Page 12 of 12
Quote by 13Trivium13
My boss-me 25 doesnt want to turn on. Had it 4 months. Can I return this or send it in for repairs?

Depends where you live but generally speaking the place that you bought it from is responsible. In the UK, under the Sale of Goods Act the store would have to replace it.

You should definitely be there covered under the warranty in any case.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by NakedInTheRain
as an aside, the vibrato switch on a chorus just kills the dry signal. common mod.

i don't completely know what you mean. what is the common mod?

do you have any other possibilities in mind?

tim- i really like the foxtrot aquavibe, i can't seem to find a decently recorded sound clip of it being more of a chorus and not a vibe. i will keep looking around.

thanks and
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
in order to turn a chorus into a vibrato effect, the dry signal is silenced. that way, you only hear the pitch-bent signal of the chorus. without the dry signal layered on the pitch-bent signal, you hear a vibrato effect, as opposed to a chorus effect.

the mod is to install a switch which kills the dry signal.
I have a Vox Satch Big Bad Wah. It's the first pedal on my signal chain. Whenever it's engaged it sucks tone. I noticed it on my last wah too.

It will have tone, bass, and when engaged it becomes trebely and tinny.

Is that normal? I've heard it happen to other people on stage, nice tone, whack the wah on and it's suddenly gone.

Any ideas?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil
I have a Vox Satch Big Bad Wah. It's the first pedal on my signal chain. Whenever it's engaged it sucks tone. I noticed it on my last wah too.

It will have tone, bass, and when engaged it becomes trebely and tinny.

Is that normal? I've heard it happen to other people on stage, nice tone, whack the wah on and it's suddenly gone.

Any ideas?

Thats kinda what you get with most Wah's, hence why people dont leave them on all the time!

If its really bad that the tone when you are using it sucks it might be worth getting someone to mod the wah to give it more of the tone you want in it.
That's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure hehe.

Thanks!
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Hi, I need a bit of help on this matter due to me being a noob when it comes to pedals as it's my first time investing in pedals.
Basically I'm a bit confused with the whole 'setting it up' and 'what do I need for the pedals to work', etc.

The three pedals I have in mind are a Vox Wah, Digitech Digi Delay and a Boss RC-3. I'm also considering getting a Boss BCB-60 which comes with the built in power supply and patch cables as you may already know.
Where I get a bit confused is in terms of connecting the pedalboard to the amp and where the power comes from to power the pedals, etc.

I can to a certain extent follow to actual connecting of things but I what to know is there anything else I need or need to do?
Would I be right in thinking that once you have the amp plugged in to the wall socket with the pedalboard and pedals then connected up to the amp and guitar that that's it powered up?

I hope I made sense with this lol.

The amp I have by the way if it's of any help is a Peavey Envoy 110.

Any advice, recommendations, and most importantly, help, is obviously greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays by the way.
GARY MOORE
WILD FRONTIER
Well the pedal themselves require power also, be it from a power supply or batteries (if that's an option, but most of your mass produced stuff should take a battery).

If you're just getting into pedals, I'd just recommend something like a Visual Sound OneSpot combo pack. Comes with all the cables you need and you can power everything off of just one outlet spot (within reason obviously, but since you'll only be rocking 3 pedals to start, you'll be fine).

Once you start gathering a bigger collection and want to make a proper pedalboard, I'd upgrade to something with isolated outputs like the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+. Whatever you do, don't waste your money on the Dunlop DC Brick (I think Gator makes something similar as well). They're basically just the OneSpot adapters in an enclosure, and a huge waste of money.

Once you've got your power situation handled, it's just a matter of connecting your pedals together with your standard 1/4" patch cables. Keep in mind if you're running off batteries you'll want to disconnect the cables from the input of the pedal when you're not using them or you'll run the batteries down.

Now your pedalboard is all hooked up, so then it's just a matter of plugging a cable from your guitar into the input of the first pedal, and another cable from the output of the last pedal into your amp's input. Hope that helps. Let us know if you have more questions.

Edit: I'll just throw this in here too: Always know what kind of power your pedals require. If you supply the wrong type of power you could potentially damage the pedal.

For example, there's AC and DC, DC making up the majority of things. Other things to consider are whether the pedal is wired for center-positive or center-negative, and also how many volts the pedal requires (I'll just say for now that you don't want to exceed this required voltage amount, though some pedals will say you can run between two numbers and still be fine, just be sure to check)
Last edited by chip46 at Dec 24, 2012,
Can anyone vouch for Akai's Analog Custom Shop pedals (exluding the Head Rush)? There are some Boxing Day deals on these and I'm wondering if they're worth picking up.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
^ depends on how good the deals are, but unless they're "awesome" i'd probably pass. far as i'm aware they're just rebadged biyangs, there's nothing "custom shop" about them at all. In my experience, biyangs aren't terribly reliable.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Well, I ended up getting a phase shifter for $40, and the normal retail price was $99. It sounded alright from the demo video, but I haven't gotten a chance to try it out myself quite yet.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
yeah i mean for $40 it's probably hard to go wrong. I wouldn't pay $99, though. you can get joyo, mooer and the like for around $40 as well, and i'm not saying the reliability is necessarily amazing on them, but (IME) it's better than biyang.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I have a fuzz face, the Eric johnson one. It's not amazing with a Wah because it's germanium based and this is a common problem.

Foxrox make a wah retrofit part that I'm sure a lot of you are aware of. Here's the link

http://www.foxroxelectronics.com/FWR.html

This is meant to fix the problem and as I live in the UK I was wondering if anyone is aware of a UK counterpart that I could buy instead of getting one shipped in.

Thanks!
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Last edited by Mephaphil at Dec 28, 2012,
Bump
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Guys, help me with cables. I currently have 6 inch no name cheap cables, but I'm gigging consistently now and I don't want any stupid problems like cheap cables cutting out mid show.

What do you guys use? I'm looking for a super clean pedal board.. I need one longer cable (8-12 inch) to connect the two rows of my pedalboard... Places to order online? Custom cables?
My Gear:
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe
Epi Les Paul Special Plus
Seagull S6 Original
Pitchblack>Tubescreamer>Xotic AC Booster

My Band - A Waste Odyssey
Quote by Oldmonkeys
If you have the ability to solder then order some good cable in bulk and a whole bunch of jacks and make them yourself to the length you need.

This.

Or if you don't want to do that. George L's, Lava, etc. They all have pedalboard kits as well though so you don't have to worry about leads not being too long/too short.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
looking for a pedal to open up my amp a bit, its very bassy and fat sounding which is good for some tones obviously but I just want something to open it up when I need it, don't know if an eq pedal or boost would help or what? Thanks guys
Forever shouting 'IM THE DEVIL I CAN DO WHAT I WANT' at inappropriate times.

Hi everyone, I just bought myself a nice Orange TH30 Head and I have a question about the FX Loop.

On my prev amp (roland cube 15) I used to have the following setup:

Guitar - ZenOn Chromatina 328 - Fame Wahwah - Line6 UberMetal -FulltoneOCD - Boss DD7 - Boss RV 5 - AMP

Now i wonder, at what point should i place the amp/FX now??

Guitar - AMP - FXSend - [above pedals] - FXReturn
Guitar - [above pedals] - AMP
Guitar - ZenOn Chromatina 328 - Fame Wahwah - AMP - FXSend - Line6 UberMetal -FulltoneOCD - Boss DD7 - Boss RV 5 - FXReturn
Guitar - ZenOn Chromatina 328 - Fame Wahwah - Line6 UberMetal -FulltoneOCD - AMP - FXSend - Boss DD7 - Boss RV 5 - FXReturn
etc...

I do plan to use both the Dirty and Clean channel.
i know this is broad, but what is the general opinion on t-rex pedals? i am seeing lots of cheap ones, but haven't played them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
the ones i tried seemed pretty nice, but i'm not sure they're doing anything groundbreaking (with the drives, anyway) either.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Quote by chip46
Watched Django again. Still so very very good.

Nigga, I think you got da wrong thread.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
can anyone tell me what power supply a hardwire supernatural ambient verb uses? cant find it -_-
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Epiphone ES-339 PRO (Cherry)
Fender MII Lite Ash Telecaster (Natural)
Vox AC15C1
Jasmine Takamine S34C
Quote by ljp201
can anyone tell me what power supply a hardwire supernatural ambient verb uses? cant find it -_-

Standard -9vdc or Battery Operation
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by ljp201

According to PGS, it uses a standard pedal power supply or 9volt battery:
http://proguitarshop.com/hardwire-supernatural-reverb.html
Edit:
Which is where Tim copy/pasted from
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasnt proprietary to any particular PS
Epiphone ES-339 PRO (Cherry)
Fender MII Lite Ash Telecaster (Natural)
Vox AC15C1
Jasmine Takamine S34C
Went to my local GC yesterday with a $25 gift card. Thought I'd buy some strings or maybe a headstock tuner. They had two Line 6 Constrictor compressors on closeout for $20. Took it to the counter and it came up for $8.97! It was preferred customer day. Dude said if I bought the $4.99 pro coverage on it, he could give me a headstock tuner (D'Addario) half off, for ten bucks! So, I got a tuner and compressor for $25.72. I am very pleasantly suprised by the Constrictor. No, its not quite on par with a Wampler Ego, but still, for less than nine bucks it rocks.
Im after a bit of advice to expanding my pedal collection. After years as a teenager of playing everything cranked up to full as i approach my mid thirties and having had a bit of a hiatus from my beloved guitar due to work I'm looking to expand my tonal options available. From how i approach playing the guitar to how my pedal collection expands. Currently my pedal board consists of only 2 pedals.

TC electronics Dreamscape
TC electronics Flashback delay

Fingers crossed i will be getting a cry baby come christmas from the missus, god knows I've dropped enough hints, however I'm now stuck where to go with gain/boost/overdrive etc.

I play through a Blackstar HT5 and the overdrive channel does a good job of providing me a variety of settings from semi dist through to aggressive. However i don't want to have to go back and forth to the amp in order to up the drive if i need that bit extra. Im planning on having my modulation effect through effects loop but was wondering on what advice for boost/gain pedals anyone has. There is such a large choice out there and my local shop won't allow me to take pedals away to try on the board before purchase.

Also as i expand my board should i be considering comp/eq/vibrato/phaser etc and in what order? Any advice much appreciated.
Wah should come first in the chain, IMO. I'm in my 50s now, playing since I was a kid and have been through a bazillion dirt pedals. Some years ago I settled on a TS-808 because it gives an edge and bite without overwhelming your core tone. Then I went to the TS-Turbo, which was ok. I've always kept a Big Muff around because it was my first one back in the early 70s and I do like the over-the-top fuzz it provides. Last year I picked up OCD. The Muff and the TS are off my board.