Page 422 of 422
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
Also sorry korey. I couldn't Stan to wait on it haha. But you should definitely buy one. I haven't spent much time with it, but I'm already loving it so much.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
TheTransient
Brendan
10 IQ
Is it actualy replacing your ocd/ts9? Or are you aimig to have them both on your board long term?
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
Short term, it is replacing the double pedal. We will see if I miss the option of stacking drives. When I borrowed my friend's klone, I loved how it sounded stacked with the OCD.

But for now I'm happy with it because it sounds closer to the way I want an overdrive to sound than the double pedal. It has a mid boost, but not as drastic as the ts. And it gets crunchy and aggressive like the ocd, but is more....pleasant? To my ears so far.

Honestly people talk about klons as clean boosts so much but I've been running the gain pretty high most of the time. It doesn't have a ton of gain, but all the way up it's pretty much here I like a mid gain od to be

I'm going to mess with stacking it with the haunt because if the haunt set pretty low gain could give me a little boost for louder/Lead parts that would be perfect
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
Just saw the Matthews effects architect. It looks like a klone with clipping options. Also cheaper than the arc. Could be something to look into

Also their cosmonaut reverb sounds sweet

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
Picked up a teenage engineering office pocket operator mini synth thing today. Lots of fun to be had with this little guy. It has 1980s computer samples and weird glitchy effects you can add to the beats

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
LaidBack
Call me Mike
854 IQ
Checking in. Hope everyone's doing well!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
ppunkrokMr
33 IQ
I finished the mix for the butt rock band here in Eugene. I cant share any of it, but you dont want to hear it anyway. The mix is not great, but definitely better than anything they had previously released. I could have done more with it with good musicians who weren't super sloppy with everything. Also, the guy that did the tracking let them get by with a much of laziness that I was supposed to "fix in post". With the money, I bought one of the new behringer x-touch compacts. 8 channels of flying faders for mixing should make that job much faster and more fun.

This post is a reminder to play well any time you recored so somone else doesnt have to fix things.

Also, I am mixing a record for a young post rock band from Louisiana in a few weeks. I am really pumped...ill be allowed to share bits of that...hopefully it is worth listening to.
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

for music without words I help make: Listen Earth
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
What band? Lol

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...
645 IQ
Hey guys, I made this video just testing shots this weekend and practicing Premiere Pro so I can move over from using Vegas. I used one of John's Ember Wreath tracks and kind of turned it into a quick af ambient music video.

Grading and other tweaking was handled in Premiere. Just fixing color levels and stuff for different shots. Cool stuff around there though. Let me know what you think.
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
Duuuude that was sweet

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
LaidBack
Call me Mike
854 IQ
Might catch some shade in here for saying this, but Brand New may have been good at one point. I don't know. But Modest Mouse opened for them last night, and MM killed it. Brand New fucking sucks (now).

come at me bro
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
TheTransient
Brendan
10 IQ
LaidBack never listened to either of those bands tbh

You know who i dont like? St Vincent. I kept hearing about her so i finally looked her up on youtube and listened to a few tracks. Way overated imo. I figure she is a good guitar player, but her music is super meh.
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
2,916 IQ
I never got into brand new. I've heard a couple skins that seemed cool, but never go out of my way to listen. I think I just missed the boat on them and never cared much about it haha

I'm not into st Vincent much either. She has some cool ideas and has a creative approach to guitar playing so that's cool.

Tomorrow my friend is coming over to work on songs for a new band thing. Hope it goes well. Trying to take influences from mathy/emo/postrock/indie bands and hopefully make something new and interesting

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...
645 IQ
Brand New's The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me is a dope record. I actually don't care for the other ones to be honest. Modest Mouse fucking rules, period.

St. Vincent's best moment for me was this:

That got me into it and I kind of fall back on the first few tracks of that record. I enjoyed St. Vincent live though.
LaidBack
Call me Mike
854 IQ
I like St. Vincent. I don't listen to her enough though.

Quote by ibanezguitars44
I never got into brand new. I've heard a couple skins that seemed cool, but never go out of my way to listen. I think I just missed the boat on them and never cared much about it haha

I'm not into st Vincent much either. She has some cool ideas and has a creative approach to guitar playing so that's cool.

Tomorrow my friend is coming over to work on songs for a new band thing. Hope it goes well. Trying to take influences from mathy/emo/postrock/indie bands and hopefully make something new and interesting

Was the bolded part a Modest Mouse joke? Because they have a song called Missed the Boat. I laughed even if it was unintended.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
TheTransient
Brendan
10 IQ
Ugh.... the non-functioning bass pot on this Laney Pro Bass is starting to drive me mental. I just want to get it sorted so I can put it all back together, play the heck out of it, and start on some other projects. I was hoping I could figure it out, but I am all out of ideas. I think I will be dropping it off with dad on the weekend so he can take a crack at it.
greeny23
This is me now!
6,045 IQ
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
Brand New's The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me is a dope record. I actually don't care for the other ones to be honest. Modest Mouse fucking rules, period.

St. Vincent's best moment for me was this:

That got me into it and I kind of fall back on the first few tracks of that record. I enjoyed St. Vincent live though.

she used my mates pedalboard when she played down here for some club shows. true story.
TheTransient
Brendan
10 IQ
Laney bass pot has been figured out! The stock cap values were the issue. Nearing the light at the end if the tunnel now!

Still have to finish building that v2 OCD clone i started a while back...
T7E
All smiles :)
844 IQ
Some of the fellas from ILF had an EU meet up and at the end of the weekend performed in Emanuel Vigeland's Mausoleum. Some seriouslyhigh quality live drone/Post-rocky stuff:

More vids on the channel.
Last edited by T7E at Yesterday
LaidBack
Call me Mike
854 IQ
I'll give a listen. Sounds like a fun little event.

edit: Worth. The. Watch. Great film work, great tones. Is that a legitimate mausoleum that you guys played in? And where'd you get power from? Generator?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Yesterday
T7E
All smiles :)
844 IQ
LaidBack

Haha it's sick. Mad music all around.
I wasn't there, that was in Oslo and I'm kickin it down under, but yeah, Emanuel Vigeland built that that place as a museum/gallery for his art during his lifetime and then decided to that it would be his mausoleum as he got close to the end I think. His ashes are in there somewhere. Super cool.
LaidBack
Call me Mike
854 IQ
Well fuck, TIL. That's awesome. I thought you were in Aus anyway!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by T7E
Some of the fellas from ILF had an EU meet up and at the end of the weekend performed in Emanuel Vigeland's Mausoleum. Some seriouslyhigh quality live drone/Post-rocky stuff:

More vids on the channel.

So far, I've enjoyed what I've heard.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.