Buggboy
76 IQ
Anyone else out there into Jake Bugg and heard Lightning Bolt?

sounds a bit like Bob Dylan but a bit rockier(ok, I know he has a loooong way to go before getting close to a legend like that!)

What do you guys think? Maybe this is the start of some good guitar music and good old fashioned quality songwriting getting back into the charts?!
cam sh
UG's bad seed...
13 IQ
I like him. Not just because me and him both are Nottingham boys, but he writes great songs as well. A one to watch...
YESTERDAY, I WOKE UP SUCKING A LEMON...
Buggboy
76 IQ
Lightning Bolt is a great tune. His albums just come about and I reckon he'll be massive this year. Anyone on the States hear of him?
wasamuel
81 IQ
he doesn't even write all his own songs. Country song is all his i think, but the other hits he had 'help' with. I don't remember Bob dylan giving song writing credits to anyone else.

he is as polished as the x-factor designed to appeal to a cool indie subculture (which is really mainstream). you don't get to number 1 without some serious backing.
AKnownHardman
99 IQ
Quote by wasamuel
he doesn't even write all his own songs. Country song is all his i think, but the other hits he had 'help' with. I don't remember Bob dylan giving song writing credits to anyone else.

he is as polished as the x-factor designed to appeal to a cool indie subculture (which is really mainstream). you don't get to number 1 without some serious backing.

+1

People talk of him as though he is the antithesis to 'all that x-factor and mainstream crap' when in reality, he is no different. Another pawn with songwriters and a savvy marketing team behind him.

In terms of his music it's meh, been done before too many times and put simply, derivative IMO.

But of course music is subjective so if you like him I have no problem with that