piszczel
778 IQ
Hi guys,
I've been thinking about insuring my guitar, just in case. Anyone here have any good/bad experiences with insurers and what would you reccommend? Btw I live in the UK.

Thanks
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
Check your standard home contents insurance (or get your parents to check it if you still live with them) - if it's the same as mine, individual musical instruments up to a value of £2000 each are covered as standard.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
piszczel
778 IQ
I'm pretty sure I don't have any, that's why I'm thinking about it. In any case I live at uni, not at home for most of the year.
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
Not sure how this would work at a university, but with any kind of rented property you're usually responsible for your own contents insurance, so you'd probably be wise to get some general insurance that would cover all belongings that you keep in your accommodation - imagine if the place burned down and you lost all your clothes....
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
I insured my Bass for a tour with Endsleigh, they seemed pretty solid. They do specific instrument insurance.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
piszczel
778 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
I insured my Bass for a tour with Endsleigh, they seemed pretty solid. They do specific instrument insurance.

Yeah I think that's what I'm gonna go for. Thanks
syzee
502 IQ
i insure all my gear (guitars, amps, pa etc) through Allianz music insurance ( http://www.allianzmusicalinsurance.co.uk/ )
i have about 5 grands worth of stuff insured for £100 pound per year, and that covers me for accident and theft whilst at home, at the venue and even during transit, in both the UK and Europe, so as a gigging musician that plays both in the uk and the continent, thats a steal of a deal! i've been with them for 3 years now and fortunately not had to claim, but it offers excellent peace of mind and altering the policy is very simple, just a phone call to add or take off gear.

Chapman ML2 x 2
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epi Les Paul Custom (EMG 81/85)
ESP Ltd EC-256 (SH4jb/SH2n)
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
AndruLuka
Banned
10 IQ
I have been interested in playing guitar. One year ago I take a guitar insurance from guitar insurance company. So it's very beneficial for me. If you wanna to buy guitar insurance then go to your nearest insurance company and get it.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ *reported*
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp