Page 95 of 95
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Just tried Guiness's new Blonde Lager thingy.

Why does it exist?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
This cucumber beer is way better. Kewl Hand Cuke by Wingman (local brewery.)

Pretty tasty, more natural cucumber flavor. Has Brett as well, but I'm barely tasting that.

i had one pf those sam adams cukumber coriander beers a few weeks ago and it was pretty good.

i got made fun of by one of my dads miserable friends while i was drinking it because hes a real man and im not.

apparently real men drink twisted tea.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,012 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Why does it exist?

'tis a fine beer

It's the Guinness IPA that makes me question the value of peace and justice
666atheist666
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 14, 2016,
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Why does it exist?

To make you question the value of life
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
kissing in the grass
392 IQ
Is it okay to leave my equipment in sanitizer over night?

I say this because I had something come up mid boil and had to drop everything. but I havent made wort yet so I pretty much just boiled water. I dont want to waste the sanitizer so I'm thinking of letting it sit overnight. thoughts?
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
I have no idea actually.

Haven't brewed in awhile.

But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Why does it exist?

It's not bad.

Also, the Sam Adams Nitro White Ale is tasty

Love me nitro beers
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
kissing in the grass
392 IQ
I'm going to assume its okay. I'm going to rinse off the equipment anyways so I dont think taste should be affected

right?
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
1,539 IQ
I'm not a beer drinker but I found a beer at a local brewery about 3 years ago that I actually liked, but sadly it was never cycled back through their production.

Until now

idk anything about beer but it's almost molasses-y and has a bitter, tea-like aftertaste. It's also pretty viscous.

I'm happy though
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
I thought it tasted like asshole. But not as bad as Guinness Nitro IPA.

Ballast Point has a Nitro Amber at their brewery that I want to try. The brewery is a 10 minute drive from my house. Just went for the first time on Saturday. I don't remember who was saying that Ballast Point is all just IPAs, but if you go to their brewery, they have soooo many beers that they don't distribute or only distribute locally. They had like 8 stouts/porters 5 or 6 ambers, a saison or two, obviously a bunch of IPAs and Pale ales. So much stuff. Just checked the website. They have 37 beers in their taproom.
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
kissing in the grass
392 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
I have no idea actually.

Haven't brewed in awhile.

what's become of you
Ed Hunter
Cod Metal King
681 IQ
Quote by TheChaz

Ballast Point has a Nitro Amber at their brewery that I want to try. The brewery is a 10 minute drive from my house. Just went for the first time on Saturday. I don't remember who was saying that Ballast Point is all just IPAs, but if you go to their brewery, they have soooo many beers that they don't distribute or only distribute locally. They had like 8 stouts/porters 5 or 6 ambers, a saison or two, obviously a bunch of IPAs and Pale ales. So much stuff. Just checked the website. They have 37 beers in their taproom.

Did you go to the production brewery or the trial brewery? The trial brewery was pretty cool as it was more sort of the size of equipment that I use at work. They wouldn't let me have a proper nosy at all their equipment though which was a bit shitty.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
StewieSwan
Decent User
5,012 IQ
Quote by TheChaz

Yeah, I've been on their site and seen all they offer and it makes me p jealous tbh. Out here in CO we get mostly their IPAs and a handful of other kinds, but nothing close to what they offer.
666atheist666
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
Quote by TheChaz

Ayy that was me. They're meh to me
dPrimmy
Resident Noob
28 IQ
The Guinness Nitro left a lot on the table for me. They could have done a lot more with it, but ended up with Maalox w/ alcohol content.

I'll edit this when I get home. I had 2 from Short's in Michigan worth adding commentary about.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
Quote by Ed Hunter
Did you go to the production brewery or the trial brewery? The trial brewery was pretty cool as it was more sort of the size of equipment that I use at work. They wouldn't let me have a proper nosy at all their equipment though which was a bit shitty.

I believe it's the production brewery
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
kissing in the grass
392 IQ
Spent some time in Davis, CA and hit up Sudwerk. they work with the campus' master brewing program and white labs yeast

#2 was my favorite. Aged for 20 months with apricots I believe

also had these recently

gooseisland ipa isn't bad but I've definitely had better. the thai chili wahoo hit the spot with a few good tacos
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Yesterday
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
Thai chili wahoo sounds interesting. I'd give that a shot.

Picked up a simple 6 pack, Lucky 13 by Lagunitas.

Had the Red from No-Li a couple nights ago at a bar, it was very good. Great malt flavors.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
Hoppier than I'd like.

Not enough malt flavor for a red.

Unfortunately, this is the conclusion for most of the reds that I try these days. The IBU keeps increasing
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
Hoppier than I'd like.

Not enough malt flavor for a red.

Unfortunately, this is the conclusion for most of the reds that I try these days. The IBU keeps increasing

Yeah but it's 8%. I think of it more like a red IPA.
My favorite malty red is still probably Red Trolley by Karl Strauss.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
Yeah the 8.8% is pretty nice lol

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely drinkable. I was just envisioning something else.
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
Yeah the 8.8% is pretty nice lol

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely drinkable. I was just envisioning something else.

Yeah, when I bought it I was expecting maltyness as well, but once I realized I wasn't getting that I really liked it. I do prefer malty reds though. like, not every beer has to just be a hopfest
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
I've only had Dead Guy Ale once but it must have been skunked or something. Now I can't even buy it because of that experience
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,254 IQ
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
the thai chili wahoo hit the spot with a few good tacos
Sounds interesting. I just had Watermelon Dorado recently and didn't like it at all, but that's been the first Ballast Point beer I've straight up not liked.

I recently went to a store in upstate NY with an excellent beer selection and left with Off Color Scurry (very good!), Prairie Tulsa Rugby Ale (very good as well!), Prairie Bomb (saving for a friend, but I'll probably get a taste), Dogfish Head 120 min, Singlecut Does Anybody Remember Laughter, Evil Twin Donut Break, and the aforementioned Dorado. I stop at this place every time I'm in the area and usually spend quite a bit each time. Worth it.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
kissing in the grass
392 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage
Sounds interesting. I just had Watermelon Dorado recently and didn't like it at all, but that's been the first Ballast Point beer I've straight up not liked.

I've been considering the watermelon dorado but I get the feeling that its gonna lack something for me.
richitrules
Jew Fro
256 IQ
As I sit here sipping a glass of Oliva Quadrupel I can't help but admire the complexity of this brew. I seriously pick up different flavors with every sip. Dark fruits, fig, cocoa, cherries, a bit of hop, some muted citrus and belgian yeast. Delicious!
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
kissing in the grass
392 IQ
One of my favorite breweries is Belching Beaver. Me So Honey is

from what I remember ipa,s'mores porter, ballast point amber ale, saison

also visited the firestone walker tasting room

milk nitro was very
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
My favorite local brewery has a dubbel out on tap now and it is
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
Drinking Green Flash's Cosmic Ristretto.

Labeled as a Baltic Porter with Espresso.

It has a sharp espresso flavor to it. The kind that you taste in your nose after a sip. There's a sweetness and maltiness in the background but the main flavor is ass kicking espresso. I'm drinking it by itself right now, but it's a beer that I think would probably pair really well with a rich dessert. Basically any dessert you would usually drink coffee with, you could probably sub in this beer and it would be great. A lot better than a lot of other coffee stouts I've had and a nice change of pace for Green Flash.
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
kissing in the grass
392 IQ
bottled a porter today and currently cold conditioning my last batch
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
kissing in the grass
392 IQ
most recent brew. finished with fuggles. great caramel taste.
Diamond Dave
1,428 IQ
glad I spotted this thread, I used to lament the fact that Australia is light on quality beer and certainly had limited opportunities to try the European and American brews that were always being discussed here.

but I'm in the UK the moment and have been absolutely ploughing through the real ales, anything I should keep an eye out for? I'll be traveling all over so any recommendations go, love the local pubs with a few local cask brews.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
you know a beer is bad when its been sitting in your fridge for about 6 months.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
kissing in the grass
392 IQ
smokey chocolate rye stout and hefeweizen from Timeless Pint in Lakewood, CA

TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
So my Irish roommate had 4 friend from Ireland stay with us over the last week and we went to a beer fest Saturday afternoon. Tried about 20 beers I would say. The Irish absolutely fucking HATED almost every beer we tried. They said IPAs all taste like bog water and ended up liking maybe 3 beers out of the 20. Then when we were drinking after they got bud light cran-ber-ritas. So much for the legendary drinking ability of the Irish.