pxoint
636 IQ
Hello all,

So a couple of weeks ago i decided it was finally time for a Semi-Hollow Guitar and after much research and Looking at all the pretty Gretsch Guitars i decided it was going to be a Duesenberg, and last Friday it finally arrived.

Have only now been able to play it though and here are my first impressions:

This is actually the first guitar i got that didn't came with a case or a gigbag wich is kinda weird considering the price class of this thing but it was in great shape and had no dings or any scratches. It had some sawdust-like stuff on the back though.

The neck is quiet beefy and id say its closest to my 62 Strat wich i do really like, so for all the beefy neck lovers this one is just right, its beefy but not too beefy. The action was a bit high out of the box but after a quick setup and re-stringing i was able to put the action ridiculously low. I mean, some of the guitars i palyed/own have low action but not this low it is really that ridiculously low (the action is pretty much the same from the 1st fret to the 22nd, maybe raised just a tiny tiny bit). And to top that one off it has zero buzz, it just plays great and chords pretty much form themselfs on this thing. This is probably achieved through their "PLEK" machine that they advertise, every guitar goes through that thing and the frets get leveled to perfection. Which might be the reason for my only complain with the guitar, the height of the frets. For my taste they are a bit too low, bending is a bit difficult because my fingers touch the wood while doing so, this has never happened with any other guitar i played. After a couple of hours though i got kinda used to it and it started to fade into the "i dont notice a difference" area of my brain. Going back to one of my other guitars feels like as if my fingers are on skyscrapers though

Now soundwise this thing is just beautiful on cleans, it sparkly and twangy and rivals my 62 strat when it comes to blues. The "Grand Vintage" humbucker in the bridge does a great job of achieving that "roomy"-distorted sound (dont know how to call it otherwise), it can pull off heavy distortion but it laks tightness compared to lets say... the Charvel but hey its not ment for that and i dont intend to use it for that.

The middle position has some special wiring (so it says in the manual) and i have to say it quickly became my favorite position on this guitar, its really twangy and lets the notes just jump right into your face, but enough talk lets have some pictures:

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Fender 62 Am. Vint. Strat
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
pxoint
636 IQ
here is some more:

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
SupahStrat
1,049 IQ
Holy cap that's gorgeous!

I envy you, man. I really do. She's beautiful! I had never heard of Duesenberg but as soon as I saw your guitar I headed to their website and fell in love with them. Maybe one day I'll get one like yours!

Enjoy her!
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
hminh87
Justin here!
4,672 IQ
Why do they cheap out a case for such guitar? It feels wrong.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

zenbone
King of two things...
1,397 IQ
awesome! i have Duesenberg Starplayer TV too and love the hell out of it! enjoy
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
i3oosted
224 IQ
jelly
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
afatguitarist
185 IQ
My head just exploded from how sexy that is I you find part of it I would freatly appreciate it.
Hngd
I'M FAT!!!!
pxoint
636 IQ
thanks everyone, it sure is a pretty beast! im actually cleaning/polishing it right now, maybe i should play it more.... but its so shiny! xD

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
TVeye
Not Worth It......
295 IQ
Are you still excited about this beauty? This is exactly the one I've been wanting and about to drop the hammer. Can you tell me the particular model number?
Any complaints after the break in period has passed?
Silver Hilton
Old enough
812 IQ
Holy necro-bump.
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II, Seymour Duncan Jazz and '59.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
ill always love gretsch. what a brilliant guitar!

slightly OT: was that a fireman i sniped in the reflection on the deuse? if so, may i ask how much you got it for and how you like it?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pxoint
636 IQ
Quote by TVeye
Are you still excited about this beauty? This is exactly the one I've been wanting and about to drop the hammer. Can you tell me the particular model number?
Any complaints after the break in period has passed?

Do you mean the Model itself? Its a basic Duesenberg Starplayer TV in Black: http://duesenberg.de/en/guitars/hollowbodies/starplayer-tv.html

And yes i still think its one of the greatest Guitars ive played so far The action alone makes this thing super sweet, i tried to get the action on some of my other guitars to be as low but it just cant be done without buzz. The Starplayer however... and its a super solid axe too, you feel the quality when you pick it up.

If youve been eyeballing this one then id say go ahead, you wount be disappointed. And look forward to a super super tasty middle position!

ps: if there is one thing i had to criticize its the height of the frets, i bend a lot and i love to bend and wiggle them strings around and this is the only guitar i have were my skin touches the fretboard. Now ive never played another Starplayer or another Duesenberg so i dont know if i had a Monday model or if this is normal. Depending on how you play though id say you might actually never notice the fret height (not trying sever your fingers with the strings like i do).

If you got any more questions or want to see it from a different angle just say it!

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
pxoint
636 IQ
Quote by Acϵ♠
slightly OT: was that a fireman i sniped in the reflection on the deuse? if so, may i ask how much you got it for and how you like it?

Well you certainly got a good eye for that, i had to look twice at all the pics trying to find it...

I bought it when it just came out last December, i actually got the first and only Model my local guitar store had at the time and payed around $1000 USD for it.

Its totally overpriced for a MIC guitar imo but none the less i was suprised at how much i liked it. What makes this guitar great are the pickups really, they sound like super fat strat pickups and at high gain they sound even better. The Fireman itself playes great and feels okay but you DO notice that it isnt the most... how should i put this "expensive" guitar. When you pick it up it feels like a big piece of plastic, at first your "nah" but then you play it and it just plays really good. It grows on you over time and the longer you have the more often youll pick it up (atleast in my case).

Would i buy it again? no. Why? because i would buy this instead:

i shoudnt... but it looks so tasty!

Kemper Profiler fed by:
Suhr Modern
PRS Modern Eagle Quatro
PRS Custom 22
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Parker DF622
Ibanez SV5470
Charvel San Dimas
PRS SE Custom SH
Ibanez FR-100
Yamaha RGX-A2
Squier Vint. Mod. Tele
passaro.davide
10 IQ
Hi, i'm going to buy a new guitar and i'm interested in a Starplayer TV. It sounds (and looks) very good, but i have a little concern. I've never played a hollowbody guitar before, i have a Fender Strat, and a Gibson SG standard. I know that some hollowbody guitars tend to have resonance problems with distortion, and, since i use distortion very often, i'd like to know something about that.
Does distortion give you have any problems?