Page 10 of 10
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Yep! Trust me it's still very much Star Wars.

Maybe I didn't describe it well, but we've been talking back and forth about how it can still stay Star Wars like while being something new and not just rehashed. Have faith! Maybe Element can describe what we have better, but it's hard to explain without giving details which I'm refraining from doing haha.

Oh yeah ours has a big opening too of course, don't worry! I mean the story with the characters and whatnot and how they're all connected.
No I think you've got it pretty down. It's shaping up to take parts of the old trilogy, but making it something new and different.

It will probably be the best movie ever made.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
omigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigod
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Not part of the new trilogy.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I know. But still, STAR WARS!

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
It's kind of like I don't know if the world needs another Seven Samurai adaptation. But it could still be cool.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I predict snyder will give it too much of the Snyder treatment. 300 and watchmen may have been incredibly cool, but they're nothing like the original trilogy stylistically, and I'm not sure that Snyder could pull off any other style of movie.

That said, I very much enjoy Snyder's work, and even though its probably not the best direction for Star Wars to take, I think that this individual endeavor by Snyder will be fairly good on its own.
The thing that we gotta remember is that IV is pretty heavily influenced by the Hidden Fortress, so Stars Wars + Kurosawa = pretty good results.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

As I said in the film thread, I don't want Abrams to go down in history as the director that ****ed up Star Wars.
Directing both Star Wars and Star Trek? Damn.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I just wish they'd do the Thrawn Saga as episodes 7-9 but... everyone's too old..
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by whywefight
As I said in the film thread, I don't want Abrams to go down in history as the director that ****ed up Star Wars.

George Lucas isn't already that guy?
Quote by Samdroid
George Lucas isn't already that guy?

He is, but in many people's opinion, he ended the prequels on a high note (relative to the first two), so if Abrams ****s it up too bad, everyone will hate him for it.

I don't want Abrams to Shymalan it.
#realtalk I would love Shymalan to direct it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
#realtalk I would love Shymalan to direct it.

Either be being sarcastic or get off the internet.

Improper use of hash tags? Strike one.
Implying M. Night Shyamalan should keep making movies? Strike two.
#furrealtho learn about movies before talking

I bet you thought Inception was deep and thought provoking.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by StewieSwan
Hopefully he won't **** it up as bad as he did Star Trek.

I don't like Star Trek but that was a great movie.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
I don't like Star Trek but that was a great movie.

Maybe if you're an asshole, retard teenager who doesn't know shit about fuck.
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
Maybe if you're an asshole, retard teenager who doesn't know shit about fuck.

It was easily the best Star Trek of them all. No shitty acting from Shatner, and no campy bullshit like Next Generation.

Zachary Quinto was born to be Spock.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
It was easily the best Star Trek of them all. No shitty acting from Shatner, and no campy bullshit like Next Generation.

Trooooolling
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Colgate Total

This Spock had too many emotions. Although that was not Zachery's fault ofcourse.
I do agree with the shitty acting of the original series though.

Don't know what "campy" means.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by whywefight
I predict snyder will give it too much of the Snyder treatment. 300 and watchmen may have been incredibly cool, but they're nothing like the original trilogy stylistically, and I'm not sure that Snyder could pull off any other style of movie.

That said, I very much enjoy Snyder's work, and even though its probably not the best direction for Star Wars to take, I think that this individual endeavor by Snyder will be fairly good on its own.

Yeah his style is wildly different from the original trilogy, but what's wrong with that. Isn't that why everyone fell in love with Star Wars all those years ago? Wildly different?
Quote by element4433
The thing that we gotta remember is that IV is pretty heavily influenced by the Hidden Fortress, so Stars Wars + Kurosawa = pretty good results.

And stylistically the original trilogy 'borrowed' many things from Kurosawa in general. And I love me some Kurosawa, I just think different directions are cool. If it fails, it fails.
Quote by Colgate Total

I don't know what hellhole of a universe you're from--perhaps the one where no one's allowed to enjoy anything without a sense of ironic detachment, or perhaps one where where one cannot simultaneously be fun, smart, and sincere--but in the one I live in, Shatner is a good actor and the original series is at times masterful.

edit: Gah! That was mean. I don't want to be mean or hateful. But seriously the original series is great and I genuinely have no idea why people think the acting is bad.
Last edited by cornmancer at Jan 24, 2013,