WaltTheWerewolf
Caffeinated
1,313 IQ
Sense the past year i've pretty much stopped using picks when i play electric, i'm pretty much most comfy now just using my fingers for rhythm aswell as leads(still have work on the lead parts!) I'm trying to find other Guitarists who are well known to use fingerstyle most of the time on the Electric.

so far i have:
Lindsey Buckingham, Mark Knopfler, Chet Atkins(well used thumb pick too), James Mankey(Concrete Blonde), and Robby Krieger(The Doors).

would prefere Guitarists who are still alive, and this is so i can get some more inspiration etc.

used the search, but all that pulled up was Robby Krieger...
metalhead64
86 IQ
I'm not 100% certain, but check out Derek Trucks.
Stuff:

Ibanez SZ720FM (Duncan Distortion and a 59)
Fender 60s (Mex) Strat - (SD vintage pups)
Blackstar HT5
EHX Metal Muff
Digitech Weapon
MoshMaster
UG's TIMMY
13 IQ
opeth, there damnation album

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Azza Dutt
Russel WTF!?
326 IQ
Richie Kotzen now plays without a pick.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
T.s.e
asd
42 IQ
Mark Knopfler.

EDIT: Woops, didn't read the OP throughly enough.
Greagnath
157 IQ
Why does John Mayer come up here? :O , George Thorogood awesome. Jeff Beck good one.

Does anyone know if Tommy Emmanuel plays his electric stuff fingerstyle? I am not sure now, and am doubting myself.
WaltTheWerewolf
Caffeinated
1,313 IQ
Quote by Greagnath
Why does John Mayer come up here? :O , George Thorogood awesome. Jeff Beck good one.

Does anyone know if Tommy Emmanuel plays his electric stuff fingerstyle? I am not sure now, and am doubting myself.

well shoot he might aswell lol, so far found about 3 pictures of him using his fingers with the exception of a thumbpick...

also his electrics look really healthy...his acoustics on the other hand look like he has slapped them one too many times! wonder how many acoustics have had their tops smashed at the hands of tommy?
OsmanAli
368 IQ
and i forgot to mention john lee hooker and ry cooder although the former's dead now....
Noslo13
Steve Vai entusiast
51 IQ
Michael Lee Firkins. He's more of a hybrid picker but he does do some fingerpicking runs. I couldn't find any album quality videos of him on YouTube but here he is live. His playing is really cool, sort of Beck meets Satriani.
rushpython
Caught in a Mosh
878 IQ
Quote by MoshMaster
opeth, there damnation album

+1000000

additionally i think joe bonnomossa fingerpicks

edit: ^thanks for remembering MLF, i love him!
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Last edited by rushpython at Feb 10, 2011,
JayLacelle
345 IQ
John Mayer actually uses his fingers around 75% of the time. Pretty much all of Continuum is finger picked.
Section 5
How YOU doin'?
374 IQ
I rarely see Andy from the PGS videos on YouTube use a pick, and he's damn good.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Greagnath
157 IQ
John Mayer maybe use his fingers, but his music is so god awful. My opinion, don't get your panties in a bunch.
jsmeyers17
10 IQ
ruban nielson of unknown mortal orchestra.. such an interesting style. check him out, you'll dig.

[forbidden link]