Would it be possible to put tele dome knobs on a strat? Or would the shafts not match?
Thanks.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
its possible. if not, you could just use a little glue, wait till it semi drys then put it on the shaft and take it off, leaving the imprints, then wait till its completely dry
People do it all the time. Depends on the knob. If it has a set screw, it would be ideal to have solid shaft pots (tele) but I'm pretty sure the split shaft (strat) will work too once you tighten the set screw enough. If they're the cheapo press-on knobs, you'd want split shaft usually so it'll grip the knob.

^ not sure about the glue idea though.

good luck
Cheers guys, thanks for the help.

HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Generally Tele's have a set screw - to allow them to grip a smooth pot shaft. This wouldn't be ideal, but would work if you have some knobs that you want to use. If you were going to buy new knobs for a strat, shop around - I know of some places that will do tele pots without a set screw.
You can use set screw pots on both smooth and knurled/split pot shafts, but make sure they're the right shape (since some smooth pots have a flat side whereas split ones don't)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (BKP C-Bomb/VHII)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.