Page 2 of 2
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
250 IQ
Quote by severed-metal
I have to say the new one is my favourite track so far, but really not a single gripe with any of the tracks posted. Except that we've probably heard most of the album by now, why doesn't Meilenwald (or rather Ván Records) just release the album.

I think you're mistaken, as this artwork:

Isn't all that bad looking. You might be referring to Foulest Semen...? It looks like bad CGI, but it's kind of neat so I give it a pass.

I like the artwork.

And pfft, come on severed, you know Ruins better than that. We havent heard even close to most of the record yet. They say it's 9 tracks, that's 3. You know with Ruins that'll mean [conservatively] at least 3 more long ones I figure. Maybe more.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Seamus O'shanty
20 IQ
Nah I liked Foulest semen's artwork, even though I'm not really sure what it was supposed to be, this new artwork just really caught me off guard it's not what I was expecting jukno
severed-metal
mooderator
540 IQ
Fair enough, it does look a little strange and out of focus with their prior albums artwork, but I don't mind it. I understand the context, as the album's title is:

BLOOD VAULTS (The Blazing Gospel Of Heinrich Kramer)

So in a sense I understand the usage of the character itself, and the crosses beneath the book. I assume it's Mallevs Maleficarvm he's holding in hand, while his other pens the actual gospel.

I don't understand why he's blue. Maybe his mother died. They probably just exaggerated his appearance to make him look more evil.

or I'm just making stuff up as I go along. I've been known to do that.

EDIT: I don't know which Heinrich Kramer's work it is. It could be any of them. I assumed it was just the most popular.

Quote by Burning_Angel
I like the artwork.

And pfft, come on severed, you know Ruins better than that. We havent heard even close to most of the record yet. They say it's 9 tracks, that's 3. You know with Ruins that'll mean [conservatively] at least 3 more long ones I figure. Maybe more.

I actually don't know Ruins that well. I hoo and haw over a few of their albums but I haven't been a fan for that long, maybe a year or two, tops. All I know is that they put out some cool music.

I didn't even know it was nine tracks, hence why I just made things up about the album.
Last edited by severed-metal at Aug 9, 2013,
Penisaur
Praise the name of Stan
60 IQ
God, I need to start buying/collecting vinyl....
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
360 IQ
Definitely picking up that first one.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
30 IQ
I finally got around to listening to this album. This is really something, and definitely an instant purchase from me.
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
250 IQ
So Blood Vaults has made its way onto the interwebs for those that are ok with "trying before buying" if you will.

Holy shit it's great. Standout tracks... Well the whole thing, but Malefica, Ornaments on Malice, and A Failed Exorcism are monumental. Ordeal and Monument too.

The flow of the album entire album is just perfect.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
30 IQ
Quote by Burning_Angel
So Blood Vaults has made its way onto the interwebs for those that are ok with "trying before buying" if you will.

Holy shit it's great. Standout tracks... Well the whole thing, but Malefica, Ornaments on Malice, and A Failed Exorcism are monumental. Ordeal and Monument too.

The flow of the album entire album is just perfect.

>_> Could you point me in the direction of it?
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
250 IQ
bunalti. The site has a search function.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
30 IQ
Thanks, Burning_Buddy. I just finished through Foulest Semen to prepare myself for this album. I will report back when I am finished.

EDIT: Listening through it now...Malefica is true sonic beauty.
Last edited by Morphogenesis26 at Sep 2, 2013,
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
250 IQ
It gets better...
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
severed-metal
mooderator
540 IQ
Quote by Conservationist
This album is overpraised.

You wouldn't "get it." You just aren't a smart person.
darkstar2466
Fly, you fools
10 IQ
Quote by Conservationist
This album is overpraised. It's disorganized and he puts too much emphasis on dramatic transitions as a result.

I didn't think I would say I would find a RoB album boring at times, but Blood Vaults doesn't quite cut it compared to the trio before. It feels like he recycled some stuff from previous releases and overdramatized the effects and transitions.

That being said, Malefica is amazing. <3
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis
250 IQ
Honestly here...

The weird thing about Ruins is he's never put out an album that's perfect or anything for me, even Unlock the Shrine as great as it is at times [and it really, really is mostly, cause of Between Bronze Walls, The Clockhand's Groaning Circles, The Mine, and Summer Decapitation Ritual]. When he gets it really right it's often pretty amazing results.

But I mean, I dont ever even listen to Rain [nor do I want to - one of the best examples of intentionally poor production going horribly, horribly wrong - I mean goddamn it's terribly produced], and Foulest... Eh, even though I love Kain's Countenance Fell and I Raised this Stone the other tracks more or less run together if I'm not in the mood, except parts of Blood Vaults and the last song. And that's why this album is my favorite aside from Unlock the Shrine. It's not perfect but I can at least differentiate between all the songs and find reasons to listen to all of them. And as with Foulest, there's a few real knockout tracks there like Malefica and A Failed Exorcism, and perhaps Ornaments on Malice/Ordeal.

Nagelfar is and probably always will be better overall though, honestly.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Sep 4, 2013,
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
360 IQ
Quote by Burning_Angel

Nagelfar is and probably always will be better overall though, honestly.

booWEEEEooorrr..... WOOP

Bum bum baba bum bum baba bum bum baba bum bum

Sonnenfinsternis ....

Sonnenfinsternis ....

RIFF
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
matt85210
UG's Sexy Party Host
180 IQ
This is very good. Took a while to get going but once it did I liked it. Reminded me a bit of Moonsorrow at times.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Fastiticalon
Banned
30 IQ
Any American distros carrying Blood Vaults or Foulest Semen lp?
Last edited by Fastiticalon at Sep 15, 2013,
severed-metal
mooderator
540 IQ
20 Buck Spin are supposedly getting Blood Vaults but who knows where that ended up, and Foulest Semen I have no idea. e-mail one of the boys at Hells-headbangers since I knew they had the re-issues, so maybe they'll have one or two extra or if they might be getting more.

or just buy from Van Records. A bit pricey though on that note.
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
360 IQ
Quote by severed-metal
or just buy from Van Records. A bit pricey though on that note.

That's because it is fucking gorgeous and wonderfully made.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
severed-metal
mooderator
540 IQ
Buy now or risk the mega jump into the hundreds, Fastiticalon. I've seen it at least one hundred times.

But yes, it does look pretty. People can always opt out for the digisleeve cd, substantially less. Compact, smooth, alluring. Everything you want in a disc and more.
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
360 IQ
Van Records treats their guys right. Wonderful layout on both the digisleeve and the vinyl. Absolutely no complaints to be found.

Good coloring. That's ebony. And the lettering is something called Castle Type. Look at that subtle off-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh, my God. It even has a watermark.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Page 2 of 2