Page 434 of 434
Nah, its a guy on FCOAW. Its a whole big thing, the shit that lead to its creation spanned FCOAW and DIY Stompboxes (unofficial) on Facebook. Its partly a big joke at one particular dude's expense, but also cool in its own right because gut shots of pedals are rad and generally under-appreciated unless you are a giant gear nerd.

Both John and I had pictures reposted in the first little flourish of posts, most likely because we are both pretty active on FCOAW, (John is also pretty active on DIY Stompboxes (unofficial) by the look of it) and at least somewhat connected to the progression of events that went on in the lead up to this page being created. But holy shit did it blow up overnight! When I got the notification that my photo was shared, there were only like 30-40 followers. Go to sleep last night, wake up and check it and they are now at 500!
TheTransient That shit on Nice Town with the alternating guitars at the one minute mark... tasty. Rarely get to hear guitars doing a bean toss with each other and actually sound good. Pretty cool to see established musicians here. Wish I can say the same about myself. Still need to start my own shit and get creative

If anyone's still interested in that Year of Gear thing from a few weeks back:

Wampler Euphoria
Proco Deucetone Rat
Old Blood Black Fountain
Boss RC-3
VHT Melo-Verb
Xotic BB Preamp

Hagström Tremar Super Swede
Vox AC4HW1

I'll probably end up buying a new acoustic guitar, probably that sexy Ibanez AVC6, and still deciding whether I want to save up for a roadtrip to Seattle... or try stereo with a vintage Fender Princeton Reverb.

Desicions desicions...
Tell me about your thoughts on the euphoria
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by LtnVasquez
TheTransient That shit on Nice Town with the alternating guitars at the one minute mark... tasty. Rarely get to hear guitars doing a bean toss with each other and actually sound good. Pretty cool to see established musicians here. Wish I can say the same about myself. Still need to start my own shit and get creative

Thanks man!

Although I cant take credit for that as I play bass in that band! The future of this band is kinda up in the air at the moment though as one guitar player may or may not be moving to Canada in late-April/May. We are trying to write some new tracks at the moment so we can hopefully get another EP out before that happens!

Quote by LtnVasquez

stereo with a vintage Fender Princeton Reverb.

You had me at hello
Quote by TheTransient
Although I cant take credit for that as I play bass in that band!

1:22 mark.
Last edited by LtnVasquez at Jan 12, 2017,
ibanezguitars44

Euphoria's kinda weird. Higher gain paired with humbuckers just leads to wooly and fuzzy tones. No good. SIngle coils, you can survive. Single coils with low gain actually sounds really good, but I can't find the sweet spot. That, and the switch is pretty useless. I wasn't expecting much, but I was fairly disappointed by what I got. I might just start looking for Klones. Someone said that originally, it was supposed to sound like a Fender Deluxe on 8... lots of air being pushed out, maybe or maybe not a lot of gain. Precisely my choice of pedal.
Guys, pass the Beano. I've got GAS for the first time in a long time! Holyfuckballs.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
^ Yeah that one captured my interest too, but its too expensive for me to even consider getting without actually having a purpose for it in mind.

Got an Arturia Minibrute yesterday. Its sick, but also confusing haha. Its my first synth, so i have some learnin to do. Just played it using the direct headphone out, yet to try it with pedals and my bass rig. I am looking forward to it though!
LtnVasquez

I'm using an arc effects klone. I really like it. It does totally clean boost, mild breakup, and sorta classic rock amounts of gain. All with a little mid bump. Not as much as a tubescreamer. And not as noticeable on the totally clean settings. It also can be put before or after other drives and just add a nice little something to them. It's really cool in that way.

I mostly use it with the gain around 3:00 for a mild overdrive that stays really dynamic. Can be clean when picking soft, but pretty saturated when digging in.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Nice!

I've got their Crimson King, Big Green and Shepherd, and have been looking hard at the Soothsayer. Good pedals.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by ibanezguitars44
LtnVasquez

I'm using an arc effects klone. I really like it. It does totally clean boost, mild breakup, and sorta classic rock amounts of gain. All with a little mid bump. Not as much as a tubescreamer. And not as noticeable on the totally clean settings. It also can be put before or after other drives and just add a nice little something to them. It's really cool in that way.

I mostly use it with the gain around 3:00 for a mild overdrive that stays really dynamic. Can be clean when picking soft, but pretty saturated when digging in.

OOOoooh, Brett Kingman makes this pedal sound really good. I especially like the bass boost. Have you used the two dip switches in the back?
Yeah I turned on the bass boost and messed with it for a little bit, but decided in the moment I liked the stock tone a little better so left it off. Been meaning to try it out again.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I was hoping to actually pick up a J. Rockett Archer, but this Klone sounds a lot better. The dip switches really seal the deal.

But dammit, I can't sell the Deucetone because it's fucking amazing and my only method of playing metal for fun. I wish someone would buy this damned Euphoria...
You guys see the source audio ventris reverb?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣