Page 443 of 443
Hey everyone, figured I'd post in this thread since it seems like a good place for a question regarding live performances for post-rock. 

I'm trying to get started with live post-rock with a 5 piece and I'm wondering essentially the best ways to be able to play all sounds that are not directly from a guitar to an amplifier. My songs usually have drones created in reaper with vst's that are hard to reproduce accurately with my guitar pedals, as well as voice samples thrown in occasionally. I'm looking ideally for a way to produce this in a stripped down house show setting without professional sound set-ups if necessary. What's the best way everyone does this? Midi keyboard, sample pedal, laptop to PA, something else? Thanks
My old band did this in the past using a boss rc3 looper. We had a song intro and a couple samples loaded on there. We usually played places where the sound check was very minimal or the equipment/sound guy was subpar so usually we ran the looper through someone's amp. But I think a couple times we just had the looper on its own channel straight into the pa.

This works well if it's not super involved stuff. Like if you can just hit play and let it go. If you need to fade between things or control things obviously you might need a more complex setup.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
My old band did this in the past using a boss rc3 looper. We had a song intro and a couple samples loaded on there. We usually played places where the sound check was very minimal or the equipment/sound guy was subpar so usually we ran the looper through someone's amp. But I think a couple times we just had the looper on its own channel straight into the pa.

This works well if it's not super involved stuff. Like if you can just hit play and let it go. If you need to fade between things or control things obviously you might need a more complex setup.

Thanks, this seems pretty ideal to me for exclusively voice samples and drones with the digital files containing fade ins/outs.
The looping thing at the end was fun.
I kept hoping he'd stage dive or tackle somebody or something hahahaha
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hi guys. I heard this is where you talk about music that comes after rock. Am I correct to assume as such?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
You are, and you should post.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Nah, I'm good.

Wait. Shit.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
No we throw rocks at metal posts and add some delay and reverb

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
That rocks.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Nice post.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Nice post.

Nice post-ice post-postttt-osstt-osstttt-ssstttt-sssttttt-stttttt-ttttttt-tttt-ttt-tt-t-t.

Who here likes reverbs, delays & fuzzes?

Holy crap that's so cool. I need it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44

Which? The Loomer? The Mesmer? All 3?

Or Keeley's entire product line?

I'm aiming for all...

Sorry meant the apprehension engine. Screw pedals.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I half agree.

Hey the dod boneshaker is 49.99 again until July 2 if anyone is interested. Originally 149

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Thanks!

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣