Page 2 of 2
Seb1uk
4,004 IQ
Actually just found a file with all my old computer stuff and I found this bad boy, the actual first thing I wrote in Guitar Pro, probably about 7 years ago. Not gonna lie, I still kinda like it.
Attachments:
rock 1.gp5
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by Tarbosh
Well, I'm surprised you guys like it, Ometh/Erra, because I think it's ballsack. Although I was pretty proud of it when I wrote it.

But yeah, the reason I don't like it is because
A. It's like a shitty version of Opeth because I was ****ing obsessed with them in 2008 (and I still am, but I don't let it show in my music anywhere NEAR as much), and
B. It's just like...a random collection of riffs that make no sense together.

Still pretty good as a first song IMO: compared to this that song is godlike
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by S0n1c '97
Will the oldest thing on my hard drive do? Because the oldest thing there is a complete 300 measure song that's 10 seconds away from being 10 minutes.

I constantly delete the stuff I don't like from my tabs folder :/

POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT

And you shouldn't: who knows if in a few years you'll find an hidden gem somewhere

EDIT: Oops double post
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The Wildchild
COME TO INDONESIA!!!!!!!!
3,282 IQ
check this bad boy

ended up as an outro to an ep
Attachments:
ending.gp5
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by The Wildchild
check this bad boy

ended up as an outro to an ep

That's pretty awesome.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
S0n1c '97
Guava king
707 IQ
Quote by Ometh
POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT POST IT

And you shouldn't: who knows if in a few years you'll find an hidden gem somewhere

I can't upload part 1 for some reason, it's not letting me, but part 2 is the superior part anyway.

And if you're wondering why it's in parts, it's so I could put it into a post. The file size was upwards of 200 kb. It's in one on my HDD.

And point taken. Instead of deleting, I'll probably just put them in a folder.
Attachments:
The Taint of Blood Pt. 2.gp5
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Last edited by S0n1c '97 at Jul 20, 2012,
KirkChicoHammet
177 IQ
Just laugh. Or cringe. Or cry. I don't know. Thing is, when I first opened guitar pro I saw that scale thingy and choose one egyptian scale. And there are much more of these. I'm so sad for me right now

Edit : Added one more, to show what I did when I discovered that I could add more tracks to it
Attachments:
Strange Solo.gp5
Chico's Strange Solo.gp5
Last edited by KirkChicoHammet at Jul 22, 2012,
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus
772 IQ
Here's a goofy song I wrote in Powertab years ago. Not the oldest song but the oldest I could find.
Attachments:
heavysong.ptb
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
^ Am I the only one who can't open it?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Not sure if it's the first ever, but it's the first I remember.

I remember thinking it was so awesome at the time.
Attachments:
Maligna Externa.gp5
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by Tarbosh
^ That isn't the first song you ever wrote, is it? 'Cause if it is, that's impressive.

Agreed. I think most of you guys are too harsh on your first compositions: some of them were really good IMO.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus
772 IQ
Did anyone by chance listen to mine? It's Powertab actually because I was using that for a long time before Guitar Pro. I was just curious though.
JazzDeath
Oracle of the Absurd
2,037 IQ
Yes it's the first song I ever wrote... and I had no ****ing clue what I was doing, to be honest, I had just bought a bass and I didn't even know any scales or understand what chords were comprised of, I wrote all the bass lines on my bass and then experimented for months trying to make shit sound good with it.

As I said there were things modified with time, like... All the harmonization, the variations in the "chorus" (which isn't a chorus at all =P), and all the dynamics were not originally there when I had "completed" the song.

Asphyxiated wasn't absolute first thing I wrote on guitar pro but it's the first thing I completed as a song; I wrote this next upload way before Asphyxiated, actually.
Attachments:
First guitar wank ever (Lol!).gp5
Last edited by JazzDeath at Jul 23, 2012,
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by MrDo0m
Did anyone by chance listen to mine? It's Powertab actually because I was using that for a long time before Guitar Pro. I was just curious though.

Like I said before, I can't open it. I try to convert it on GP5 but an error in french shows up. Stupid french
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by JazzDeath
Yes it's the first song I ever wrote... and I had no ****ing clue what I was doing, to be honest, I had just bought a bass and I didn't even know any scales or understand what chords were comprised of, I wrote all the bass lines on my bass and then experimented for months trying to make shit sound good with it.

As I said there were things modified with time, like... All the harmonization, the variations in the "chorus" (which isn't a chorus at all =P), and all the dynamics were not originally there when I had "completed" the song.

Asphyxiated wasn't absolute first thing I wrote on guitar pro but it's the first thing I completed as a song; I wrote this next upload way before Asphyxiated, actually.

This is also excellent

How the hell did you manage to compose stuff like this from the beginning.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Jul 23, 2012,
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Bumping to raise awareness. And also because I want to hear the first songs of some of the guys that haven't posted yet, like RedDeath frankibo and pie
Quote by slapsymcdougal
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,558 IQ
I dont have my first file anymore, it was on an older computer. The first one I have on this puter... is still here.

First one is actually a transcription from a PS2 game called Dark Cloud which was like, one of the first PS2 games, all the way from 2000 or 2001. Classic.
Attachments:
dc.gp5
AThingThatsProbablyGoodOrNotVeryNotGoodWhatIsThisIDontEven.gp5
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,558 IQ
Cavalcade, your first song sounds like a half decent Amon Amarth song dat cray.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Cavalcade
razor sharp
1,942 IQ
Quote by EpiExplorer
Cavalcade, your first song sounds like a half decent Amon Amarth song dat cray.

Naw, imo sounds like a COB fanboy who doesn't know how guitar or drum trying to rip off Maiden. Really, I wish I'd tried doing more stuff with strumming earlier on, like in yours. Anything that isn't a normal barre chord confuses the hell out of me (fuckin' DADGAD with all its open strings).
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
I used to be so shit at writing in Guitar Pro You guys seriously wouldn't believe it. Unfortunately I don't have the very first stuff I wrote... But I do have some old stuff that is really, really bad.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461235
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445715
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488236
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436146
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562124

Somehow I was STILL receiving praise... I don't understand.
Tidib
UNDI/IDE
59 IQ
Oh man
I still haven't finished this song. It has almost been 2 years ffs

I think it was the first, pretty sure it started off as a GP5 file a while back.
Attachments:
Indifferent Omen.gpx
Erra93
erriuyai
1,682 IQ
Quote by RedDeath9
I used to be so shit at writing in Guitar Pro You guys seriously wouldn't believe it. Unfortunately I don't have the very first stuff I wrote... But I do have some old stuff that is really, really bad.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461235
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445715
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488236
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436146
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562124

Somehow I was STILL receiving praise... I don't understand.

Dude, the BTBAM-like melody/solo-thingy in the first link (Techincal Death vers 2) was beautiful!
gquady09
Tab Contributor
778 IQ
I don't write in GP very much, but this is the first "song" I ever finished. It's not much, but I like it.
Attachments:
Grape Jelly.gp5
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
Quote by Erra93
Dude, the BTBAM-like melody/solo-thingy in the first link (Techincal Death vers 2) was beautiful!

Thanks, I suppose. It was a total rip-off of Ad A Dglgmut though.
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by RedDeath9
Thanks, I suppose. It was a total rip-off of Ad A Dglgmut though.

Never knew you used to be a BTBAM fanboy. I guess we all end up being at some point in our lives
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Apr 15, 2013,
Thomasoman
#frizzlefrazzle
2,912 IQ
this is the oldest GP i have, i think it was dated 2006...im sorta suprised that its a cohesive song lol
Attachments:
punk014.gp5
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,558 IQ
Quote by Thomasoman
this is the oldest GP i have, i think it was dated 2006...im sorta suprised that its a cohesive song lol

Thats essentially Crazy train
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
Quote by Ometh
Never knew you used to be a BTBAM fanboy. I guess we all end up being at some point in our lives

Oh, fuck yeah, my old music was basically just Thrice, Opeth, BTBAM and Dream Theater worship. Kinda stopped paying attention to BTBAM after Colors. My favorite is still The Silent Circus.
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by RedDeath9
Oh, fuck yeah, my old music was basically just Thrice, Opeth, BTBAM and Dream Theater worship. Kinda stopped paying attention to BTBAM after Colors. My favorite is still The Silent Circus.

Me too. When The Great Misdirect came out I was like "I don't really care for this" and haven't heard any of their stuff since. I still believe Colors has some great sections and riffs, and I feel all warm and fuzzy from the nostalgia when I listen to it. I was also huge on TSC but Colors was what did it for me.
Quote by slapsymcdougal