futurejp
aerosmith junkie
289 IQ
There used to be one or two Aerosmith threads in the CR forum, but I'm not seeing them now.

If anyone here has any interest but hasn't yet heard, Aerosmith's new album Music From Another Dimension should drop in the US on August 28, 2012, with this tracklisting:

1. What Could Have Been Love
2. Beautiful
3. Street Jesus
4. Legendary Child
5. Oh Yeah
6. We All Fall Down
7. Another Last Goodbye
8. Out Go the Lights
9. Love Three Times a Day (Hello Goodbye)
10. Closer
11. Shakey Ground
12. Lover a Lot
13. Freedom Fighter
14. Up on the Mountain

The first single, Legendary Child, is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoDk7nIVuHc (obviously not the best quality at youtube, but decent enough). From what we know, this song was chosen as the lead single because it was to be tied into the G.I. Joe 2 movie. That movie has now been pushed back to a 2013 release date. Had they known earlier, it's possible a different song would've been chosen as the lead single. Who knows.

The song has mixed reviews, but what song wouldn't at this point? Nothing will please 40 years' worth of fans. I happen to like it a lot. Consider that the last lead original single from an original Aerosmith album was Jaded, and compare that to Legendary Child. I'm pleased.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,276 IQ
Quote by futurejp
There used to be one or two Aerosmith threads in the CR forum, but I'm not seeing them now.
Using the "Search Titles Only" function on the search page brings up a couple, but it's been nearly a year since the last post in the big one so I can keep this one open if you want.

Quote by futurejp
If anyone here has any interest but hasn't yet heard, Aerosmith's new album Music From Another Dimension should drop in the US on August 28, 2012
Amazing. After saying they would release a new album for years now I never thought they would actually get around to releasing one.

Quote by futurejp
The song has mixed reviews, but what song wouldn't at this point? Nothing will please 40 years' worth of fans. I happen to like it a lot. Consider that the last lead original single from an original Aerosmith album was Jaded, and compare that to Legendary Child. I'm pleased.
Not bad. Nothing groundbreaking, but I like it. Also, I freaking love the album cover.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
futurejp
aerosmith junkie
289 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage
Using the "Search Titles Only" function on the search page brings up a couple, but it's been nearly a year since the last post in the big one so I can keep this one open if you want.

Weird. Using that search, I see what you mean. It even shows a thread called 'Aerosmith' by bluefootdboobie in the Classic Rock forum. Yet when I go to the CR forum, it only shows me 2 pages of threads, and it's clearly not there. Dunno..? I'd hate to fluff up the forums though.

Quote by BrainDamage
Not bad. Nothing groundbreaking, but I like it. Also, I freaking love the album cover.

Yeah. I can dig the album cover, but I also kind of wish it was more band-centric. Just showing the guys, as the earlier albums did, as if to say 'look, this one's real, it's about us'. And I like the title, though I wouldn't mind it being called (as someone on another forum said) something like 'Storm The Village', or something in that vein. Something like 'we're coming, hold on to your asses!'.
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
Hey guys! I'm new here and I thought I'd bring this Aerosmith thread back up.
So last Tuesday I actually got to see Aerosmith in Cleveland. It was a freaking amazing show! They're my favorite band by a long shot, so I'm biased, but I was blown away. They did Legendary Child as well as another one off the new album called "Oh Yeah" which sounded pretty cool, a lot like 70's Aerosmith. If you have some extra cash, definitely go see them. You get your money's worth. It's hard to believe Aerosmith have been performing for 40 years now, and they still have the same energy they had when they were young(er).
Foxfan0318
65 IQ
Great new song! I love the album art as well. What bothered me was the amount of people on the Youtube link who posted about Aerosmith "selling out" or "losing their touch".
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
Quote by Foxfan0318
Great new song! I love the album art as well. What bothered me was the amount of people on the Youtube link who posted about Aerosmith "selling out" or "losing their touch".

Honestly, I think they sound better with age. Who are they selling out to? They've been doing this for 40 years, it's what they do best and all they've ever done. Maybe they're still successful because they're just that good.
hhhhdmt
522 IQ
i hope they go for a more raw sound in this album than their previous efforts. so far i like what i am hearing.
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
Quote by hhhhdmt
i hope they go for a more raw sound in this album than their previous efforts. so far i like what i am hearing.

That is exactly what they said it would be like, but what we get remains to be seen. First Joe Perry said it would sound a lot like "the old stuff" but recently Steven Tyler said it has a good "modern sound." Make of that what you will.
In all honesty, I prefer the 70's stuff the best, namely Toys In the Attic and Rocks, but Permanent Vacation and Pump were good too. They just lost that raw sound in the late 90's.
futurejp
aerosmith junkie
289 IQ
They've said both. Something like "we're playing the old stuff new, and the new stuff old." Modern rock recorded old style. They're playing 2 songs from the record live, people seem to be digging them. Here's their most recent setlist:

1 Draw The Line
2 Love In An Elevator
3 Oh Yeah
4 Livin' On The Edge
5 Cryin'
6 S.O.S. (Too Bad)
7 Last Child
Drum Solo
8 Back In The Saddle
9 Boogie Man
10 Combination
11 What It Takes
12 No More No More
13 Legendary Child
14 I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
15 Big Ten Inch Record
16 Sweet Emotion
17 Walk This Way
---Encore---
You See Me Crying (partial)
18 Dream On
19 Train Kept A Rollin'
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
Seeing this thread reminds me of how much I used to love this band years ago. I still occasionally enjoy their earlier work.

I heard the new song today, and it didn't really leave an impact. With this song you can finally hear Steven Tyler ageing, which made me kind of sad. And I wish they would stop referencing Walk This Way in their newer songs. It makes it sound a lot less genuine.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,276 IQ
Quote by Firehawk2410
That is exactly what they said it would be like, but what we get remains to be seen. First Joe Perry said it would sound a lot like "the old stuff"
So they're still using the old "the upcoming album's gonna sound like Rocks" routine? Classic.

That recent setlist is decent, but it still looks like more of the same from recent years.
Quote by Thefallofman
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
Quote by BrainDamage
So they're still using the old "the upcoming album's gonna sound like Rocks" routine? Classic.

That recent setlist is decent, but it still looks like more of the same from recent years.

I didn't expect anything too different when I saw them, but here's the setlist:

June 21, 2012 at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, OH

Draw the line
Love in an Elevator
Oh Yeah
Walkin' the Dog
Livin' on the Edge
Cryin'
Rag Doll
Last Child
S.O.S. (Too Bad)
Combination
What it Takes
Legendary Child
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
Mama Kin
Sweet Emotion
Walk this Way

(Encore)
Dream on
Train Kept A Rollin'

I wasn't really expecting Walking the Dog and SOS, but I'm glad they did them. Oh Yeah is the new one which sounds pretty cool. Coincidentally, it reminded me a lot like the "old stuff."
futurejp
aerosmith junkie
289 IQ
At last night's show they didn't play Cryin' OR I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, which is essentially unheard of.

1 Draw The Line
2 Love In An Elevator
3 Oh Yeah
4 Livin' On The Edge
5 Jaded
6 S.O.S. (Too Bad)
7 Last Child
Drum Solo
8 Lord Of The Thighs
9 Boogie Man
10 Combination
11 What It Takes
12 No More No More
13 Legendary Child
14 Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
15 Chip Away The Stone
16 Sweet Emotion
Mother Popcorn (partial)
17 Walk This Way
---Encore---
18 Dream On
19 Train Kept A Rollin'
butalo
10 IQ
They are going to have a new album... WOW this is great This web site is also great. It is great online mall - http://deportedirecto.es/. Another great web page is this one about free MLM business. I found it few weeks ago. Another great business site is this one . Another web page for business is this online shop with Magento - http://www.shopshark.it/. I found all this useful links in the search engine Napred.BG - http://napred.bg. You can try it too.
Last edited by butalo at May 2, 2013,
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
Quote by Eternalspring
is "amazing" hard to play? I'm intermediate/advanced with techniques.

I'm pretty terrible as a beginner, but even I can play the all the riffs on "Sweet Emotion", "Walk This Way", and "Back in the Saddle", so I'd safely say you could play "Amazing." I don't ever attempt solos just because honestly I can't play them, but the solo on "Amazing" sounds pretty hard compared to other Aerosmith songs. It's fairly long and the playing gets faster as it goes on. The rhythm section isn't really complex at all.
futurejp
aerosmith junkie
289 IQ
I was at last night's show in Philly. Awesome setlist!

http://aerosmithsetlists.com/setlist.php?d=201207210

1 Draw The Line
2 Love In An Elevator
3 Lick And A Promise
4 Livin' On The Edge
5 Cryin'
6 Oh Yeah
7 Last Child
Drum Solo
8 Rag Doll
Peter Gunn Theme (partial)
9 Boogie Man
10 Combination
11 What It Takes
12 Rattlesnake Shake
13 Legendary Child
14 No More No More
15 Sweet Emotion
16 Walk This Way
---Encore---
17 Dream On
18 Train Kept A Rollin'
19 Chip Away The Stone
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
@futurejp

Wow! That is a great setlist. I wish I could have been there. There are some little-known gems in that show.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,276 IQ
Quote by futurejp

3 Lick And A Promise
10 Combination
12 Rattlesnake Shake
14 No More No More
19 Chip Away The Stone
Nice.
Quote by Thefallofman
futurejp
aerosmith junkie
289 IQ
Two songs released to radio today. You'll like one, you won't the other. The good one is either called 'Love Her A Lot', 'Lover A Lot', or 'Lover Alot'. It's been listed three different ways. We'll see when the album comes out:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmith-lover-alot/
http://soundcloud.com/aerosmith/lover-alot

The other one, What Could Have Been Love, is a ballad, obviously aimed at Top 40 radio. Aerosmith's always had success with ballads, which eats us diehards up because it's not what they're about at their core.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmith-what-could-have-been-love/

Actually the audio for the ballad has been removed. I'll see if I can find it.
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
Quote by futurejp
Two songs released to radio today. You'll like one, you won't the other. The good one is either called 'Love Her A Lot', 'Lover A Lot', or 'Lover Alot'. It's been listed three different ways. We'll see when the album comes out:

The other one, What Could Have Been Love, is a ballad, obviously aimed at Top 40 radio. Aerosmith's always had success with ballads, which eats us diehards up because it's not what they're about at their core.

Yeah, "Love Her a Lot" has only come out for streaming; no downloads yet. I hope it does soon, because it's pretty decent compared to "Girls of Summer" and "Lay it Down" or almost everything off Just Push Play.
I expected "What Could Have Been Love" to be a ballad just from the name. I'm curious to hear it though. I'm kind of sick of all the ballads they released from the mid-80's to now. They need to put that attitude back into their songs like "Legendary Child" has.
Foxfan0318
65 IQ
I never understood why people reject Aerosmith ballads so often. Most albums have a ballad or two. Toys and Rocks had "You See Me Crying" and "Home Tonight", which have a similar feel to the ones from the 80s/90s albums. So why is it only the more recent ones that get the hate?
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
Quote by Foxfan0318
I never understood why people reject Aerosmith ballads so often. Most albums have a ballad or two. Toys and Rocks had "You See Me Crying" and "Home Tonight", which have a similar feel to the ones from the 80s/90s albums. So why is it only the more recent ones that get the hate?

Most albums have a ballad or two, that's right. But, the newer albums just seem to have a lot more, especially the last one. It seems every album is softer and more "sensitive" than the last, and they seem to go for a mainstream pop sound on a lot of tracks. The main problem is that most of the singles are ballads or pop songs. I mean, look at the last new singles they released before this year. In '98 "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" became their first number 1 single, and is still their most popular song on iTunes. It was written originally for Celine Dion. The other one from Armageddon was "What Kind of Love are You On" which almost no one knows of its existence, probably because it has a more rock vibe. There was "Pink" and "Hole in my Soul" on Nine Lives which were pop and ballad songs respectively, and "Falling in Love" was more rock but a certain four-letter word defeated a chance at mainstream popularity. On Just Push Play the most successful song was "Jaded," yet another ballad among a bunch of other ballads and pop songs on the album. Then there were "Girls of Summer" and "Lay it Down." I really don't need to explain those.
BrainDamage
Knirps for moisture
4,276 IQ
Quote by futurejp

Lover Alot didn't impress me and What Could Have Been Love sucks.
Quote by Thefallofman
futurejp
aerosmith junkie
289 IQ
More Aerosmith news today.

Songs officially released are Legendary Child, Lover A Lot, and What Could Have Been Love. Also, Joey played Street Jesus on the radio, so people grabbed it.

Today, Rolling Stone started a series where they premiere one song at a time from the new album (coming November 6 in the US). The first track is LUV XXX: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/aerosmiths-steven-tyler-and-tom-hamilton-on-luv-xxx-track-by-track-premiere-20121017

Because they're oh-so-smart, initially you could replace the song name in the audio url (when you click to listen to the song) to listen to other songs. So some people nabbed other songs, but they might be of variable quality. Rolling Stone will presumably go in order, but I doubt they will show the 5 bonus songs.
Firehawk2410
508 IQ
Well guys, the day is finally here! Music From Another Dimension is out, and I personally think it's the band's best effort since Get A Grip. I highly recommend it.

Here's the official final track listing:

1. Luv XXX
2. Oh Yeah
3. Beautiful
4. Tell Me
5. Out Go the Lights
6. Legendary Child
7. What Could Have Been Love
8. Street Jesus
9. Can't Stop Loving You
10. Lover Alot
11. We All Fall Down
12. Freedom Fighter
13. Closer
14. Something
15. Another Last Goodbye

(Both the standard and deluxe versions bought only from Walmart stores include:
16. Shakey Ground.)

The Deluxe Version includes a disc with three bonus tracks:

1. Up On the Mountain
2. Oasis In the Night
3. Sunny Side of Love

(The Deluxe Version also includes a DVD including four live performances and interviews with the band members, as well as a surprise collector's poster.)
Led Zep fan
770 IQ
Quote by dianneazuma54
What do you think about Aerosmith replacing Tyler?

Oh yeah I know, i heard on 60 minutes but I'm not sure if it will ever happen... right?
-Let the led out-