Page 100 of 100
M00NAGEDAYDREAM
That's one of the ones that's next on my list. I want to try their Saison de Beaver, their Dammed! Double IPA and the Horchata Stout. It looks like they're not brewing the sour right now, so I'll have to wait to try that.
Quote by StewieSwan
The one I had was like alcoholic liquid peanut butter
I love peanut butter, so I fail to see a problem with this.

If any of you are ever in the NYC area, check out Other Half. Slowly making my way through the 4-packs I picked up a couple of weeks ago, it's all so good.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Few things I've been drinking lately:

What's relevant here isn't new, I've had plenty of Asahi and Old Rasputin before. They're just classics I keep coming back to.

This one was new for me. Half Acre Beer's Lead Feather Black Ale. Not bad. Definitely had the "ale" taste, but had a foot in stout territory. Which I'm not complaining about.
Some dude brought a bunch of Odell's to beer club because he interned there during winter break. solid beer

He also brought Funkwerks Saison which is possibly the best saison I've ever had. Very low on the phenol profile which is a problem saisons tend to have

hmu CO

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Yesterday
Got a make yr own six pack with Sierra Nevada Back IPA, stone Coffee Milk Stout, Stone Vanilla Bean Potter, Stone Xocoveza, Sierra Nevada Tropical Torpedo, and Sierra Nevada German Style IPA. Drank all of so far but the German IPA. V good all around
how was the Stone Coffee Milk Stout? I've been curious about that one

Also, what's everybody's opinion on Samuel Smith's? I really love their organic chocolate stout. Probably the best chocolate stout I've ever had tbh, which is amazing given the price is so low
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
how was the Stone Coffee Milk Stout? I've been curious about that one

Also, what's everybody's opinion on Samuel Smith's? I really love their organic chocolate stout. Probably the best chocolate stout I've ever had tbh, which is amazing given the price is so low

It's pretty dece. As with all milk stouts, I can only really have 1 at a time because of the sweetness. I drank it after smoking a few bowls and drinking a couple of other beers though, so I'd want to try it again to really judge it.
Quote by FrogstarWorldA
I have some O'Dell IPA in my fridge right now, one of my favorites.

homie get you some O'dell 90 Schilling Ale next

Quote by Pastafarian96
i've been on this cider thing lately.

i bet you all think that's super lame or something.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo

gtfo spice girl

good cider is worth talking about

Quote by Pastafarian96
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
gtfo spice girl

good cider is worth talking about
i'm unsure how one would define "good cider" but for what it's worth i've been avoiding Angry Orchard and stuff like that.

there are apparently a few cider distilleries in NJ, so i started trying out a few of those.

so far:

Ironbound. no added sweeteners iirc and supposed to be a callback to colonial American cider. good as far as i'm concerned, but i also have no point of reference. barebones i guess?

and tonight was some Melick's, George's Tart Cherry. sweet, but not too sweet. i was a bit concerned when i saw pure cane sugar in the ingredients. too much sugar = stomachache in my experience, but this wasn't oversweetened.

i guess i could use some recommendations for ciders if i'm gonna carry on with this.

also i'm drinking some Killian's rn because my mom's former coworker once sent some of his own Irish Red he'd brewed at home, but this doesn't compare at all.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo

I've been loving Bad Apple by 2 Towns lately

http://2townsciderhouse.com/cider.php
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Correcting papers and drinking this lovely stuff

Craft brewing in Ireland has fucking come on in leaps and bounds in the past 8 years. It's been amazing to watch.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by jakesmellspoo

One of my old agriculture lecturers was an Apple farmer. He took us to his farm and gave us all a bottle of his cider he was secretly brewing. It's easily to brew cider on the sly, because if the authorities show up you just claim it's on its way to being Cider Vinegar.

I saw it the other day in a shop, so he's obviously got a licence to brew and sell it. Lovely stuff.

-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
One of my old agriculture lecturers was an Apple farmer. He took us to his farm and gave us all a bottle of his cider he was secretly brewing. It's easily to brew cider on the sly, because if the authorities show up you just claim it's on its way to being Cider Vinegar.

I saw it the other day in a shop, so he's obviously got a licence to brew and sell it. Lovely stuff.

good for that dude

side note: homebrewing became legal in all 50 states in 2013.

Quote by Pastafarian96
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
good for that dude

side note: homebrewing became legal in all 50 states in 2013.

Homebrewing is legal here. He was more on the side of "had to explain the bottling plant on his farm" end of things, as I recall. He had no labels back then.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Homebrewing is legal here. He was more on the side of "had to explain the bottling plant on his farm" end of things, as I recall. He had no labels back then.

Ahh so it reached a level at which personal consumption can no longer be rationalized.

Quote by Pastafarian96
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
Ahh so it reached a level at which personal consumption can no longer be rationalized.
Oh ya. Dude was selling it to pubs. Just couldn't be proven by the police, because all he had was vats of "almost vinegar"
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Oh ya. Dude was selling it to pubs. Just couldn't be proven by the police, because all he had was vats of "almost vinegar"

Nice

they used similar techniques during prohibition.
not exactly the same but here's and example of labeling it as another thing to get by

edit: I meant a different company but check this out

Quote by Pastafarian96
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Today