Page 4 of 4
Quote by Todd Hart
technicolour's argument: They aren't as good as Bach, therefore they're untalented.

Technicolour logic:

Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Nov 2, 2012,
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Technicolour logic:

Surely writing a piece of music in two hours proves you're more talented than if you took two weeks to do it?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart

Surely writing a piece of music in two hours proves you're more talented than if you took two weeks to do it?

A piece written with more time behind it is more likely to have more thought put in.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
A piece written with more time behind it is more likely to have more thought put in.

Then why does everyone laud over Jazz musicians again?

I thought it was because they could play the wrong notes at the right time off the top of their head?

All these music snobs confuse me man.
Quote by Morphogenesis26

Talent has nothing to do with the levels of thought put into something, however, it is merely natural aptitude, and someone who is naturally talented at music will be able to produce of quality faster.
I think we're working under different definitions of talent. If you're saying it's someone's natural aptitude for something than theoretically someone more talented could write a better piece in a shorter amount of time.

I guess I was using it more in the sense of someone's experience and know-how. Shoulda made that clear from the get go. Not that the band has either kind of talent.

Also, how high does the butt hurt level have to be to shop someone's profile picture?

Quote by Todd Hart
technicolour's argument: They aren't as good as Bach, therefore they're untalented.

By that logic pretty much everyone is completely untalented.

Don't be a pretentious **** - trolling isn't amusing, or even mildly interesting. As far as I can tell all the people who've been defending Suicide Silence haven't even been fans of the band (I'm not, Bladesinger isn't and I don't know about WillT08). The point is simply that anti-fanboyism is just a pathetic as the fanboyism your trying to claim you're doing. If you think the band suck then fine, leave and think they suck somewhere else - don't wander into a thread about the lead singer dying and rail about they're awful. Unless you're also going to visit the funeral and do much the same outside the gates then all your doing is being petty and pathetic, and cowardly. So kindly leave?

*less talented

I don't think I'm trolling? Doesn't trolling imply some kind of joking or sarcasm?

Most of my posts have been arguing that he/the band isn't talented, or exception within their genre (aside from the first couple poking-fun-at-posts).

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Guys...
Just... Let me point it out there.
Every time there is a thread like this, or one of any sort of controversy, including one where a UG member's relative was murdered, technicolour has been causing fights.
Just... His avatar is an insect for a reason. If you don't move or react, it will go away, but if you seem to be bothered by it, it will attack.
If his intentions weren't clear enough by now, I hope I've made them so.

I think you're confusing arthropods with T-rexs...

But seriously, I don't continue to post because I love the reactions I get. Most responses to my posting have been arguments in turn offered against mine, so I proceed to rebuttle, and back and forth etc. Isn't that how arguing works?
Last edited by technicolour at Nov 2, 2012,
Quote by technicolour
Most responses to my posting have been arguments in turn offered against mine, so I proceed to rebuttle, and back and forth etc. Isn't that how arguing works?

I don't mean to pick sides, but uhh... Isn't this kind of true?

Anyway, best wishes to the family and friends of Mitch Lucker. To be honest, I talked a lot of shit about that band, and bands like it, but a death is a completely different thing, and totally unrelated to music, so my opinions for his band are irrelevant at the moment. I guess that's why it's so stupid when people become fans of a band just because of a profound event like a member dying. It has nothing to do with their music, and should be left at that, and it's extremely disrespectful.
Quote by Todd Hart
Talent has nothing to do with the levels of thought put into something, however, it is merely natural aptitude, and someone who is naturally talented at music will be able to produce of quality faster.

Are you talking naturally as in without much work? I was talking from the point that technicolor is.

I also don't see many people who are "naturally" talented. That is, not in my sense of it.

@Will: We're talking composition, not improvisation.
Was he the tattooy tight pants screamy guy or one of the guitarists or something? I'm not reading blabbermouth.

RIP regardless
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by technicolour
I think we're working under different definitions of talent. If you're saying it's someone's natural aptitude for something than theoretically someone more talented could write a better piece in a shorter amount of time.

I guess I was using it more in the sense of someone's experience and know-how. Shoulda made that clear from the get go. Not that the band has either kind of talent.

Also, how high does the butt hurt level have to be to shop someone's profile picture?

How high does the butt hurt level have to be to start shitty debates on a thread about someone's death?
Quote by Cb4rabid
You guys will argue about literally anything.

What is anything? Is it virtually all things, or all tangible things?

Can we argue only about things that exist, or things that don't either?

Say, Cb4rabid, why don't we argue about firpaloters? Why not? Don't you know what that is? Even I do. So, are you for or against firpaloters?

See, you can't argue about literally anything you nincomfuck.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
What is anything? Is it virtually all things, or all tangible things?

Can we argue only about things that exist, or things that don't either?

Say, Cb4rabid, why don't we argue about firpaloters? Why not? Don't you know what that is? Even I do. So, are you for or against firpaloters?

See, you can't argue about literally anything you nincomfuck.

What about nothing? Is nothing something, anything, or a third option?

I don't believe you can answer this question, you sub human. You're like all the other white privileged, mysogynistic men in this world! You should admit you're a problem and feel bad because that's all you can do!
Quote by Portuguese_boy
How high does the butt hurt level have to be to start shitty debates on a thread about someone's death?

much lower than yours I can assure you.
Quote by technicolour
much lower than yours I can assure you.

How do you know? Can you also measure levels of butthurt the same way you can somehow measure talent?
Quote by Todd Hart

No? It takes time to make good pieces of music. Bach, Mozart, etc. were geniuses in their time. Mozart composed at a very young age, Bach made so many great pieces of music (like the St Matthew's Passion), but it doesn't mean that if you don't copy them, you're untalented. Music's changed, instruments have changed, you have to adapt. What you are talking about is just dumb. No offence, but it's true. Try composing a masterpiece which is popular throughout the world in 2 hours, without changing/altering it afterwards. It's difficult. Take your time and work these things out. There are exceptions. Axewound apparently did their album in 10 days. Some people can compose masterpieces in a couple of hours (I think Finzi is an example, not sure), but what you say does not apply to everyone.

How did we talk about this? R.I.P. Mitch and my condolences to his wife and, especially, his daughter. I hope she does fine without her father
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth
Last edited by MetalRock4ever at Nov 3, 2012,
Wow. The butt hurt was strong in this one...

Entertaining read though.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by MetalRock4ever
No? It takes time to make good pieces of music. Bach, Mozart, etc. were geniuses in their time. Mozart composed at a very young age, Bach made so many great pieces of music (like the St Matthew's Passion), but it doesn't mean that if you don't copy them, you're untalented. Music's changed, instruments have changed, you have to adapt. What you are talking about is just dumb. No offence, but it's true. Try composing a masterpiece which is popular throughout the world in 2 hours, without changing/altering it afterwards. It's difficult. Take your time and work these things out. There are exceptions. Axewound apparently did their album in 10 days. Some people can compose masterpieces in a couple of hours (I think Finzi is an example, not sure), but what you say does not apply to everyone.

What are you talking about? Talent is simply having a natural aptitude for something, and if you're talented then you will be able to produce something of equal quality to someone else in a shorter space of time. It's that simple.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
Wow. The butt hurt was strong in this one...

Entertaining read though.

Person A: *dickish stuff*
Person B: You're a dick.
Person A: lol u so butthurt! lololololol

Last edited by Todd Hart at Nov 3, 2012,
Jesus christ, this is still going?
The band is bad, their music is bad, hell most of the genre is just awful.
That doesn't mean he deserved to die. He left a wife and a child behind, and many people who enjoyed their music.
RIP, the end, let's move on.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Nov 3, 2012,
Quote by Todd Hart

Person A: *dickish stuff*
Person B: You're a dick.
Person A: lol u so butthurt! lololololol

yeah, pretty much.

still, for those fighting about it, fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
yeah, pretty much.

still, for those fighting about it, fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

What's the difference between an argument on the internet and an argument in real life?
Quote by Morphogenesis26
What's the difference between an argument on the internet and an argument in real life?

The fact that everyone on the internet seems to have an overly inflated ego and seem to feel self empowered. That's about it.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
yeah, pretty much.

The only difference between an argument in real life and one on the internet is that if you look a fool on the internet then it's recorded for all to see. I quite like the stakes, frankly.
Quote by kurt_cobain9
The fact that everyone on the internet seems to have an overly inflated ego and seem to feel self empowered. That's about it.

The people that are as passionate about a subject with a lot of facts to support their position are usually just as vehement in real life as they are on the internet.
RIP Dime
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Let this thread die ffs.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
The people that are as passionate about a subject with a lot of facts to support their position are usually just as vehement in real life as they are on the internet.

I guess.