Volcz
VCA '18
2,428 IQ
I'm looking for some blues-rock bands that are heavy, and tend to use fuzz for that thick sound.

The Black Key's song "I got mine" is an okay example, but I'm looking for probably even heavier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5FW8Xo8ENo

Something that just gets your heart pumping when playing live.

Thanks
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Buggboy
76 IQ
Epic tune!

I used to play this kind of music in my old band - we used to bang out a few White Stripes songs. The Sonics "Have Love will Travel" is also a classic choice, that whole album is awesome.

Legendary Shack Shakers also have a few awesome live tracks (but without the upright bass it may lose a bit!)

If you are looking for something a bit more "alternative" and less mainstream, I would go for "Love on the Rocks" by Burning Condors. We covered it a couple of times and that one always woke the crowd up - great band that never seemed to get the recognition they deserved.
seljer
UG Resident
1,381 IQ
Not really 'blues' but Clutch are definitely blues-inspired at the least
jopheza
153 IQ
Scott Henderson's fusiony blues is fairly excellent
M.V.
299 IQ
Not exactly heavy but I would take a look at Ten years after. Love like a man is an example. I especcialy like Cricklewood Green, Space In Time, Shhhhhh.
jaybals
guitarchitect
1,825 IQ
Maybe check Radio Moscow, thier first album was produced by Dan Aurbach of Black Keys, and sounds quite similar, but since then they've gone in more of a psychedelic rock direction.

Also, Gary Clark Jr, particularly his 2-piece band (foundry two-piece) stuff.

Reignwolf too, saw him on youtube a white back, sorta black keys fuzziness meets john lee hooker. Just a guy, a guitar and a kickdrum. Really cool sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJo5ieZeXcg

Also, check Gov't Mule if you haven't already! Not so much fuzz, but definately hard-blues-rock sound. Warren Haynes is a beast.
HoneyboyHart
755 IQ
AC/DC is really the best of the heavy Blues Rock bands in my book. But I grew out of that and now appreciate something a bit more subtle. But that's just me. Nothing wrong with the Black Keys or the heavier blues-based bands. But I bet money they will be playing something much more interesting in 10 years.
RobGLA
87 IQ
Quote by jopheza
Scott Henderson's fusiony blues is fairly excellent

This!

And if you can find them check out the albums by Michael Landau's 90's blues/rock band Burning Water.
Guitar Instructor For TrueFire - Classroom 'Guitar Babylon'
Author of 'Jazz For The Blues Guitarist'
website
gabipe15
171 IQ
Heavy Blues! Yeah! And why nobodys talking about SRV????
Are you living in a tupper?
helltothee
Idiot
55 IQ
Kyuss maybe

Quote by FryingNemo
I saw Satan one day
He looked kinda gay
The bible hates gays
So Satan I shall slay
Amen.
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
987 IQ
This is a good tune from the Rival Sons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ijOlAR3zs8
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website