Page 2 of 2
Toadvine
Obviously, not a golfer
829 IQ
Blindside
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

and yes mewithoutYou is incredible
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
DigitalPimpSlap
248 IQ
Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, Red
Skillet's my favorite and the only one i really listen to
Equipment
-Epiphone Les Paul Special II
-Line 6 Spider III
-FBV Express MKII Pedal
-Ernie Ball Wah Pedal

Favorite Bands/Artists
-My Chemical Romance
-Skillet
-Muse
-Santana
-Eminem
kylepianoman
UG's Scaly Man Fish
1,505 IQ
As Cities Burn - First album is metalcore, last two albums are experimental rock
Fireflight - female fronted heavy rock (sorta like flyleaf but good)
Seventh Day Slumber - A hard rock band; one of their albums is a bunch of covers of worship songs, but done well musically (check out mighty to save)
Anberlin - a heavier alt band
Maylene and the Sons of Distaster - a Christian southern-metal outfit. The lead singer is the first lead singer from Underoath

Brand New* - While not a Christian band, their album "The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me" primarily focuses on lead singer Jesse Lacey's internal struggle with religion. I love this album because it focuses on the darker personal aspects that Christian artists don't typically talk about such as death, addiction, etc.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Last edited by kylepianoman at Apr 17, 2011,
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti
1,195 IQ
I'm quoting myself from the fatter good christian band thread.

Quote by Crazed Shredder
Differentiating Christian from secular/anti-christian music is pointless. A person who believes in God does not need to have a problem with listening to secular music and an atheist should not be turned off from a band because they have Christian themes.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
BK202
The Shape of Jazz To Come
614 IQ
Not necessarily true. I'm an atheist, and if someone were to give me a band with so overtly conservative-christian lyrics referring to stuff like all who are not Christian going to hell, or derserving death, or something to that magnitude, I would definitely be turned off.

The same reason that I would expect hardcore Christians to be turned off by something like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sp_9cPgT0g

I know that people are supposed to listen to music "for the music man, not the message", but the artist clearly has a message to be delivered through lyrics.
Crazed Shredder
Sheik Yerbouti
1,195 IQ
Quote by BK202
Not necessarily true. I'm an atheist, and if someone were to give me a band with so overtly conservative-christian lyrics referring to stuff like all who are not Christian going to hell, or derserving death, or something to that magnitude, I would definitely be turned off.

The same reason that I would expect hardcore Christians to be turned off by something like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sp_9cPgT0g

I know that people are supposed to listen to music "for the music man, not the message", but the artist clearly has a message to be delivered through lyrics.

Ignorant Christians would be turned off yes. I believe in God but I don't mind bands with anti-Christian lyrics to any degree.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
nextchapter94
Ms. Misa Amane
44 IQ
Hillsong
MercyMe
PlanetShakers
Don Moen
Paul Baloche
Reuben Morgan
Darlene Zchech

They're some of the awesome poeple/bands who use their talents to praise and worship God.

God bless !
Fretburning for the one God who keeps my heart ablaze ♪♫♫
(Jeremiah 20:9)
stealstrings
UG's rocker.
698 IQ
Petra, theyr'e an old band, but you still might like em. I dunno know.
orchid12341
34 IQ
Not usually into Christian Rock, but Flyleaf is a band worth checking out. They have some really nice songs.
JunKDepot
646 IQ
becoming the archetype
Extol
House of heroes
august burns red
Callisto
believer
apleaforpurging
divinefire
demonhunter
Fireball ministry
Flyleaf
for today
Impending doom
living sacrifice
Miserection
solution .45
the empire shall fall
times of grace
Oh, Sleeper
Saving Grace
since october
skillet
Stick to your guns ( I think )
The crimson armada
The famine
underoath
war of ages
With blood comes cleansing
Woe is me
I built the cross
Zao

edit- forgot these guys
Antestor
savoir machine
fire fight
Kings X (early Stuff)
Alice cooper (newer stuff)
Megadeth (certain songs)
Ozzy (again, certain songs)

That's all i can think of off the top of my head.
Last edited by JunKDepot at Aug 14, 2011,
haushinka42
133 IQ
12 stones are apparently religious.. though I never noticed until I checked what genre they were under
Good band, though.
excuse the noobness.
00_hns_00
UG Addict
909 IQ
passion is a very good christian band, you should check them out

there's also david crowder and chris tomlin.
Corvette_cav
347 IQ
Switchfoot
Red
David Crowder Band
Lincoln Brewtser (Great christian band)
Casting Crowns (Only some are good)

Those are some but you should really check out Lincoln Brewster!
Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I LOVE JESUS
jimmypagejunior
193 IQ
Needtobreathe... Only one or two "preachy" songs but a wonderful, relatively new band that has changed rapidly over the few years they've been together. They're second album gave them the label of "Christian" but their third kinda broke through that. They're kinda lighter rock like acoustic and stuff but they know how to jam. The singer has a wonderfully textured voice.
SoCalExile
10 IQ
No one has mentioned Killswitch Engage? While not all of them are professed christians, their songwriters are christian and it shows in their music; i.e. This is Absolution.
likespring
Banned
10 IQ
A few of their albums kind of lean more toward Paramore/Family Force Five/etc. territory, but some of their songs are pretty Christian.
Guitar Gladius
43 IQ
Quote by stealstrings
Tourniquet.

Tourniquet is awesome. Creative, heavy, wierd, but not without taste.
RaNdOm ToMaTo
10 IQ
i know a band called switchfoot you might like and maybe ashes remain. My personal favorite is Kutless, i like "softer" music
Jacobrivers8
892 IQ
I can't believe noones suggested Gungor yet! One of the most creative bands I've heard period. Also try David Crowder Band, and Bluetree