism I have, it's trumped by Shiva eating some Saviors faces. 10/10
Yea my thoughts are meh also. But even though I felt stupid while it was happening, I got chills when zeke said the line that Alexandria will not fall today. I really think if the action sequences were shot better then that ep could have been great. But everything was so unbelievable. at points there were enemies just standing looking at each other with guns in their hands not doing anything. all that just takes me out of the show. Plus even though the tiger was cool, it's similar to a walker sneaking up on you, like how did No one notice a tiger coming from so far away?

Even though it might have been predictable I'm glad the garbage people turned against rick, mostly because The whole time They had no reason to even be fighting for anyone. So that makes sense they turned for the best deal. But in the end we know negan was never gonna die and we knew rock and Carl wouldn't die. I just wish they made those parts more believable and not think the audience is stupid enough to fall for those close encounters.

Edit: so this whole season was to build up this huge war against the saviors and yet the end was basically another build up to a war. Is next season really gonna be the exact same fucking thing? Ugh
Last edited by chev311e at Apr 5, 2017,
Just read issue #166

Well, shit. I guess another Saviors war is coming up?
Quote by Oyface
Just read issue #166

Well, shit. I guess another Saviors war is coming up?

Considering Saviors have guns pointed at everybody, I don't know how this shit will go on without Saviors immediately noticing Sherry is dead and a a battle happening right there
Quote by gonzaw
Considering Saviors have guns pointed at everybody, I don't know how this shit will go on without Saviors immediately noticing Sherry is dead and a a battle happening right there

Have you seen the cover for the next issue? I think it gives us a fairly big hint.
Quote by Oyface
Have you seen the cover for the next issue? I think it gives us a fairly big hint.

I don't trust "spoiler" covers that much. I remember in the past there was an issue who had Alpha in the cover, when Alpha was already dead a long time ago
Quote by gonzaw
I don't trust "spoiler" covers that much. I remember in the past there was an issue who had Alpha in the cover, when Alpha was already dead a long time ago

Cover or no cover though, I have no doubt that Negan will be playing a big part in whatever happens next.
The cover for issue 169 is out ... God damn.

This, combined with the Negan cover, really makes me wonder what the fuck is going to happen here .. Specially now that Sherry is dead and there are armed Saviors at their gates.
Last edited by Oyface at Apr 13, 2017,
Comic issue #167

it was supposed to be a bullet wound ... ;_;

Shit, they made it look like it was a shitty cliffhanger ala "Glenn is under the dumpster", making me believe it was just a bullet wound and Andrea was fine, and then they did not. I hate those cliffhangers for that reason, if they are false they feel cheap and shitty, if they are true they mislead you and feel shitty too. Or dunno.

Comic issue #168

Is Negan officially a good guy now? Is he this series Vegeta?

To be honest ... that'd be awesome, thematically. Maggie hates his guts, Carl hates his guts, Rick still not fully trusts him, but even if he does, he can't let Maggie/Carl/etc really know that. Crazy personal shit can happen.

Imagine Maggie flipping out at Negan being Rick's right-hand man and like threatening Rick with a gun or something? Maggie / Rick were already fighting a little bit over Gregory, can easilly see Maggie become enraged at Rick.

Lots of juicy stuff. I like it. From now on, either I see some domestic conflict going on (eg Maggie vs Rick), or some people from the group go to Ohio to seek the people from the radio (and the story will follow them). Dunno
Quote by gonzaw
Comic issue #168

Well, Negan did finally see that he had been wrong all along at the end of the war, before he went to jail, what he did in this issue even further proves that. So him becoming more of a "good guy" is something I've kind of been waiting for. Either that or him dying, which I hope doesn't happen for a long time.   

It definitely does seem like he's more on Rick's side though, ever since the thing with the Whisperers, (who I wonder if we'll see again,) and especially now that Rick is in the state that he's in (RIP Andrea, one of my favorite characters of all time) I imagine Negan will only get more involved with the leadership, although probably not in any "official" way.  

As for Maggie .. Yeah, she hates his guts, and will no doubt be upset that he's out of jail. I imagine Rick will make a few speeches about the rehabilitation process or something, and either it will work or Maggie will distance herself from Rick/Alexandria. And yeah, who knows, maybe that'll eventually be the next big conflict.   

As for the Ohio people, I think we'll see the start of that storyline soon enough, judging from the cover of issue 170

Michonne and Eugene on the road together can really only mean one thing at this point, especially with the brief description of the issue.   

"Eugene’s journey begins on a hopeful note, but he could be leading his friends to a slaughter."   

Seems like there's been a lot of internal conflict lately, and unless the remaining Whisperers plan on making an encore appearance, I'm kind of expecting them to introduce the next "big bad villain" soon-ish. If so, they would probably be the Ohio people, or somehow related to their story.  

I'm just guessing here, and I'm probably wrong about some (if not all) of it. Can't fucking wait to see where this all goes, though. We've seen a few different groups of survivors at this point, they wouldn't bother introducing a new one in such a big fashion if there wasn't something special about them, right?

No idea why it keeps splitting my spoiler into two, but I can't be bothered to try to fix it again.
Last edited by Oyface at Jun 9, 2017,
Quote by Oyface

Well, Negan did finally see that he had been wrong all along at the end of the war, before he went to jail, what he did in this issue even further proves that. So him becoming more of a "good guy" is something I've kind of been waiting for. Either that or him dying, which I hope doesn't happen for a long time.   

It definitely does seem like he's more on Rick's side though, ever since the thing with the Whisperers, (who I wonder if we'll see again,) and especially now that Rick is in the state that he's in (RIP Andrea, one of my favorite characters of all time) I imagine Negan will only get more involved with the leadership, although probably not in any "official" way.  

As for Maggie .. Yeah, she hates his guts, and will no doubt be upset that he's out of jail. I imagine Rick will make a few speeches about the rehabilitation process or something, and either it will work or Maggie will distance herself from Rick/Alexandria. And yeah, who knows, maybe that'll eventually be the next big conflict.   

As for the Ohio people, I think we'll see the start of that storyline soon enough, judging from the cover of issue 170

Michonne and Eugene on the road together can really only mean one thing at this point, especially with the brief description of the issue.   

"Eugene’s journey begins on a hopeful note, but he could be leading his friends to a slaughter."   

Seems like there's been a lot of internal conflict lately, and unless the remaining Whisperers plan on making an encore appearance, I'm kind of expecting them to introduce the next "big bad villain" soon-ish. If so, they would probably be the Ohio people, or somehow related to their story.  

I'm just guessing here, and I'm probably wrong about some (if not all) of it. Can't fucking wait to see where this all goes, though. We've seen a few different groups of survivors at this point, they wouldn't bother introducing a new one in such a big fashion if there wasn't something special about them, right?

No idea why it keeps splitting my spoiler into two, but I can't be bothered to try to fix it again.

I kind of wish there was no more "big bad villain", not in a cliche way. I don't want them to go to Ohio and find out it has another Governor or Negan,
or another "This is the way of life now! This is how we survive!" type of guy. We already have plenty of communities and the like, there could be more nuanced, interesting, and complex drama going on. In Game of Thrones we don't have a "big bad villain" in many storylines and they are still as interesting.
FTWD's on again. That first episode got resolved pretty quick, dang.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Woah woah woah woah woah WOAH (don't read if you haven't seen episode 3)
DANIEL'S ALIVE
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
That's a hoax (EDIT: Oh, I hadn't clicked the link)

Also, lol I have to catch up with FTWD, still haven't seen anything since season 2. Tho I did read about all the spoilery stuff from season 2 and 3. Meh, FTWD kind of lost my attention with the whole religious cult thing back in season 2, it didn't make much sense
Best episode of the season so far
The CIA backstory thing seems kind of an ass pull, but whatever.

Starting to hate Strand now
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by Cardbored at Jun 20, 2017,
Absolutely one of the best.  

Referencing Cardbored 's spolier bit is this:

The CIA was a bit of an ass-pull, they probably through it in to help explain his skills to the audience unaware of the Salvadoran Civil War, which was very brutal. Hell, most of them wouldn't even know that the Sombra Negra was real (and how brutal they were, as well).

Totally caught off guard by the episode, in a good way.