Page 7 of 7
You guys all need to go to bed, play with others, and/or practice...
Yamaha F310P "Bella"
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Goldtop "Chrysa"
Fender Standard Stratocaster "Michelle"

Marshall DSL15C
Digitech RP500

Dunlop Delrin 500 1.5mm and 2.0mm picks
D'Addario strings
I think Yngwie Malmsteen is a piece of garbage. He is not a guitar player but a shredder. He only uses his technique but he has no feeling.
Quote by LieveSander
I think Yngwie Malmsteen is a piece of garbage. He is not a guitar player but a shredder. He only uses his technique but he has no feeling.

I agree that he overplays pretty much everything, which is bad taste surely - even people like me who love Malmsteen agrees with this, but when he has one of his more melodic and calm moments he has a vibrato to die for, a melodic sense that is out of this world as well as a technique that is impeccable. For everything he has done, for his attitude and persona - you can't not love him. He loves to upset people. By playing and by doing other stuff. When he was in Swedish TV years ago he bought a $200k Rolex before asking what the price was, as one example.

Anyway, my list of guitarists I don't get the love for includes Slash (cool appearance, not really that convincing playing) and Jimmy Page (same as previous, adding really weak technique and bending). (Adding Kirk Hammett to that list would be like beating a dead horse.) I've had this discussion of overrated guitarplayers since I started playing and I'm really tiring of the whole thing.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Oct 15, 2014,
Quote by Roxxie Roxx
Kurt cobain yes.
Angus Young? What? take a listen to what you do for money honey. The solo is truly brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnwi9Swe_IU
at around 2.25. He mightn't be as technically talented as yngwie malmsteem but he knows how to write an awesome solo.

100% AGREE!! ANGUS BRINGS THAT SHEEERT
Quote by John Klisaris
Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift is absolute crap and only ******s listen to it. Joe Walsh and Neil Young are far better.
Quote by LieveSander

#DumbestArguementEverWithNoSubstanceToBackItUpWhatsoever
Quote by sethkins
Angus young, Kurt cobain

I entered this thread to say that Kurt Cobain is underrated guitarist

People say that he was shitty guitarist and anyone can play nirvana but.. have anyone of you tried to cover bleach album?
Quote by Slipshod2

People say that he was shitty guitarist and anyone can play nirvana but.. have anyone of you tried to cover bleach album?

Not even with a gun to my head.
I could name a couple:
- Kurt Cobain
- Slash ( people gonna hate me for thuis)
- Tommy Thayer (the fake Ace Frehley)
- Kerry King
No
Quote by Slipshod2

Yes, it's not that hard. He used weird chords and stuff. But his composition process wasn't genius, it was more like "well, that sounds slightly unexpected, so go with it". The guy was a shit guitarist, and his stuff isn't hard to play. If you think it's hard to play, then you need to practice guitar more.
Quote by Pastafarian96
That dude is not that great, I know people way better than that at the same thing

That's the joke. If you type unbelievable guitar, or amazing acoustic guitar in YouTube, you get this ****ing guy. Thus making him incredibly over rated.

"World's Best Guitar Player Unbelievable!" Ya, right.
Last edited by fingrpikingood at Dec 1, 2014,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
But his composition process wasn't genius, it was more like "well, that sounds slightly unexpected, so go with it".

I hear that's how shakespeare wrote his plays too.
As a massive Nirvana fan I'm definitely biased BUT.....

I don't think Kurt has ever been hailed as a GREAT guitarist nor did he ever want to be I'm sure, so I don't see why he's in this discussion at all ? ?

Anyone that publically states Jimi as overrated IMHO needs a rabbit punch to the face
I'm not really a fan of Jimi's but as a poor guitarist myself I can respect him not only for his ability but for being one of the first to do what he did

just my 10 pence worth
[SIC]Angus young is only over-rated in terms of soloing and stuff. AC/DC still had the best riffs and classic sounding rock music. Stevie Ray vaughn is over-rated, his solos all sound similar.....

Oh the Irony.

Love ~ACDC but they wrote the book on samey, they've even started ripping themselves off now.
Quote by d2ore
As a massive Nirvana fan I'm definitely biased BUT.....

I don't think Kurt has ever been hailed as a GREAT guitarist nor did he ever want to be I'm sure, so I don't see why he's in this discussion at all ? ?

Anyone that publically states Jimi as overrated IMHO needs a rabbit punch to the face
I'm not really a fan of Jimi's but as a poor guitarist myself I can respect him not only for his ability but for being one of the first to do what he did

just my 10 pence worth

YeAh, anyone describing Jim Hendrix aS bEinG overrated, iS a DoOsH nozZle.

EdIt: No oFfenSe tO anYonE whO tRulY iS a DoOsh NoZzlE.
Last edited by ChordsOfLife at Jan 17, 2015,
•Kurt Cobain - the worst guitarist in history. And the monument of his guitar is the greatest joke i have ever seen.
•The Edge - Zero technique, a lot of effects. Without delay, chorus and etc. he is nothing.
• Angus Young - learn E,B,D,A power/open chords and you can play 99% of AC/DC songs. His solos are ok but not great.
•90% of punk guitarist - they only can m*stubate power chords and most of their solos are one note per bar or played in one box.
•any fast guys/shreders(don't kill me guitar nerds)(Gilbert, Satriani, Vai, Petrucci and etc.) - yes, they are very techical and talanted guitarists, but MOST(not all!!) of their songs are unmelodic, boring, souless and unmemorable.
Quote by Rexirion
•Kurt Cobain - the worst guitarist in history. And the monument of his guitar is the greatest joke i have ever seen.
•The Edge - Zero technique, a lot of effects. Without delay, chorus and etc. he is nothing.
• Angus Young - learn E,B,D,A power/open chords and you can play 99% of AC/DC songs. His solos are ok but not great.
•90% of punk guitarist - they only can m*stubate power chords and most of their solos are one note per bar or played in one box.
•any fast guys/shreders(don't kill me guitar nerds)(Gilbert, Satriani, Vai, Petrucci and etc.) - yes, they are very techical and talanted guitarists, but MOST(not all!!) of their songs are unmelodic, boring, souless and unmemorable.

What a silly bump for a silly opinion.
*your ad here*
Quote by ZeppelinSkynyrd
David Gilmour

Now I'm awake!!!!!!!!!! You break my heart. I wanna poke you in the eye dammit.
I've loved Gilmour forever.
Just don't say Garcia.
Clapton,Cobain never woke me up.