Page 2 of 2
Quote by AlanHB
Well just make music then rather than talking about what sort of music you may or may not make.

I'm going to, I just wanted to know if there were things I could add to my music while still making it how I want to: Thrash metal
so if i stick a tearing ass banjo line and some industrial drums over a thrash song, does that nullify the thrash that is there?
Stop worrying about it and go play guitar.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
>THRASH
>2011

really, don't even bother. You can make 'modernized thrash' i.e add thrashy elements combined with others. check Sylosis out for an example of this as they're pioneering metal right now and their sound is based around bay area thrash
Quote by s31770
check Sylosis out for an example of this as they're pioneering metal right now and their sound is based around bay area thrash

This man speaks the truth.
The reason that all these thrash bands sound generic, the problem is that they say "Lets make a thrash band" and make every single song thrash and thrash and thrash and with little or no influences from other subgenres or uniques ideas.
You can have thrash as like a building block songwritiing rise but dont be afraid to spice it up with influences from other genres, including metal genres and other music.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmg3jr7Bhfo
METAL!
Page 2 of 2