Page 23 of 23
RE: atonal metal, Sculptured played around with it (one of the songs on Apollo Ends had a solo written with 12-tone serialism), but I don't know if they ever wrote entire atonal pieces.
Ahoy lads. What sort of progressive albums have you been reaping lately?

I might bring back the album of the week expose
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Whoops, seems I accidentally clicked into the Rock forum instead of the Metal forum
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Yea I'm just messing with you, I'll reference this thread when I'm in the mood
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Been meaning to give this album a shot. Anyone listen to it yet?

http://www.insideoutmusic.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=16848&IdCompany=8
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
mostly revisiting the classics still but here's some I've been digging recently

also as an aside, what do you guys think of this? not sure if you'll dig it but I feel like it is progressive in it's own way. Kinda an epic instrumental this guy does in the middle of a blues show.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Jul 12, 2016,
Edge of Time was pretty gucci.

Caleb turned me into this band some years ago, a math rock post rock hybrid band that I keep returning to. The album is "Frames" by Oceansize. Check it out, let me know what you think.

Somewhat of an indie rock aesthetic, but the compositions underneath are fantastic. Great use of odd meters and forward thinking songwriting.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.