Page 106 of 106
Quote by DownInAHole.
Scored two free tickets to Sierra Nevada Beer Camp in Raleigh on 6/17. Boom!

Jealous! How did you score them? and am I invited?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
Jealous! How did you score them? and am I invited?

I work at the corporate office of a grocery store chain here on the east coast and did a special promotion for the beer camp variety 12 pack for them, since they were doing tap takeovers in some of our stores with bars built into them, so they tossed some tickets my way. I'm pretty stoked. I went to their Oktoberfest event in Asheville this past fall and it was a complete shit show, in a good way. So far the participating brewery list looks exceptional.
LOL
Last edited by DownInAHole. at May 30, 2017,
hit 2 more breweries this weekend

left hand and oskar blues

AMA
Check out my band Disturbed
DownInAHole.

I want to trade places with you

Quote by StewieSwan
hit 2 more breweries this weekend

left hand and oskar blues

AMA

I would love a fresh glass of Old Chub. What did you have?

Quote by Pastafarian96
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
DownInAHole.

I want to trade places with you

I would love a fresh glass of Old Chub. What did you have?

Fugli, Old Chub Nitro, some stout with basil, pinner, death by coconut, avocado toast, and a black IPA (can't remember the name)

all great stuff
We have an Oskar Blues facility out in Brevard, NC now and it's the shit! They are even brewing Cigar City out there now!

What a time to be alive.
LOL
M00NAGEDAYDREAM Are you going to go to the Pliny the Younger release in February since you're in NorCal now?
Last edited by TheChaz at Jun 9, 2017,
Sorry, said Pliny the Elder. It's Pliny the Younger. But yeah, that's one thing I never made it up to when I lived in the Bay. Definitely planning on scheduling a trip back home in February one year.
Known for their sours

Right: Home, Sour Home
"Golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with peaches, cinnamon, and vanilla bean"

Left: Roses in Bloom
"Red sour aged in oak barrels with roses"

Center: Pliny the Elder

Quote by Pastafarian96
Apparently its beer week in la. Tried Paradox sours yesterday and was not impressed tbh. About to go to a brewers guild competition

Quote by Pastafarian96
Was at a pizza place in Green Bay two nights ago and discovered Old Chub, a nitro Scottish-style ale. Really interesting mix: a strong-ish (just shy of 7%, I think) ale, dark-ish but paler and more floral than a stout, with the smoothness of nitro. I've never had a beer like quite that before. I had it on tap, though, and it's a nitro, so YMMV.

EDIT: In general, Green Bay surprised me as a beer town. Lots of solid microbrewing there.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
Was at a pizza place in Green Bay two nights ago and discovered Old Chub, a nitro Scottish-style ale. Really interesting mix: a strong-ish (just shy of 7%, I think) ale, dark-ish but paler and more floral than a stout, with the smoothness of nitro. I've never had a beer like quite that before. I had it on tap, though, and it's a nitro, so YMMV.

EDIT: In general, Green Bay surprised me as a beer town. Lots of solid microbrewing there.

Old Chub is pretty dece. Made by Oskar Blues. Some other good ones to try from the are Pinner, Mama's Little Yella Pils, and Death by Coconut. All solid choices.
Hoppy Quad by Victory is a cruel mistress.

If anyone's wondering, a half growler of it is more alcohol than a bottle of wine, and will put you on your ass.
My God, it's full of stars!
I brought four six packs of Left Hand's nitro milk stout back with me from my recent trip to Colorado.
tomorrow i'm gonna try out this Ironbound Summer Cider i picked up a few weeks ago.

and i'm gonna go swimming.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by FrogstarWorldA
I brought four six packs of Left Hand's nitro milk stout back with me from my recent trip to Colorado.

quality beer