So I am looking for good 7 string guitars with a floyd rose or kahler tremolo
Anything under 600$ is perfect
Used and New it doesnt matter
For metal of course
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 25, 2012,
You surely want to consider scale length.

Post above me suggesting DBZ, I have a 6 string of those, they're not bad guitars, but the "v" shaped neck is not for everyone and I'm not sure how it will feel different on a 7

Shecter are your go to for bang for buck of course. And they just look nice. And the longer scale might apeal to u
METAL!
Fwiw, there are a couple of other 7s in DBZ's product line.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 25, 2012,
Get a used Ibanez RG7620.
Shouldn't be too hard to find one with aftermarket Dimarzios for $600.

Oh snap, there's a few on the bay right nao.
Last edited by k3v1n shr3dz at Oct 25, 2012,
Quote by k3v1n shr3dz
Get a used Ibanez RG7620.
Shouldn't be too hard to find one with aftermarket Dimarzios for $600.

Oh snap, there's a few on the bay right nao.

^This or a RG7420, they're both great guitars. Look into some of the S series 7 strings as well.
Quote by OldEscape
^This or a RG7420, they're both great guitars. Look into some of the S series 7 strings as well.

7620>7420

Yea, get the RG7620
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
RG7620 or agile interceptor 727.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Besides the Ibanezes already mentioned (which are great guitars), look into a used LTD H-1007FR.

Basically you want to stay very far away from bad trems. No idea about the trems on those DBZs, but I know the Ibanez trems are great, as are the FR1000s on the LTD Deluxes.

I would stay away from Agile, I'm pretty sure they just use FR Specials. Not great trems, I owned a guitar with one for a few years.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
PRS has an SE Custom 24 7 string coming out soon, might be worth checking out.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Offworld92
the Ibanez trems are great

Not ALL OF THEM
The LoTRS-II is universally reviled. STAY AWAY FROM IT.

The LoTRS on the RG7420 and S7420 (22fret models) is okay, on par with a decent licensed floyd. With proper setup and maintenance, it should serve pretty well. Non-locking trem studs, however are failular in the extreme.

The Edge Zero is supposed to be very good, aside from the puny block. It is also incompatible with the Tremol-No systems. Fail.

The EdgePro is also very good, after the locking stud mod. It can be found on UVs 2003-2009, the prestige RG1527 (until 2010), and MOST of the J-Custom line. The only thing holding it back is the non-locking studs found standard on the LoPro Edge. Non-locking trem studs, once again, are failular in the extreme. Swap them out and you will have a great trem.

Of course, the most beloved of all Ibanez trems, and maybe the king of all knife-edge trems is the
LoPro Edge, found on the 540S7, RG7620, RG1077XL, UVs from 1991-2002, and again from 2010, and a few other "exotic" models. Always high-end stuff. Many features of this trem are upgrades even from an OFR (removable knife-edges, locking studs, pop-in bar, more massive baseplate...)

The newer S series 7s have the ZR, with which I have no experience. The older ZR had a trem arm holder that would disintegrate, but the newer versions have fixed this problem.

Quote by OldEscape
(7620>7420) You're talking stock, though.

I'd say you're pretty close on this.
The RG7420 uses the RG7620 neck. Despite what others may say, they ARE the same. Regardless of the stripe on the back.
Not counting pickups, which everyone changes on an Ibanez anyway, the only real difference is the trem. It is, however a very BIG difference!
Last edited by k3v1n shr3dz at Jan 21, 2013,