Page 122 of 122
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
The floor pod isn't that great. They pod x3, xt, and hd are all good. The floor pods are just a little lower quality and not as flexible.

A good cheap option would be a used pod xt/x3. You can find them for 100-200 most of the time. I used to have a podxtlive that I ran straight in with at church. I sold it to a friend who now uses it at church as well. It's solid and sounds good. And you can save like 15 billion presets so that part isn't even an issue. One thing though. If you get the xt, you'll need a direct box. A cheap one will do, as all the sound shaping will be done with the pod. But since it doesn't have an Xlr out, you'll need a direct box.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪
514 IQ
So it seems the Axe Fx II is now $2199.. What are the going rates for the older stuff?
DarthV
356 IQ
It's been that price for quite a while. At release, people were paying the full price (and then some?) or they were waiting in queue for months.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Fender HM Strat
POD HD500
Kemper KPA
ABWFProductions
21 IQ
Quote by xFilth
The new Axe firmware is awesome! the Powerball sim is finally worth playing!

https://soundcloud.com/mattra-1/axe-fx-ii-firmware-10-test

If anyone wants the preset, I'll share it

That's such a nice tone! I wish I could afford an AxeFX, haha.

Here's a tone I just done quickly on my eleven rack. First time playing around with it in ages, and been seriously lacking in playing guitar since I finished uni so excuse sloppy playing. Riff is from "The Window" by The Black Dahlia Murder.

[forbidden link]

EDIT: That awkward moment when you realise you can't post links yet...
Last edited by ABWFProductions at Apr 11, 2013,
Hidden Hippo
1,060 IQ
Hey everyone,

I'm moving soon and it might be time to say goodbye to my English. I'm pretty certain it is going to be a bit big for a flat. I need to get hold of something decent for playing in the flat - my first thought was going through my PC and using Amplitude - is it any good?

I'm planning on trying the free version for a while once I get my interface working, but would a dedicated unit be better? I don't think I need the power of the Axe, and I certainly don't have the cash for one, but I could possibly get a second hand pod or similar.

Thanks.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
tybacca60
1,000 IQ
Hey guys.Just recently got a RP-1000. I love and hate the thing. I love that I can plug directly into a PA and can play with headphones. I like the Cleans and Marshall amps-they are'nt great,but they are good.I hate the hi-gain models.They just dont sound good. I think it would be a great multi-fx pedal,but I dont run it through a amp.
I love the idea of a all in one box. Great amp models,Fx tons of options and in one small package.
I can pretty much buy anything I want,More expensive the longer it will take though.Im selling most of my rig soon to raise some extra dough.
I have been looking at the POD hd pro,Used axe fx(ultra or standard,the II is expensive.),Kemper Profilier.
Which would you guys recommend?
Guitars:
Esp Ec-1000 VB with Emg 81/60
Esp ec-1000 Snow White with SD Jb/Jazz
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
Reincaster
Call me Rein.
461 IQ
Quote by tybacca60
Hey guys.Just recently got a RP-1000. I love and hate the thing. I love that I can plug directly into a PA and can play with headphones. I like the Cleans and Marshall amps-they are'nt great,but they are good.I hate the hi-gain models.They just dont sound good. I think it would be a great multi-fx pedal,but I dont run it through a amp.
I love the idea of a all in one box. Great amp models,Fx tons of options and in one small package.
I can pretty much buy anything I want,More expensive the longer it will take though.Im selling most of my rig soon to raise some extra dough.
I have been looking at the POD hd pro,Used axe fx(ultra or standard,the II is expensive.),Kemper Profilier.
Which would you guys recommend?

Kemper. They're getting fairly cheap nowadays (I see them for around $1400-$1500) and I just ordered a camplifier add-on due next week.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
Anyone still check in here? Haha

Right now I'm using a boss tu-3, ibanez ts-9, mxr carbon copy, neunaber wet reverb, and boss dd-7 into an ampeg reverberocket.

Pretty big change from my hd500 haha. Still use the hd every week at church though.

Also, the neunaber stereo wet reverb is amazing, and dsp thread relevant haha
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Anyone still check in here? Haha

a

No.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
dave_1107
10 IQ
in case anybody still checks in here..
im gonna get myself a fender mustang floor..but im not sure what to use for amplification..only bedroom use..but intend to jam with friends on weekends..
would something like the laney audiohub..or laney CXP powered monitor be suitable?
fc89konkari
UG Addict
2,061 IQ
How should I go about getting a foot controller for my Axe FX Ultra? Should I just buy a midi pedal and how would the cables go? Frankly I dont know anything about midi. 1 or 2 cables? I just wanna change channels/patches while I play.
Reincaster
Call me Rein.
461 IQ
Quote by fc89konkari
How should I go about getting a foot controller for my Axe FX Ultra? Should I just buy a midi pedal and how would the cables go? Frankly I dont know anything about midi. 1 or 2 cables? I just wanna change channels/patches while I play.

one midi cable. If you have patches set up and don't need anything more complicated than that, then a midimouse/midi moose will work just fine.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
fc89konkari
UG Addict
2,061 IQ
I'm most likely going with the MIDI mouse unless there's something of a cheaper equivalent.

Speaking of the Ultra, you guys know any good sources for patches? I'm having a bit of trouble finding new patches and making them is always work. I'm more of a plug-and-play type of guy, which might contradict with owning one

Because of that I've even thought of selling my Axe and buying physical amps as I really am using only like friggin 0.0000001% of the unit. I just haven't sold it cause it's just a really friggin' handy unit. As I'm already set up with the patches, it's just plug and play. Tbh I use 1 single patch like 98% of the time quite literally. I just fiddle with my guitars volume knob
fc89konkari
UG Addict
2,061 IQ
If I were to trade/sell my Axe FX Ultra for a KPA, could I set it up identically? Right now my Ultra is connected to my interface with a single XLR cable and I play through my monitors. Could I do this with a KPA as well? If yes, I might as well get one.

Any other opinions regarding Axe FX Ultra vs. KPA?
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
That's the kemper, right?

From what I've read (note: haven't played either) from people with opinions I trust, the kemper does a better job with the amp modeling. It's more flexible and realistic and reacts a little more amp-like. The effects on the kemper are great, but not as flexible or versatile as the axe.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
SharpSpoon
♪"Sometimes I just
299 IQ
Hey everyone. Great thread, although it seems to be dead now.
I figured I'd ask this here.

Eleven Rack, or POD HD Pro?

I currently use a POD X3/POD Farm 2.5. Its okay, but it just can't seem to articulate chords very well in any sort of high gain situation, nor can i seem to get rid of its fizziness. I don't really care about effects too much outside of reverb, delay, and a tube screamer. I just want a great tone and minimal fizz, something that sounds and feels realistic.

Price isn't an issue, and i don't care about Pro Tools.

Everyone claims the 11r can't djent/do metal well either. All the videos I can find of people doing metal on it suck, though this just seems to be due to the fact that they're using waaaay too much gain. >_> It seems to sound the most realistic and full though.

Anywho, all opinions welcome.
zl1288
197 IQ
^I'm going through the same decision making process. Haven't had a chance to play the 11 rack, but the HD's sound pretty great for the high gain stuff. A little bit of fizz on the high end, but not enough to be a dealbreaker imo. The feel still isn't quite there, but it's much better than the XT I have now (never played an X3 though, so not sure how that compares.) As you mentioned, the 11 rack is said to be better on the lower/mid gain stuff, but isn't great at the high gain tones.
SharpSpoon
♪"Sometimes I just
299 IQ
Quote by zl1288
^I'm going through the same decision making process. Haven't had a chance to play the 11 rack, but the HD's sound pretty great for the high gain stuff. A little bit of fizz on the high end, but not enough to be a dealbreaker imo. The feel still isn't quite there, but it's much better than the XT I have now (never played an X3 though, so not sure how that compares.) As you mentioned, the 11 rack is said to be better on the lower/mid gain stuff, but isn't great at the high gain tones.

The XT and the X3 are the same. X3 just looks fancier and has all the model packs on it stock. And the X3 has dual tones.

Yeah, I have the same issue with the POD HD as I do with the 11R. All the videos I see of people playing "metal" with it are using way too much gain, so I can't really judge. I have heard some pretty good stuff come out of it though.

I can't try either in person, as my guitar center never has any in stock. I'm really looking for the minimal fizz and a nice full sound. The X3 always sounded thin to me.
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
I haven't played the 11r, but my pod hd500 can get some sweet metal sounds. It beats the 11r for me because it's cheaper, has a built in controller, and has a much better selection of effects.

I have moved to a more traditional amp/pedalboard setup, but I use my pod every week at church. So convenient.

You can get some nice articulate high gain tones on it. That's one of the things I liked about it when I used to use it for heavier stuff. I would use the recto model with the dr.z cab with the gain low boosted with a tubescreamer. Awesome sound that had a ton of definition and stayed tight, yet had that recto growl in the low end. That was probably my favorite high gain tone

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ciadude2
282 IQ
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Awesome sound that had a ton of definition and stayed tight, yet had that recto growl in the low end. That was probably my favorite high gain tone

I use the Dr. Z cab with a lot of my high gain stuff. It's extremely versatile. I enjoy my HD500.
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
I've been considering selling my hd500. I only use it at church. But right now it's basically a necessity at church. So I have to keep it. But selling it would mean I could buy another amp. Hmmm. Haha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ignite
   
2,079 IQ
it's just too convenient and not worth the money to sell to me.

i would like to sell all my gear though. Both guitars, my mark iv, and my pod, and then pay the difference for an axe fx II and one really nice guitar.

might be living in an apartment next year, and i rarely use my actual amp. it's a shame too.
xFilth
Phrygianist
4,753 IQ
Still rocking the Axe II, never been happier!
Ignite
   
2,079 IQ
anyone know how to mute the guitar signal from the HD500 coming through the speakers? Using it as an interface for the clean signal to be processed through a VST but the clean signal mixes with the monitored fx track on my DAW.

I feel like it's super simple and i'm just forgetting.
Phallic Tractor
43 IQ
Quote by Ignite
anyone know how to mute the guitar signal from the HD500 coming through the speakers? Using it as an interface for the clean signal to be processed through a VST but the clean signal mixes with the monitored fx track on my DAW.

I feel like it's super simple and i'm just forgetting.

I have no idea how it looks like on the POD HD series, but on my podxt, you do that by accessing the ASIO settings and put the monitor level to off.