Page 2 of 2
Just bumping this to see if there's any more interest after it's been on Steam for a while. Have some pretty (huge) pictures.

There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
I got a it via Steam. I got as far as the character creation screen before I got bored and uninstalled it.
I play it occasionally problem is you need a group of people to play it with otherwise it's just not fun enough trying to lone wolf it. The 400+ cluster ****s are fun though, except when your team sucks and you take 2+ hours to get into the main base because those damn shields are still up!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I got a it via Steam. I got as far as the character creation screen before I got bored and uninstalled it.

Not sure if srs.

^ I find it pretty fun to watch everybody else continuously try the same thing with the same results and expect something different to happen. I just either use the infil cloak to flank them, or soar over them with the LA jetpack. It'd be cool if we could get some UG guys together to play this though.

Playing this game made me never want to play Battlefield 3 again.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
Not sure if srs.

^ I find it pretty fun to watch everybody else continuously try the same thing with the same results and expect something different to happen. I just either use the infil cloak to flank them, or soar over them with the LA jetpack. It'd be cool if we could get some UG guys together to play this though.

Playing this game made me never want to play Battlefield 3 again.

No, I much prefer the smoother shooting mechanics in battlefield 3 furthermore, the vehicle physics are in my opinion more fun in Bf3. I like the fact that it takes some skill to pilot the chopper and that the mechanics are more visceral. Like if you dive from too high and pull out too late you really have to fight to get the nose back up or you'll slam into the ground. Whereas in planet side the air vehicles just seem to glide along and they feel terribly slow.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I mean I play it and I realize that some features had to take a hit in compensation for the huge scale.
Quote by GNR's Fan
No, I much prefer the smoother shooting mechanics in battlefield 3 furthermore, the vehicle physics are in my opinion more fun in Bf3. I like the fact that it takes some skill to pilot the chopper and that the mechanics are more visceral. Like if you dive from too high and pull out too late you really have to fight to get the nose back up or you'll slam into the ground. Whereas in planet side the air vehicles just seem to glide along and they feel terribly slow.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I mean I play it and I realize that some features had to take a hit in compensation for the huge scale.

Eh, BF3 got fucked when they shifted development focus to the consoles as the lead platform.
It's been a while. Bump?
I've been playing it for a while, and it's quite fun. It's my first MMO, and the whole truckloads of players together really made me wanna check it out.

Having quite a bit of fun so far. Taking over other bases with an outfit is really a lot of fun; even more than the actual fighting itself, haha.

Gotta wait before the 1.8 GB March update finishes downloading. >_>

I'm playing as The_Hriday for NC on Helios, if anyone wants to join me for a game or something.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I've been playing it for a while, and it's quite fun. It's my first MMO, and the whole truckloads of players together really made me wanna check it out.

Having quite a bit of fun so far. Taking over other bases with an outfit is really a lot of fun; even more than the actual fighting itself, haha.

Gotta wait before the 1.8 GB March update finishes downloading. >_>

I'm playing as The_Hriday for NC on Helios, if anyone wants to join me for a game or something.

I'd join you, but I'm on EU Ceres with all of my characters.

Have a bump, thread. Anybody playing this game?
I played for a while but, as was said, you need a group to have any appreciable amount of fun. If you just jump in alone and join a group you'll find yourself doing nothing more than run here--stand on point--cap point--run there--stand on point--cap point--get in the leviathan--wait--get out of the leviathan--run there--cap point.

I got into an organized group once, just like 10 of us, and that was fun. There weren't so many people that all the enemies died immediately but there were enough to actually get stuff done. Air drops, defending regions, sneaking around enemies. It was fun, but it only happened once in the several weeks I played.
Quote by Seref
I played for a while but, as was said, you need a group to have any appreciable amount of fun. If you just jump in alone and join a group you'll find yourself doing nothing more than run here--stand on point--cap point--run there--stand on point--cap point--get in the leviathan--wait--get out of the leviathan--run there--cap point.

I got into an organized group once, just like 10 of us, and that was fun. There weren't so many people that all the enemies died immediately but there were enough to actually get stuff done. Air drops, defending regions, sneaking around enemies. It was fun, but it only happened once in the several weeks I played.

That's why you join or start an outfit, heh
I was playing, but it took way too long for me to get enough money to buy new weapons, and I got bored of playing with the same weapons all the time. The game for the most part is long long spells of boredom punctuated spectacular battles. It's like the LOTR of video games.
I joined this at the behest of my friends, and it was fun if you have a group going, just like what the others said. Otherwise you aren't going to be communicating at all and just running around.

Vanu does seem underpowered, as said in one of the earlier posts. We chose Vanu because they had apparently no bullet drop (we came from a community of Enemy Territory players). We got pissed at the Vanu players because they did shit, so we switched to the blue guys and were blown away by the weapons. The power was much higher, and there was no appreciable weapon drop we were worried about.

I didn't really like the shooting mechanics. It felt like one of those heavy shooter games like CoD. I prefer something where movement is also an integral part of surviving and shooting from the hip is the way to go, like ET.

Weapons also take way too long to earn. Yes, it's possible to get them in ingame currency, but you can also buy them for money. That's pretty pay to win to me.
Now, before you uninstall the game, please at least try going to a huge open map, set down an engineer turret, and start sniping people. The turret basically has 100% accuracy if you shoot in bursts, so your kills will rack up extremely fast.
Last edited by triface at May 17, 2013,
I played the game for about 50 hours, most of which I spent sniping people because my computer wouldn't handle the cqc action even on low settings. It's a very nice game, but it does get boring after a while IMO. Also, try and play in one of the events they often host, shit gets crazyyy.
Bout to try playing this game again. Played a few hours once but it seemed boring. Anyone wanna teach me to play?

I'm on some NA server if that matters.

Name is Spoonishiro.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by triface
I joined this at the behest of my friends, and it was fun if you have a group going, just like what the others said. Otherwise you aren't going to be communicating at all and just running around.

Yeah, the game really shines when you join an outfit, but for me it's still fun to solo around.

Vanu does seem underpowered, as said in one of the earlier posts. We chose Vanu because they had apparently no bullet drop (we came from a community of Enemy Territory players). We got pissed at the Vanu players because they did shit, so we switched to the blue guys and were blown away by the weapons. The power was much higher, and there was no appreciable weapon drop we were worried about.

Most of the engagements in the game are so close that bullet drop isn't even a factor, so the VS were pretty much gimped there.. That said, they've changed the damage dropoff for all VS weapons now, which in some cases is a buff and others a nerf. NC is where it's at though.

I didn't really like the shooting mechanics. It felt like one of those heavy shooter games like CoD. I prefer something where movement is also an integral part of surviving and shooting from the hip is the way to go, like ET.

LA + SMG. Movement is something that's absolutely key to how much I like an FPS - Quake and ProMod did that just right. When you play LA, movement becomes *very* important, with the SMGs being great at hipfiring.

Weapons also take way too long to earn. Yes, it's possible to get them in ingame currency, but you can also buy them for money. That's pretty pay to win to me.
Now, before you uninstall the game, please at least try going to a huge open map, set down an engineer turret, and start sniping people. The turret basically has 100% accuracy if you shoot in bursts, so your kills will rack up extremely fast.

It's not really P2W in that buying things with SC doesn't give you any advantage that is impossible to get with only certs. The game is surpsingly well balanced now, with the exception of AA vs Air, which really is out of whack.

The main complaint most people seem to make is "it takes too long to get new weapons". There are six infantry classes in the game, and with the exception of Engi/LA, they all use their own default weapons. So use that to your advantage.

Anyway, since this game came out, I haven't touched Battlefield 3. BF3 just seems so shit in comparison.

^Also, Matt, I'd totally play with you but I've got 4 characters already and they're all on EU servers.
Quote by King Twili
LA + SMG. Movement is something that's absolutely key to how much I like an FPS - Quake and ProMod did that just right. When you play LA, movement becomes *very* important, with the SMGs being great at hipfiring.

Yeah totally. Light Assaults have nothing going for them except for the jetpack, which opens up many flanking opportunities. I once tricked a guy who was trying to kill me over a corner in open air that I disappeared, when all I did was fly up to the top of the building. I proceeded to kill him from the top.

Still not a very big fan of the SMG shooting mechanics. The zoom is just right there, so it feels like I'm gimping myself shooting from the hip as compared to a guy using some high-powered rifle or something. There's usually not enough time for movement and hipfiring to come into play due to everybody using those expensive weapons.
Quote by triface
Yeah totally. Light Assaults have nothing going for them except for the jetpack, which opens up many flanking opportunities. I once tricked a guy who was trying to kill me over a corner in open air that I disappeared, when all I did was fly up to the top of the building. I proceeded to kill him from the top.

Still not a very big fan of the SMG shooting mechanics. The zoom is just right there, so it feels like I'm gimping myself shooting from the hip as compared to a guy using some high-powered rifle or something. There's usually not enough time for movement and hipfiring to come into play due to everybody using those expensive weapons.

That's my favourite move in outpost battles, haha

SMGs are really only useful if you can get the drop on them. If you're up against a heavy with a high RoF LMG [see: TR Heavies], unless their aim is terrible, you're going to have a hard time. That said, the default weaposn are arguably the best "all round" weapons. The certable/purchasable weapons all have their own areas that they're better at. So you'll often trade performance in one area for a weakness in others, hence why the devs call them "sidegrades".

Anyway, don't even bother with the NC Warden battle rifle. It's absolutely useless in every situation, even after the buff they gave it a few weeks back. Bullet velocity is far too low, CoF seems huge, and the Semi-auto rate of fire is gimped beyond belief.

NC Gauss SAW is the best weapon in the game.
Quote by King Twili
That's my favourite move in outpost battles, haha

SMGs are really only useful if you can get the drop on them. If you're up against a heavy with a high RoF LMG [see: TR Heavies], unless their aim is terrible, you're going to have a hard time. That said, the default weaposn are arguably the best "all round" weapons. The certable/purchasable weapons all have their own areas that they're better at. So you'll often trade performance in one area for a weakness in others, hence why the devs call them "sidegrades".

Anyway, don't even bother with the NC Warden battle rifle. It's absolutely useless in every situation, even after the buff they gave it a few weeks back. Bullet velocity is far too low, CoF seems huge, and the Semi-auto rate of fire is gimped beyond belief.

NC Gauss SAW is the best weapon in the game.

Gauss SAW is the medic weapon, isn't it? I found the spread was noticeably larger than the LA/Engineer/HA weapons, so I'm not a very big fan of it since I love being able to snipe. Not that it'll do much good in this game, but I find it satisfying when I hear the hitsounds from far.
Quote by triface
Gauss SAW is the medic weapon, isn't it? I found the spread was noticeably larger than the LA/Engineer/HA weapons, so I'm not a very big fan of it since I love being able to snipe. Not that it'll do much good in this game, but I find it satisfying when I hear the hitsounds from far.

The medic weapon is the Gauss Rifle :p

The Gauss SAW is the default NC HA LMG, and it's pretty much perfect, although the low RoF can be a bit difficult on CQC

I totally suck at using the snipers in this game. Drop isn't too much of an issue for me, leading is. Anyway, unless you're really aggressive with it, sniping doesn't really do much to help take a base. That's where SMGs and the cloak come in. Lots of fun to be had there.

^Server and Faction?
Last edited by King Twili at May 23, 2013,
For those of you concerned with new weapons taking too long to unlock, Game Update 09 just released and has, amongst other things, reduced the prices for a fair amount of weapons by 75%.
Quote by King Twili
The medic weapon is the Gauss Rifle :p

The Gauss SAW is the default NC HA LMG, and it's pretty much perfect, although the low RoF can be a bit difficult on CQC

I totally suck at using the snipers in this game. Drop isn't too much of an issue for me, leading is. Anyway, unless you're really aggressive with it, sniping doesn't really do much to help take a base. That's where SMGs and the cloak come in. Lots of fun to be had there.

^Server and Faction?

What an idiot I am. Yeah I like that weapon too.

Yeah sniping doesn't really work for me in this game as well. With a bit of lag you're pretty much not going to be hitting anything. This aspect of realism detracts from the fun in my opinion, but I guess that's also the reason we don't get sniped the minute we run out the base. That would be awful.

That price change is cool. I'll have to check it out some time.
This game is AMAZING. I just could never get into it. You really need to go into chat and join large groups. This is a game where, really, a solo player is not contributing much.
Quote by CoreysMonster
This game sucks. It's not even close to TF2.

The only thing going for Planetside is the super big-scale battles, the dogfights and the "contribute in your own small special way" playstyle, which is surprisingly fun if you've got a group going and are going on bombing runs.

But really, it's quite a different game. Both have different philosophies. While TF2 is about a close-knit team working together as a cohesive unit, Planetside is a little more about zerging. I still very much prefer TF2 myself, but Planetside doesn't suck as much as you would think if you really put in the effort and try and get a group of friends to play it. I actually uninstalled the game 5 minutes in the first time because I couldn't stand the shooting mechanics (coming from Enemy Territory).
Last edited by triface at May 24, 2013,
Quote by triface
The only thing going for Planetside is the super big-scale battles, the dogfights and the "contribute in your own small special way" playstyle, which is surprisingly fun if you've got a group going and are going on bombing runs.

But really, it's quite a different game. Both have different philosophies. While TF2 is about a close-knit team working together as a cohesive unit, Planetside is a little more about zerging. I still very much prefer TF2 myself, but Planetside doesn't suck as much as you would think if you really put in the effort and try and get a group of friends to play it. I actually uninstalled the game 5 minutes in the first time because I couldn't stand the shooting mechanics (coming from Enemy Territory).

It's okay, Ryan is just butthurt that he can't run it
Page 2 of 2