Page 431 of 431
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Get a universe 25 instead

Hrm... Get. ProCo Deucetone Rat for only $100... or fork over the extra $90 for the ultimate Rat modded pedal?

Kinda tempting. Still depe ds, though. I've been think of selling my Vox amp to get a superiour Fender. Maybe the Princeton Reverb... I love the sound on it.
Yeah I get you. My first rat I got from guitar center used For 45 dollars. So if you just want a rat, that's what I'd do haha. I also had a friend throw in an lm308. Sounds sweet.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44

I might end up snagging an extra LM308 and seeing if the sound is any better. Honestly, though, I think I'll just go with the Deucetone. That, plus a TS-9, and I still need to decide on a good Fender amp. Princeton is good, but I'm worried it won't be able to crank hard enough to at least touch a bit of that post-metal noise I hear from the Deluxe Reverbs.
Quote by LtnVasquez

In light of the soon-to-be-purchased Double Rat, and the Screamer that I paired it with, I have decided to make a few changes...

http://i.imgur.com/HLwconK.png

I still feel iffy about the delay... Maybe I'll exchange my Black Fountain for version II... Or something else? I've been thinking about getting something with either a looper or a reverse delay on top, but that's for a much later time.

Quote by TheTransient
Get deucetone, put in lm308s and led in clipping section ala turbo rat

Noted.
Last edited by LtnVasquez at Nov 29, 2016,
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Any of you guys get any good deals the past couple days? I got a couple studio monitors at "buy one, get one half off" and I bought the superior drummer 2.0 vst at 100 instead of 300. Also picked up a new interface. Ready to get back into recording.

Fuck. I wish I knew. I can't afford shit right now. Made my first mortgage payment and I'm gonna be in the hole about $15,000 for condo renovations. I did "splurge" and buy myself Overwatch for $35, though. Nothing guitar related. How's everyone in here?

Quote by ibanezguitars44
Yeah I get you. My first rat I got from guitar center used For 45 dollars. So if you just want a rat, that's what I'd do haha. I also had a friend throw in an lm308. Sounds sweet.

Got mine for $35, and even stock I think it sounds pretty great for most applications. I like maxing out the gain and keeping tone and volume low for an almost sputtery, fuzz-like sound. Mmmm....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I sold all my actual rats, so now I just have the ones I have built.

One looks like this:

And the other is waiting to be rebuilt into a new enclosure. Will likely try and do the same finish as the one above, but with black paint. I think the one above looks good because it kind of looks like clouds, but I am interested to see how it looks in other colours too.

Mine also have a couple of small mods as suggested here http://www.electrosmash.com/proco-rat . Literally two parts changed. One capacitor to reduce the bass cut the circuit has (this was a big killer for me) and one resistor to increase the input impedance for less tone loss (honestly not sure how much of a difference that particular mod actually makes, but it sounded like something worth doing in any case. like it cant hurt to just do it)

Getting keen to finish up my current amp projects (5E3 is getting a new speaker and then it should be done, and currently making a new baffle for my Traynor YGM-4) so I can do a couple pedal builds. Mix things up a bit, keep it all fresh. I have a completed V2 OCD tagboard ready for an enclosure, as well as a half finished 1776 Multiplex Jr that has been sitting in my drawer for a year.

Got a long list of shit to do after that too haha, but thats cool, I kinda like having these projects to think about while I am at work or whatever. Keeps the brain-cogs turning.
I really want to get a soldering iron and build some pedals
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
DO IT

Just be prepared for some slow grinding on your first builds... It sucks, but its worth sticking with it.
Quote by TheTransient
DO IT

Just be prepared for some slow grinding on your first builds... It sucks, but its worth sticking with it.

Yea, the initial grind is tough. But as you level up and gain access to more schematics, the experience grind really speeds up. Some people even write macros to automate their exp grind.

...wait, are we talking about pedals or MMOs?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals