Page 54 of 54
Let's hear you post a tune with it soon. Should be a major upgrade over the RP90.
Hey guys, long time no post in here.

So I bought a pod hd500 using a $100 off coupon when gc was having their father's day sale. I'm loving it. It sounds so much better than the g3, g5, and rp355 I had(still have the 355 as a backup). I don't know why everyone over at tgp is saying that the g3/g5 is just as good. I think the hd500 sounds miles better than both those units. No regrets at all.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Probably because it's a matter of opinion. As the owner of all of those... HD500, G3, and an RP500 I find that each has some good tones and bad ones.
Quote by fly135
Let's hear you post a tune with it soon. Should be a major upgrade over the RP90.

Yes sir! Glad you reminded me!(and I bothered to check back, never on UG anymore)
I recorded both of these guitar tracks using my POD XT Live.(still messing around with tones but I am growing fond of the "Crunch" setting)

Check it out!!!

Some Metal Stuff
http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack.php?jamsession=5220&room=275&jr=1.

Some Classic Rock Sounding Stuff
http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack.php?jamsession=5329&room=275&jr=1
I broke that XT Live I have out of the box the other day for the first time and gave it a go. Super easy to dial in great crunch tones.
How's it going everyone?

Here are some clips of my HD500

http://soundcloud.com/kutlessfromug/pod-hd500-u2-test-2

http://soundcloud.com/kutlessfromug/pod-hd500-plexi-bright-channel

(Still have and use the rp355 btw)
Yeah he's had it for a while and seems sold on it. In other news... I picked up an RP500 with 3 snapped off knobs (but still works) for $30. I called Digitech and picked up the pots (encoders) and knobs for about $13 shipped. Still haven't installed them.

Oh and Happy New Year!
For my Bad Monkey can anyone recommend me some settings for a clean boost? Like for solos and stuff, and more sustain. I don't usually use a lot of gain if your wondering. Thanks.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Happy New Year V. Listening to your album right now. Good stuff.

No advice for the BM setting. Clean boost is level up/gain down. You get sustain from the gain. So you lose sustain when you turn down the gain. A compressor can add some sustain.
Do you actually play loud stuff? cause the louder you get the more sustain you get, feedback etc. and gain helps a bit yaeh. so you'd want either gain down volume up or gain up too

ok here's a question to you guys, do we have anyone here who has a RPxxx something and separate pedals/ can you plug into your pedals going into your RP? see it introduces any hum/noise really, using a power supply on the pedals?

I'm having this issue with the hum and I want to know if it's just how the RP deal with external pedals/PSU or if it's my electrical wiring

PS. thanks fly, if you can share it somewhere else I'd REALLY appreciate it. Appreciate it a lot nevertheless, thanks for checking it out
V, I put all kinds of pedals in the stomp loop of my RP1000 when I had it. Make sure that you keep the wall warts away from any audio cables as they radiate a lot of 50/60hz energy and will make it through the shielding.
Quote by fly135
Happy New Year V. Listening to your album right now. Good stuff.

No advice for the BM setting. Clean boost is level up/gain down. You get sustain from the gain. So you lose sustain when you turn down the gain. A compressor can add some sustain.

I'll have to try that. Thanks.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Anyone have suggestions for EQing with the RP1000? I'm using it with my 6505+ and I normally use an MXR 10 band to EQ it and am having trouble replicating my EQ with just the 3 band. I have everything above 6khz cut out and the middle slider cut. Two slight humps on either side of the middle slider. Thanks.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
I want to post clips of my Hardwire Tl-2, but it'd be with an iPhone mic. Yay or nay?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by fly135
V, I put all kinds of pedals in the stomp loop of my RP1000 when I had it. Make sure that you keep the wall warts away from any audio cables as they radiate a lot of 50/60hz energy and will make it through the shielding.

this is my main issue. Everything is well organized in my studio but the electricity is really dirty here to begin with.
Quote by Tremolo Bum
Anyone have suggestions for EQing with the RP1000? I'm using it with my 6505+ and I normally use an MXR 10 band to EQ it and am having trouble replicating my EQ with just the 3 band. I have everything above 6khz cut out and the middle slider cut. Two slight humps on either side of the middle slider. Thanks.
Make sure that you aren't using a cab model if you have an amp model enabled. Cab models drastically change the freq response and you can't eq it out. A cab model is good if you like the specific tone it creates.
Was wondering if there was a Digitech thread...I actually just ordered a used digitech rp-1000 from Cali for 240$....Still anxiously waiting its arrival.Im legitametly waiting at the door.
Guitars:
Esp Ec-1000 VB with Emg 81/60
Esp ec-1000 Snow White with SD Jb/Jazz
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
So far so good-spending most of my time dialing in and tweaking my first 10 presets,(1 and 6 are Recs,2 and 7 Are classic rock marshalls,3 and 8 are DigiMetal and Sold metal presets,4 and 9 are clean,5 and 10 are 5150 and Orange metal presests)Have a gig tonight,anythinbg I need to hook it up tO PA?Or run it into my amp(Vox vt80+,not sure if it will work,you know Modeller into Modeller)
Guitars:
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
Quote by tybacca60
So far so good-spending most of my time dialing in and tweaking my first 10 presets,(1 and 6 are Recs,2 and 7 Are classic rock marshalls,3 and 8 are DigiMetal and Sold metal presets,4 and 9 are clean,5 and 10 are 5150 and Orange metal presests)Have a gig tonight,anythinbg I need to hook it up tO PA?Or run it into my amp(Vox vt80+,not sure if it will work,you know Modeller into Modeller)

If your amp is at home, try setting it to a clean channel and plug your rp into it and see how it sounds. When I used my rp355, it sounded much better running it through an amp than it did direct.
Last edited by kutless999 at Feb 6, 2013,
I actually ran it into the PA last night-not too bad but I need to dial it in there because it sounds soooo much different than my bose headphones.I need to go dig another instrament cable out of my shed then Ill try the amp through it.Figured Id leave 1-10 presets for headhones,11-20 for Live into Pa,21-30 for amp.We will see which sounds the best!
Guitars:
Esp ltd f-50
Amp:
Randall rd-20h
Randall rd112-v30
Pedals:
Digitech rp-1000
Quote by tybacca60
I actually ran it into the PA last night-not too bad but I need to dial it in there because it sounds soooo much different than my bose headphones.I need to go dig another instrament cable out of my shed then Ill try the amp through it.Figured Id leave 1-10 presets for headhones,11-20 for Live into Pa,21-30 for amp.We will see which sounds the best!

Cool. As long as you had fun that's all that matters!
I have to say, I picked up a Digitech Digidelay to replace a DD-3 that died on me, and I've been pleasantly surprised. Is it the greatest delay I've ever used? By no means, but it's solid and I can get some good noises out of it.
I think I'm going to invest in a RP-1000. My first pedalboard was an RP-12 that was given to me by my band teacher, but I let a friend borrow it and he lost the power cord. I'd like to get another one, that thing rocked!

Unless of course anyone knows if digitech is putting out a new series soon....
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at May 20, 2013,
The RP1000 is a good solid unit. No word on anything new except the existing iPad based RP.
Quote by fly135
The RP1000 is a good solid unit. No word on anything new except the existing iPad based RP.

There was a pretty nasty distortion on the RP-12 that was borderline Dimebag, the 1000 can run that hot, no?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Bombin. I'm gonna go test one out tomorrow after work.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
kutless999, I'm a couple years behind on this. You responded to a post of mine a while back telling me to check this thread to get settings for RP155. Looking at some 70s-mostly 80s hard rock/metal/hair stuff...some blues ala SRV, KWS, BB King?
Last edited by I want my $2 at Jun 8, 2013,
What do guys think about the new Element series? http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/digitech-element

I like the look of the new chassis and the footswitches are a nice upgrade over previous units.
Look nice, but nothing in the specs is new. No excitement from Digitech in years. Solid units but it looks like there are being left in the dust. I started playing acoustic a lot more. Finally learned to play and sing just about a month ago. Here's my one and only song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxbrP9xK1ZU
Sounds good ^.

Picked up an ac15c1 during a Columbus Day sale a month ago. Really enjoying it and is a nice change from playing through modelers for so long.