Page 6 of 6
I think this thread should have been locked to the public, and discussion of the products in the main fo. On that note, I think there should be a dedicated fo or sub-fo for virtual gear. Lastly, this thread needs updating.

@ChemicalFire: I haven't warmed to Revalver4 for high gain sound; too raw in amp and cab, and the amps don't feel like a live electric line in my hands.

@Lee: Bias cabs are kind of strange. Mic and mic placement have a lot of effect, as the C414 is monstrous boomy with the Highway. Originally, my favorite was VH4>highway>C414, usually needing some post eq serious low cut, and decent treble boost. However: I typically don't prefer Marshall cabs, especially not greenbacks, for metal - but the Green25s I prefer the most of the lot. Second is the Thrasher. The boldest and cleanest high gain tone I've come up with is od>tplate>green25s+C414.

I think your guitars and mix sound good.
Last edited by Anonden at Jul 17, 2016,
Really good and useful thread. Still reading this years after and enjoying it. When I was younger I used to play a lot, just to get guys lol. It worked
Alright, just found this thread and I'm amazed so far. I've only been using Amplitube for amping so far and I must say.. trying out the pre-amps of LePou, Amplitube is leagues down. I do have some of the other pre-amps suggested too, which are just as good too. But I'm still forced to use Amplitube for impulse response since I simply can't get LeCab to work in Ableton. I suppose it's a 32-bit plugin since that's what it says on the website, so I tried using JBridge to sort it out, but it still won't show up in Ableton. I tried the SIR2 which gave me goosbumps, but I can't afford the full product. So what sort of impulse "Loaders" that are free can you recommend that preferably is in the same quality spectrum as the SIR2 ? I have Impulse Responses ready from RedWirez , but nothing to load them into. I would really like to have the simulation of the SIR2 somehow, it was so crisp and clear it sounded better than the real deal.
Any thought on including iOS apps?

I'm *really* liking the JamUP app.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by benzel
Alright, just found this thread and I'm amazed so far. I've only been using Amplitube for amping so far and I must say.. trying out the pre-amps of LePou, Amplitube is leagues down. I do have some of the other pre-amps suggested too, which are just as good too. But I'm still forced to use Amplitube for impulse response since I simply can't get LeCab to work in Ableton. I suppose it's a 32-bit plugin since that's what it says on the website, so I tried using JBridge to sort it out, but it still won't show up in Ableton. I tried the SIR2 which gave me goosbumps, but I can't afford the full product. So what sort of impulse "Loaders" that are free can you recommend that preferably is in the same quality spectrum as the SIR2 ? I have Impulse Responses ready from RedWirez , but nothing to load them into. I would really like to have the simulation of the SIR2 somehow, it was so crisp and clear it sounded better than the real deal.

Try NadIR with Kalthallen Free IRs. If you disable Amplitube cab sims and all effects after that, they actually sound better to me with IR loader after the amp than the LePou plugins. I am still using Amplitube 3.