JDawg00100
^ thats me
728 IQ
I listened to Song7, and really like the overall style to it. The intro was a little shaky for me, it was a strange start but after that the riffs were pretty legit. The drums sound good, they could be a little louder, quality is alright too. Other than that pretty awesome, nice job
aaron aardvark
5,077 IQ
Indy_Fire,
I bounced this thread right to the top just to spite you 'Song7': I dig the guitar riff at ~1:00, parts of this song remind me of Led Zep (good). Would be nice if Robert Plant sang on it (we can dream). Overall the rocks quite well! Surprising change at ~3:20: reminds me of Susie (spelled wrong) & the Banshees (good). Mix is slightly muddy, but OK. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29047521#post29047521
MrBluePie
137 IQ
I like what you got going on here. I usually can think of another band that someone sounds like but you have got me stumped. The rock style is pretty sweet. Everything seems pretty tight too. Well thought out. If not, you have some good improv chops! One of the few I actually like!
Although my style is different what do you think? Check out the songs on my profile.
warren gilmour
21 IQ
i listened to a few songs Indy (at work in an office) and they sounded great. The first track (track 7) really grabbed me and had me moving when it kicked in. Really cool....One thing I noticed is maybe the drums couldve been a bit louder in the overall mix....
Beer Deluxe, the name grabbed me (I really dig beer), thats a smolerding riff there, really jumps out......
Gonna listen to the rest later
ElvenLord
314 IQ
Groovy rock, I likes ! The recordings could be tighter, but you say that you're doing it on purpose, so whatever... Try panning the rhythm guitars, it'll make the sound much bigger

my recordings, if you wanna have a look: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516374
DanielShaw123
3,097 IQ
I've checked out your stuff before I believe, I think it was "till i'm dead" and "win or lose". Loved them both. Listening to song 7 now. It's great. I love the mixing and tones on all your tracks, of all the instruments.

If it was a touch more completed, with vocals and stuff, I would definitely buy an album of this.
dylanfg
99 IQ
Hey, thanks for critting my song. I listened to SierraEchoX-Ray and thought the intro was really good, and the rest of the song was interesting sounding even without vocals. Really liked it, well done.
hello
SG-Burchett
266 IQ
I listened to three of the songs. Song 7 was the best imo, so i dunno if you put it at the top of the list for that reason (or if not then it's good that that is top by chance).
The mixing is pretty good but obviously not perfect, yet that makes me like it a lot more as it makes it sound more rocky and not too over-produced. The Bass sounds great, as it has captured what a bass should sound like.....as if you just plug your bass in to a big amp, and just rock out, so for this reason i think you deserve particular praise!!!!!!!!
the drums on song 7 sound good, but one or two of the others they sound VERY trebl, so not so good there but overall.....nice stuff

you're welcome to listen to mine in return if you cba
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516390
ascendancy2
436 IQ
Thanks for the feedback

currently listening to Song7 - something about that intro doesn't seem right, maybe timing is a bit off, but the bass tone sounds pretty sweet maybe it overpowers the guitar tone in some sections but thats mainly down to personal taste. The song in general is pretty well put together, definately kept my interest and overall, it's pretty groovy

LOVED the section from 3:18, definately old school Metallica vibe going on there and the tones are pretty nifty in this section, and some good soloing
Duv
androgynous fishcake
3,941 IQ
Song 7 - like the bass, but the guitar lacks a bit of balls. Not the playing. I like the riff but the tone.

Breakdown is cool. Chorus a little too wet to my ears. A bit too early 90s. IF that's what you're going for though it's good.

The guitar over the top of the chorus stuff is good. Sounds good and nicely played.

I love that riff and I really want it to hit me in the gut but the way it's recorded/tone isn't doing that. Not doing a good riff credit. Could easily sound killer.

Beer deluxe (had to listen to this from the title!): sounds pretty cool but doesn't really go anywhere. I reckon you could turn this into a full on song pretty easily and it could sound really cool. Loving the late 80s funky vibe. Guitar tone again not sounding particularly full.

Till I'm dead: like the drums immediately. The riff works really well with them. Not sure about Craig's vocals. Think a lighter voice is needed for this one. Nice little solo. In fact I like all the guitar work on this track. Good job my fellow Brummy!

(Btw I write as I listen which may explain sohrt sentences/train of thought prose)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1481695
Indy_Fire
652 IQ
Blimy!!! Just checked in on my lunch hour.
Cheers for the comments folk, I'm at my PC tonight so expect those c4c's paid in full.
Just a quick general thingy.....some of the tones are a bit lame atm, song7 is in thr pipe line for a new main guitar part....one with ze balls. Tis a bit thin as you say.

Bass guitar is not a bass guitar...it is the same guitar all the other stuff is done with.
I have a morpheus drop tune the wife got me and it is the dogs go check one out on youtube.
But basically I drop my guitar down an octave and recorded through a bass set up on line6's podfarm
So it's bloody cool you like the bass. It sounded alot better than midi.
SG-Burchett
266 IQ
duuuuude! well it makes a better bass sound than most people can get with a real one on recordings (me included lol).

good to hear about the lead guitar bit. nothing really that wrong with the other one. a bit more oomph would be nice though (if that makes sense)
Last edited by SG-Burchett at Feb 2, 2012,
Indy_Fire
652 IQ
Right that is everyone upto date i think, plz link me to your songs if I have missed you out.
feel free to crit on others and post your songs up for me to crit back on. cheers.
This_Kidd
Chillax!
1,525 IQ
Hey man.

Well I did what most other people did and just listened to the top one, Song7.

Overall it was really good, I'm presuming that these are songs that would later have vocals added to them? Which of course would add to the overall strength of the song.

My least favourite bit was really the chorused rhythm and the solo, it was good but it's not really the type of solo I generally like. I think it should've been a bit less Metallica and a bit more Zeppelin, if you get me?

I think the bass could've done with being a bit more 'bassy' to fill the sound out a bit, and as someone else said some more panning on the instruments would've helped to fill out the sound!

Overall though it was very good!

C4C if you get the chance: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517551
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Indy_Fire
652 IQ
Quote by This_Kidd
Hey man.

Well I did what most other people did and just listened to the top one, Song7.

Overall it was really good, I'm presuming that these are songs that would later have vocals added to them? Which of course would add to the overall strength of the song.

My least favourite bit was really the chorused rhythm and the solo, it was good but it's not really the type of solo I generally like. I think it should've been a bit less Metallica and a bit more Zeppelin, if you get me?

I think the bass could've done with being a bit more 'bassy' to fill the sound out a bit, and as someone else said some more panning on the instruments would've helped to fill out the sound!

Overall though it was very good!

C4C if you get the chance: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517551

Song is in rewrite as we speak. At present there is only one guitar in the mix, The solo thing is prety much how I play, to try and play something different my be beyond me.
Was it just the effect? I guess the harmony i was going to add will just make it sound even more metal than it does now.
but the main rhythm is going to be heavier sound wise so it is going to take a 'load' kinda feel.

crit on it's way and thanks for the comments. Feel free to post about the other songs and leave your links here.
This_Kidd
Chillax!
1,525 IQ
^All good man, it's just personal preference really! I'm more of a Zeppelin fan than a Metallica fan so I'd obviously say that.

Good luck with it dude.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
SilverDolphin
The Ghost Passenger
472 IQ
Listened to "Beer Deluxe". Awesome riff and bassline! Pure awesomeness! and I never say that to anything! I loved the raw solo. Cool drums through out the song. I can't find anything I dislike in that song.
Please check out my song =) https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1518307
Indy_Fire
652 IQ
Quote by Zerath
"Where are we?"

I feel a slight Alice in chains influence in the track, which is a positive thing!

Something I think could be improved or altered is the guitar in the beginning; It goes quiet a little too fast, so a slight reverb probably would do it good.
Would also be nice to hear a vocal track on top on it .

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583991

Thank you sir.
I can't say I've heard Alice in chains, I could be wrong though.
Crit on it's way to you.
Cheers.
Zerath
Tab Contributor
1,038 IQ
Quote by Indy_Fire
Thank you sir.
I can't say I've heard Alice in chains, I could be wrong though.
Crit on it's way to you.
Cheers.

They're a grunge band with the really famous song "would", check it out!
Splitvision
155 IQ
Listened to "Where are we?". Some sweet riffs in there and especially the basslines were groovy. Really liked the solo, played with good technique and it kept me interested. Liked the tone on the guitar and bass, and the drums sounded well recorded, though they could be louder. Nice song overall!

If you want to crit back here's the link:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1584403
Indy_Fire
652 IQ
Quote by Splitvision
Listened to "Where are we?". Some sweet riffs in there and especially the basslines were groovy. Really liked the solo, played with good technique and it kept me interested. Liked the tone on the guitar and bass, and the drums sounded well recorded, though they could be louder. Nice song overall!

If you want to crit back here's the link:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1584403

cheers and thanks for listening. return crit on the way.
mattmakaha
693 IQ
I'm listening to "Take What You Want"--

For some reason, the beginning up to about 0:25 reminds me of Pearl Jam.

From listening to a couple of other tracks like "Where Are We" which uses real drums (always best!!!), I thought that it's real drums too, but there's something about the snare drum in "Take What You Want" that makes me think it's a drum machine (like when you can here the snare drum around 1:55-2:10, like the decay in the snare hits, I could be wrong. though. I mean if it's drum programming, that's damn good programming.

You got really good riffs on several of your songs. I think if you got a good vocalist, it would be even better, but that might be just me, I can't help but just hear a vocalist singing over this.

You've got really great energy, and attitude, in these songs too!! I think that's what makes me dig these songs the most.

From reading one of your posts, on all the tracks, that's not a real bass?? That's pretty mind blowing, because it sure sounds like a real bass to me....

Could you go to my thread and maybe leave a comment there:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1579631
Last edited by mattmakaha at Jan 24, 2013,