(for lack of a better word)...?

There are loads of better words.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
sakura'sdarkest
422 IQ
I kinda miss the old days. There were epic nights then, nights worthy of song and glory
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
Quote by sakura'sdarkest
I kinda miss the old days. There were epic nights then, nights worthy of song and glory

did thay have a 'UG rose tinted' theme as well as the 'UG black' and 'UG classic' back then?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Liberation
Carly Rae Jepsen
602 IQ
A lot of oldschool UG'ers (READ: Up to 2006, nobody from later than that) have given up guitar. Guitar also isn't as popular as it was when we were all growing up.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
metal4eva_22
PonyFan #376121
890 IQ
Quote by Liberation
A lot of oldschool UG'ers (READ: Up to 2006, nobody from later than that) have given up guitar. Guitar also isn't as popular as it was when we were all growing up.

I've moved on to piano. I still like to occasionally play the ol' geetar, but nowhere near as much as I used to.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Sir-Shredalot
Banned
3,918 IQ
Quote by sakura'sdarkest

UG is in its twilight years.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,405 IQ
Quote by Metallicaxp
That and I'm a /b/tard for life.

ugh

EDIT: Didn't realize it was an old thread. Thanks, buddy^
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Mar 26, 2013,
genghisgandhi
Kristaps Porzingis
4,324 IQ
Quote by Duffman123
I remember the Pit getting really shit around March 2009, and it's been downhill since then.

shut up bitch
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
All of the necrobumped threads I see are filled with morons, it seems like it used to be really annoying.

This^
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
It wasn't just the spark of sites like Reddit and such. It was also the death of memes as an inside joke, and the start of memes as a mainstream butchered idea.

People in the Pit have grown up, many have left because of this and the change in the flow of the internet, and I think it is infinitely better this way. Shit is so much tighter now. Before it felt like a run down burning city full of screaming people going ape shit. Now it feels like a college or something where you'll have your clubs and your familiar faces.

Also the moderating doesn't have to be as extreme now. We are capable of staying in line for the most part because, again, we've matured. Before how easy was it to be banned for shit? The pear is fine now, and do any of us over use it? Nope. Before it was an instant ban and it was used so many times daily.

This site may have decreased in numbers, but that's not a decline. It's gone up imo.

I'd use this site 0.1% more at least if this guy was active
Quote by MH400
Honestly, my opinion is that we have ourselves as users, and other users, to blame. That along with generally growing up and moving on.

YLYL got closed because of people constantly moaning and bitching about reposts COUGH GODHIMSELF COUGH. That would alienate those that came to the Pit to view funny things.

Hot girls thread got closed because users couldn't handle the simple rules of 'no nudity'. No explanation needed there.

Then the shit such as 'only / official threads' kicked in and started clogging up the first page. That doesn't help. Rule 1 of keeping your users active? Don't piss them off.

UG has obviously declined, but I've been here for almost 5 years, have UGers on my Facebook, met UGers etc. It honestly feels like a community.

And 0.1% less if he was
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Ahhh good ol MH400.

I remember when I killed him. Good times
Sail upon the open skies
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Solid necrobump there shreddy good show.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.