So the title says pretty much it all. I wanna start recording video covers for youtube and have no camera. Suggestions please? I wanna keep it as low cost as possible please, I don't need anything huge, just so long as it doesn't blur terribly is all that I want. Microphone not needed either.
So, the cheapest camera that doesn't blur is what I want.
Thanks
Have you tried your phone? My phone's camera and microphone for that matter are better than my laptops webcam and mic. I'm pretty happy with the youtube vids I have right now, except those were recorded with my ipod touch, which is worse than my phone...Try your phone lol
Wilkommen in der wirklichkeit

Gear:
Esp Ltd RZK 600
ESP RZK-I VINTAGE CREME
ESP RZK-II
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier SOLO head
Bunch of distortions, and overdrives
And a couple WAHs
You need a proper camera, things like Webcam are for streaming data and thus the bitrate is low, even so called HD Webcams have the same problem. You won't be able to capture subtle movement on such things. Phone cameras CAN work if the camera isn't awful.

Just as a protip, most of the people who get good sound on cover videos aren't using the camera mic, just encase you thought they did.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Oct 30, 2012,
If you are over-dubbing the video with a pre-recorded track you will still have to use video-editing software to line up the video with the audio to synchronize.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You need a proper camera, things like Webcam are for streaming data and thus the bitrate is low, even so called HD Webcams have the same problem. You won't be able to capture subtle movement on such things. Phone cameras CAN work if the camera isn't awful.

Just as a protip, most of the people who get good sound on cover videos aren't using the camera mic, just encase you thought they did.

I figured they weren't using the mic, but I'm just saying the very beginning videos I've done I used my phone and they weren't terrible. My computer on the other hand WAS terrible. I'm just saying to get your feet wet just look at your phone before slapping down a couple hundred bucks. But my phone has a 5mp camera so don't do it if you have a really old phone.
Wilkommen in der wirklichkeit

Gear:
Esp Ltd RZK 600
ESP RZK-I VINTAGE CREME
ESP RZK-II
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier SOLO head
Bunch of distortions, and overdrives
And a couple WAHs