Page 24 of 24
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
I like the RX-93 V Gundam from Char's Counterattack and Wing Zero Custom from EW.

Shoutouts to the Deathscythe Custom, Unicorn and Justice Gundam too cause I really like them as well.

Also the Akatsuki Gundam.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Apr 29, 2016,
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
When I first saw Gundams in Gundam Wing back in like 1999 I was a huge fan of all the Deathscythe variants. These days I like the more realistic/militaristic looking mobile suits. Norris's Gouf Custom, Gouf Flight Type, the EZ8, the JESTA, and the Kampfer have become my favorites
Cardbored
264 IQ
If I started watching Gundam where would I start?
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
Quote by Cardbored
If I started watching Gundam where would I start?

1- Do you like war and military stuff? Gundam 08th MS team, A War in the Pocket(A personal fav), Gundam Stardust Memory, Gundam Thunderbolt (new and still running).

2- You like super robots destroying everything? Gundam Wing and Gundam 00.

3- You like weird animu robot stuff? G Gundam.

4- Current running Gundam series worth watching? Iron Blooded Orphans, Gundam Origin, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam Thunderbolt.

If I had to pick ONE to start with? Maybe Gundam Origin. It's new and tells the beginning story of the very first Gundam show ever.
Last edited by DukeDeRox at Apr 29, 2016,
Hal-Sephira
The Pretty Reckless
1,443 IQ
Quote by DukeDeRox
When I first saw Gundams in Gundam Wing back in like 1999 I was a huge fan of all the Deathscythe variants. These days I like the more realistic/militaristic looking mobile suits. Norris's Gouf Custom, Gouf Flight Type, the EZ8, the JESTA, and the Kampfer have become my favorites

Oh man, that Deathscythe was so freaking dope!

I like Gouf the best for some reasons though.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Cardbored
264 IQ
Yep probably gonna go with the military stuff. Gundam Origin sounds good too. Thanks
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
Quote by Cardbored
Yep probably gonna go with the military stuff. Gundam Origin sounds good too. Thanks

I HIGHLY recommend Thunderbolt, A War in the Pocket, and 08th MS team for militaristic Gundams that have more serious themes.

Origin is good for starting out but there isn't a lot of mech combat going on since it takes place before the war. Plus Origin hasnt finished its animated run yet, so when you run out of Origin episodes and if you just want war and sad stuff, those 3 are in your bag.

Quote by Hal-Sephira
Oh man, that Deathscythe was so freaking dope!

I like Gouf the best for some reasons though.

Looking back, I think Tallgeese has become my favorite mobile suit from Wing. It's like it represents the overall European look and feel of the world it takes place in. I really love it and wish its kit was cheaper cause I'm lazy and poor

And custom Goufs are just bad ass
Last edited by DukeDeRox at May 1, 2016,
RBM01991
80's Metalhead
1,636 IQ

The list is enormous and I have a Kampfer MG that I yet to take a picture of, but you get the gist of it.
Hal-Sephira
The Pretty Reckless
1,443 IQ
Quote by DukeDeRox
Looking back, I think Tallgeese has become my favorite mobile suit from Wing. It's like it represents the overall European look and feel of the world it takes place in. I really love it and wish its kit was cheaper cause I'm lazy and poor

And custom Goufs are just bad ass

Anything Gouf is totally awesome. I like that mobile suit as my favorite of all Gundam because of the cool design, better action in combats, the speed and the unique weapons. Master Gundam, Wing Gundam, Devil Gundam and Epyon are all badass too but Gouf gave me the feel more than any other though.
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Quote by DukeDeRox at #33952005

The original Tallgeese was a really cool looking suit in Wing. Epyon too.

Speaking of Wing, I'm I a weirdo cause I actually prefer most of the EW Ver. Gundams over the Anime versions?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
I like the EW designs but they prolly should've given a reason for the redesigns other than to make money lol

Also Goufs will always be great. This Flight Type special is the tits (no 08th spoilers in this one) :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lJBT74plP6A

Big 08th MS Team spoilers in this one, don't watch if you haven't seen. Norris and Gouf Custom:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kEuNfbTWc
RBM01991
80's Metalhead
1,636 IQ
I dont know man...I'm kind of bitter because the original Wing Gundam Zero was in for 2 whole seasons, and the Wing Zero Custom is in the movie for 30 seconds and its the one that everyone likes that most
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
Quote by RBM01991 at #33949494
Happy New Year and Necrobump!

I have been a fan of Gundam since I was 12 years old and Toonami was still around. I have amassed a huge collection of Gunpla over the past year and I'm very excited to share this with y'all.

This is not the best picture, and I'll get a better one once I get home, but this is most of my collection.
Yoooooooo. High five. That's probably even bigger than my collection, much respect.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R at #33949496
Nice

Any of you guys watching the new Gundam Unicorn redo?
I am. I don't see the point to it, but I am heavily invested in the soundtrack so I figure why not.
Quote by RBM01991 at #33949553
Man they need to turn F91 into an anime instead of just a movie...or do something with Johnny Ridden lol.
I would love both of those things. F91 had so much potential, and a likeable cast too. And great mobile suit designs.
Quote by RBM01991 at #33949587
So what is everyone's favorite Mobile Suit/Gundam?

As far as general mobile suits, I'm very fond of the Kampfer because its fast as hell.

Gundams would be the God Gundam/Burning Gundam here in the U.S
Very tough question. I love the Hyaku Shiki, but I don't know how much of that is my bias towards the pilot.

I don't even know where to begin in terms of actual Gundams though.
Quote by Cardbored at #33951796
Watching Origin without watching the original MSG is pointless. I know it's counterintuitive because Origin happens before, but trust me.

Also thank you all for reviving this thread.
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
I think Origin does pretty well on its own without watching the original MSG. I think seeing the original def amplifies the experience because you know the characters fates and their origins drive the interest up, but the characters stand pretty strong on their own in Origin.

Some people have a hard time getting into MSG as a start given its age. I personally enjoy it, however, a lot of my friends wont even give it a try because it's length and age.

Currently I recommend Thunderbolt to anyone and everyone cause it's short enough to grab interest, it's new and pretty, it lacks the teen super pilot/falling in love with the enemy tropes, and tells a really good story. Give em a short strong taste of the Gundam drug to get em addicted and watch it aalllllllll
Hal-Sephira
The Pretty Reckless
1,443 IQ
Quote by RBM01991
So what is everyone's favorite Mobile Suit/Gundam?

Devil Gundam
Master Gundam
Wing Gundam
Epyon Gundam
Deathscythe
Musha Gundam
Qubeley

Anything Gouf >>> any other mobile suit in the entire universe
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
RBM01991
80's Metalhead
1,636 IQ
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13133302_626412107514530_5951360526456090763_n.jpg?oh=a62dd99c20833611c8ae100d91f07263&oe=57E23F07

Alright y'all. Updated collection with a few new additions. Those being the Kampfer MG and the original Wing Gundam MG.

Should I buy a Unicorn just for the sake of completion? I really wasnt into the show all that much and I don't like the way it looks unless its in NTD mode.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Quote by RBM01991 at #33957127
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13133302_626412107514530_5951360526456090763_n.jpg?oh=a62dd99c20833611c8ae100d91f07263&oe=57E23F07

Alright y'all. Updated collection with a few new additions. Those being the Kampfer MG and the original Wing Gundam MG.

Should I buy a Unicorn just for the sake of completion? I really wasnt into the show all that much and I don't like the way it looks unless its in NTD mode.

Personally I probably would but I like the Unicorn

Quote by Amuro Jay at #33956595

I am. I don't see the point to it, but I am heavily invested in the soundtrack so I figure why not.

I never watched the original so I'm pretty into it. Mind you, I'm heavily tempted to just watch the old one and spoil it all
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Personally I probably would but I like the Unicorn

I never watched the original so I'm pretty into it. Mind you, I'm heavily tempted to just watch the old one and spoil it all

I hear there's gonna be some changes so it might just be worth watching the original anyway.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Yeah you're probably right about that. I'm sure I'll cave in and binge watch them

I can't tell if I like the Unicorn OP song or hate it with a terribly fierce passion.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
I've got a love hate thing with Unicorn. I love the music, art, designs, and combat. But I always hate the child pilot trope with a passion and the final fight wasn't for me.

But the music was pretty damn good for sure.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
I'm more into it then I thought I would be if I'm honest

I really dig the art style
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
I thought the art and designs were great. They really captured that retro feel from the original MSG but made it pretty and clean for modern standards. The haircuts feel specifically dead on oddly
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Quote by DukeDeRox at #33965866
I thought the art and designs were great. They really captured that retro feel from the original MSG but made it pretty and clean for modern standards. The haircuts feel specifically dead on oddly

Yeah that's how I felt about it too.

Mineva's hair is 80stastic for sure.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
RBM01991
80's Metalhead
1,636 IQ
So now that we are on the subject, who do we think is worse? Zeon and all of its subsidiaries or the Federation and all of its subsidiaries?
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
They're both full of good people and terrible people. But Zeon dropped a colony on earth and used chemical weapons in space. Then stole a nuke after the war to nuke a fleet. Then tried to drop an asteroid on earth.

I feel like Zeon/Neo-Zeon is worse just because they have trouble reigning in their own insane love of doomsday attacks.
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
Quote by DukeDeRox
They're both full of good people and terrible people. But Zeon dropped a colony on earth and used chemical weapons in space. Then stole a nuke after the war to nuke a fleet. Then tried to drop an asteroid on earth.

I feel like Zeon/Neo-Zeon is worse just because they have trouble reigning in their own insane love of doomsday attacks.

Well most of those things were committed by the Zabi rule and Zeon rebellion factions/Haman's Neo Zeon.

Zeon Deikun himself was a great man, and even though Char was doing wicked things he knew that he would let fate decide whether his plan would work.

Spoilers in case some people haven't seen CCA

I think Char knew he was going to lose to Amuro but he felt an obligation to at least try to carry out the Axis plan for the sake of the preservation of earth. it's really fucked up but at the same time like, his intentions were still pure. his methods were just bad.
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
Yeah, Zeon Deikun was a good man who's name was unfortunately used to do horrible things. I just lumped all the people who did those terrible things in his name under Zeon cause I'm a lazy person if it wasn't for the Zabis the spacenoids prolly wouldn't have radicalized or gone the ultranationalist route. Sure they were angry but Deikun could have quelled them into peace.

Char is his own problem separate from the Zabis but born of their terrible plots. At the end of the day he still used the Zeon banner to do shitty things regardless of his intentions. Dropping big things on earth is always a no no.

People who utilize the Zeon name to do bad shit are usually worse than people who use the Federation to do bad shit. But that's just how I see it.
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
At the same time though you gotta consider, would you rather take 100 punches at once or have a punch a day for 100 days straight? I see that as the difference between the Federation's actions vs Zeon's.

Nearly 100 years of oppressive extortionist rule of the colonies were required to maintain the exploitation of what were basically second class citizens in order to feed the wasteful and destructive lifestyle of the earth elite. Similar to how all the "Banana Republic" nations were being exploited by richer nations for agriculture until they revolted.

When war broke out, there were no lines that the Zabis wouldn't cross. After Zeon lost the war, you'd think the Federation would have learned a thing or two, but nothing changed.

Then you had the Titans, who were well documented as being as cruel as (if not even more than) the Zabis, killing anyone suspected of being a Zeon sympathizer, killing civilians under false pretenses of quelling rebellions, and gassing entire civilian colonies because they might have had a Zeon presence in them.

Then there's all the shit that regular Federation soldiers did on earth too, that they talk about in ZZ and Unicorn, I think. The ruling class of the Federation refused to inform the civilians of a colony drop, letting them all die when it all could have been avoided were they not preoccupied with political power plays.

I think both sides are equally bad, it's just that the Federation spread their sins out over a century whereas Zeon compacted everything into 20 years.

there's no real "good guys" in Gundam, in terms of sides. There are good people, there are bad people, there are people who fight for what they believe in, there are people who fight for power, and then there's Captain Bright Noa, the one shining ray of light to guide the Universal Century.

That's really what I love about Gundam. When you really dig into it from both sides, you realize both sides are justified and both sides are wrong.
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
I never got to see zeta or zz so I never learned about the Titans >.> but I agree, what makes Gundam interesting is both sides do terrible things but have good people caught up in the war. Alls Quiet on the Gundam Front sort of deal at times.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Quote by Amuro Jay at #33966600
At the same time though you gotta consider, would you rather take 100 punches at once or have a punch a day for 100 days straight? I see that as the difference between the Federation's actions vs Zeon's.

Nearly 100 years of oppressive extortionist rule of the colonies were required to maintain the exploitation of what were basically second class citizens in order to feed the wasteful and destructive lifestyle of the earth elite. Similar to how all the "Banana Republic" nations were being exploited by richer nations for agriculture until they revolted.

When war broke out, there were no lines that the Zabis wouldn't cross. After Zeon lost the war, you'd think the Federation would have learned a thing or two, but nothing changed.

Then you had the Titans, who were well documented as being as cruel as (if not even more than) the Zabis, killing anyone suspected of being a Zeon sympathizer, killing civilians under false pretenses of quelling rebellions, and gassing entire civilian colonies because they might have had a Zeon presence in them.

Then there's all the shit that regular Federation soldiers did on earth too, that they talk about in ZZ and Unicorn, I think. The ruling class of the Federation refused to inform the civilians of a colony drop, letting them all die when it all could have been avoided were they not preoccupied with political power plays.

I think both sides are equally bad, it's just that the Federation spread their sins out over a century whereas Zeon compacted everything into 20 years.

there's no real "good guys" in Gundam, in terms of sides. There are good people, there are bad people, there are people who fight for what they believe in, there are people who fight for power, and then there's Captain Bright Noa, the one shining ray of light to guide the Universal Century.

That's really what I love about Gundam. When you really dig into it from both sides, you realize both sides are justified and both sides are wrong.

I think that's really the best way to describe it and also why I like it as well. You can kind of relate to both sides of the war and it kind of makes you rethink the idea of what is good and what is evil. Having things very black and white (as in this dude is the good guy and this dude is a bad guy) makes it boring and predictable.

But when the Black Tri-stars killed Matilda I'm not gonna lie I wanted Amuro to shit in their mouths.

Also Unicorn finally changed their ED and I like it much more. The OP is starting to grow on me even though the lyrics are super lame. LOL
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster