Page 2 of 2
chronowarp
43 IQ
Quote by AeolianWolf
because we're having a discussion. i'm sorry, i wasn't aware that age makes certain topics taboo. when you get your panties out of a knot and have something relevant to add to the discussion without being a total douche-nozzle, you can come on back (but fix your wedgie first!).

at least when i make comments like this, i add to the discussion or present information that's of some use...

Taboo...no, it's just when you a reach certain point in life you should stop fixating on imaginary concepts that fill the minds of 11 year old kids who play "guitar".
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
Quote by 91RG350
Sorry... I must have misunderstood... I thought that musicians who "write pop tunes" were "one trick ponies"

mike patton's hardly a one-trick pony and peeping tom was absolutely pop

it's about the mindset going into it, not necessarily the result.
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante
186 IQ
Quote by chronowarp
Taboo...no, it's just when you a reach certain point in life you should stop fixating on imaginary concepts that fill the minds of 11 year old kids who play "guitar".

who said anything about fixation? i focus on more important things. but why does that mean i'm not permitted to discuss a less important subject should it arise?

Quote by 91RG350
Sorry... I must have misunderstood... I thought that musicians who "write pop tunes" were "one trick ponies"

not at all -- hell, i write pop tunes. some pop tunes are great. but people who only write pop tunes and can only write pop tunes...well, that's only one trick, now, isn't it?
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Last edited by AeolianWolf at Nov 1, 2012,
91RG350
At least Microsoft cared
281 IQ
Quote by AeolianWolf
...not at all -- hell, i write pop tunes. some pop tunes are great. but people who only write pop tunes and can only write pop tunes...well, that's only one trick, now, isn't it?

...nonetheless... in the eyes of the world..... you would be "someone who writes pop songs"....

Nothing but a one trick pony mate. A fricken one trick pony
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
mrkeka
Lost in Translation
195 IQ
Quote by 91RG350
...nonetheless... in the eyes of the world..... you would be "someone who writes pop songs"....

Nothing but a one trick pony mate. A fricken one trick pony

Nice reductio ad absurdum there, bro!
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.