This probably comes under none metal stuff that metal fans are probably the biggest audience for.

Their début album Aikaintaite arrived today, so I thought I'd share the band with everyone.

Best way I can think to describe them is dark, ambeint, ritualistic neo folk. I've heard a few reviewers say they found a bit of a funeral doom element on the album too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SToSQu0MBQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEBx1qMfjkA
This is quite good! Unfortunately I don't think it's something that will hold my attention over many listens. Could go either way I suppose.
just spotted this on facebook

"We thought that an update of Syven activity and future plans might be appropriate before the ending of this year. As the post below states: There is the possibility of a vinyl release of Aikaintaite next year, we will post updates on this.
Some of you will have noticed that our first live performance will take place in Brasov next year on December 8th 2012! On that same day we will officially release "Corpus Christi! a 35 minute piece in four movements. This forthcoming release will be in CD/DVD and also there is planned a limited vinyl. All releases mentioned in this post will be via Vendlus Records."
Syven... Eh. Ok. I want to like it... I guess I like it about as much as Nest though [that is, not much]. Hexvessel is better.

But none of them match the absolute grandeur/perfection of Tenhi.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
This stuff seems pretty sweet.Kind of gives off a Northaunt vibe in a way.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Burning_Angel

But none of them match the absolute grandeur/perfection of Tenhi.

Whats the best place to start with Tenhi?
I was thinking the new one, but if there's an outstanding album of theirs I may as well give that a whirl.

personally I think it all comes down to whether you feel it or not with this sort of music, and both Syven and Nest both really seem to resonate with me. This Syven album is really something else, easily my album of the year.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Dec 24, 2011,
Dont ask me. Literally, EVERYTHING they've done ranks among my very most prized albums ever. Some people might think Moonsorrow or Isole or Infestus or Burzum or Darkthrone are my favorite band... They'd all be wrong. Sure, they're all up there as favorites of mine, but nothing touches Tenhi. There's something magical about them to me. Once I start listening to them at night or during the day or any time really, I rarely can stop until I've listened at least two or three albums in succession. Or go to bed. Whichever comes first. I seriously just cannot explain the love that I have for Tenhi in words.

But if you'd force me to choose, I suppose Väre is as good a place as any to start; it's varied, and shows most of their sides. Maaäet is also incredible. As is airut:aamujen, although the latter is much more piano based than anything else they've done.

and Saivo...

good god that album is incredible. Easily my top album of the year; nothing else even comes close. It's an experience. It's varied, and somewhat complex/layered, but also simultaneously perhaps their most minimal. It's also just... different. Less nature based.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Dec 23, 2011,
Don't hurt yourself Sean!

Neil I agree that this type of music is more personal and true enjoyment depends on whether it resonates with you.

Haha "it's the resonance, mannn"
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Dec 23, 2011,
^ True enough on both counts, Nick.

In any case, I suppose I shall check out this new Syven album. Perhaps in the right mindset, I'd enjoy it and over time it may grow on me. We shall see. It's worth the shot though, I think.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
This is pretty good, but I think I'd need to be in the mood for something like this and right now that's just not what I'm wanting.

May look at it during a time when I want it.