What is it in a song that makes you get pumped? Muse do it for me, and most rap artists. How can you make rock music get you pumped?
You can't make it get you pumped, it either does or it doesn't.

Rock music works for me, whereas I don't really consider rap to be classified as music. Each to his (or her) own.

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Speed, tension, musical narrative, the type of melody used, mood, production as well for some reason, the balance between dynamic range, the atmosphere around you as you listen to it.

If a peice does enough of that right when I want to feel er 'pumped', then, yeah.

Rap just sort of happens, there's nothing I'd ever consider 'energetic' about rap. Its just some black guy talking over a compressed drum sample borrowed from somewhere. Only Muse song that got me interested was Knights of Cydonia, cuz its a proper theatrical rock song, not some flim flam dubstep BS.

This shit gets me pumped all the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpN9nkDw5Mw
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
+1 for Obscura getting you pumped.

and OT, I think there is no genre that's my 'get pumped' genre, it depends on the record, song and the context in which I'm listening.
Gibson SG (JN & JB)
Squier Strat

Ibanez TS9
Boss Volume Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss DS-1

Fender Blues Junior
Crate 15w