Page 17 of 17
Ippon
Nope. Not a one.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Ippon

good news for anyone in the usa, though
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
hahahaha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Sweet

That's a pretty nice colour combo... I usually prefer maple fretboards, but that sort of turquoise-ish colour is one of my favourites with rosewood
i still can't believe i passed on the 299 deal a month or so ago.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Question for the G&L crowd - I just picked up a USA ASAT Special (for about the price of a used Tribute, I'm guessing the guy didn't know what he had) in great condition except for the jack that seems to cut out a bit. I've read the G&L instructions on removing the jack, and if I'm reading it right, the jack isn't super easy to remove, and the nut seems to be on the inside of the cavity. The threads I've read seem to instruct tapping a reamer into the jack itself and twisting to get loose - this seems odd to me. I've already attempted to use pliers to twist a bit, all to no avail. I've ordered a standard jack with an oval baseplate and plan to install that for easier maintenance down the road - should I be manhandling the existing jack to get it out?
OffsetOffset
What year is yours? They've changed over time. Got a picture?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
JustRooster

It's a 2003 - I'll grab some pictures tomorrow as soon as I can. I strung it up with 11's and gigged it yesterday after picking it up, didn't have issues until a few songs in and ended up doing a double wrap with the cable to keep the jack from slipping.

Edit: here are a couple quick snaps

OffsetOffset
Last edited by SteveHOC at May 21, 2017,
Ah, the dreaded Barrel Jack. Is there not a control cavity directly on the back of the guitar? Usually those do, and it's sort of hand gymnastics to get a wrench in there proper to undo it. I'd highly recommend converting that to a regular plate jack. It's a cheap enough mod.

Here's a great site with step by step pdf's on what to do.
https://www.bassesbyleo.com/jack_replacement.html

The G&L community oddly has a lot of very specific support from it's users. Great company, good players.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
JustRooster

Yep, that was the site I had looked at. I've perused those pages to make sure before I mangled the jack, but it looks like I have no choice. It doesn't have the plate on back, which makes it that much more of a pain. Otherwise, it's a sweet guitar! I've already got the jack/plate ordered for the swap.
OffsetOffset
you might be able to pry it out with a coat hanger hook that is tweaked to fit in there better .... that's how the tech did it at the G&L dealer , might depend on how stuck it is but mine came right out , he did have the control plate off so he could see the back side of ot ... I've had a few changed over to plate
i ordered a telecaster from them that came chipped but i hated the neck so i sent it back for a refund.
I've heard nothing but good things about them so i'd be willing to try again in the future. 
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
the white asat classic tribute is $299 today.

the ash body natural finish is $349.

i went with the ash body.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

there's also a legacy tribute for $349.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.