Page 3 of 3
Erra93
erriuyai
1,682 IQ
Quote by RedDeath9
Writing.

EDIT: frankibo, your part was sick.

EDIT2: At least the first part was. The second part was sort of lame

EDIT3: Done. Frankibo, you and I need to collab one day.

Dude, that. Was awesome! I never manage to pull off such great jazzy:ish chord progressions, teach me?
oneblackened
Better Than You At Mixing
3,300 IQ
Can I get in on this?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (BKP C-Bomb/VHII)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
Quote by Erra93
Dude, that. Was awesome! I never manage to pull off such great jazzy:ish chord progressions, teach me?

wow man, thanks... I can give you some pointers if you really want them. First of all, listen to more jazz if you don't already secondly, don't feel constricted by any theory you might know. Trying to fit things into simple scales won't really work. Go by ear. Also, treat the sequence of notes within a chord progression as melodies within themselves. Also try repeating themes, but twisting tem a certain way, changing a few notes to make it more dissonant for example. I don't know. I hardly know what I do while I'm writing

Edit: yeah^ just add into the last accepted file.

EDIT2: And the first part of my section was actually pulled straight from CM's part. So you gotta give him some credit.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Oct 8, 2012,
Wquennasar
Melancholic
423 IQ
I love 209-227. Dat delay
All is ghost in memory and poison in the sun
Ometh
UG Addict
3,913 IQ
Quote by Wquennasar
I love 209-227. Dat delay

That was me, thanks
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Erra93
erriuyai
1,682 IQ
Quote by RedDeath9
wow man, thanks... I can give you some pointers if you really want them. First of all, listen to more jazz if you don't already secondly, don't feel constricted by any theory you might know. Trying to fit things into simple scales won't really work. Go by ear. Also, treat the sequence of notes within a chord progression as melodies within themselves. Also try repeating themes, but twisting tem a certain way, changing a few notes to make it more dissonant for example. I don't know. I hardly know what I do while I'm writing

Edit: yeah^ just add into the last accepted file.

EDIT2: And the first part of my section was actually pulled straight from CM's part. So you gotta give him some credit.

Totally missed the fact you had answered my question
Thanks a lot though, I'm going to give it a try right.. soon