So I have an Ibanez GRX 40, and I want to swap the neck out for an old Squier neck which is actually quite comfortable. Apparently both have a 25.5 scale, so would there be any issues with this?
It needs to fit properly in the neck socket. You can use new screw holes in you need too.

Scale needs to be exact. Is there any fretboard overhang that will effect pick-up interference?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by FrozenNile
There isn't any overhang on the Squier neck. It's flush.

Is te neck pocket profile the same?? Same number of frets?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I haven't seen both of the neck profiles but

Ibanez

(Invalid img)

Squier

They look very similar
Quote by R45VT
It needs to fit properly in the neck socket. You can use new screw holes in you need too.

Scale needs to be exact. Is there any fretboard overhang that will effect pick-up interference?

Fretboard overhang wouldn't effect pickup interference at all though?
Quote by Wisthekiller
Fretboard overhang wouldn't effect pickup interference at all though?

It sure can.... all depends on the pick-up placement and number of frets involved. From going 21 to 22 frets, etc. In his case it shouldn't. I don't have any experience with either of these guitars.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT
It sure can.... all depends on the pick-up placement and number of frets involved. From going 21 to 22 frets, etc. In his case it shouldn't. I don't have any experience with either of these guitars.

That's pickup placement though. Otherwise how much it overhangs shouldn't matter.
Quote by Wisthekiller
That's pickup placement though. Otherwise how much it overhangs shouldn't matter.

No. These guitars are already made.... The pickups are already placed. Again on his guitar it shouldn't matter. The times I have seen that was on some sort of super strat, guy switching from 21 to 22 and it contacted the pick-up.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT
No. These guitars are already made.... The pickups are already placed. Again on his guitar it shouldn't matter. The times I have seen that was on some sort of super strat, guy switching from 21 to 22 and it contacted the pick-up.

Then the only thing that may effect the tone would be having to lower the pickup. A piece of wood between the strings and pickup wouldn't change the sound at all.
The neck's thickness differance at the end may cause action issues. Are both necks the same dimension in depth where it attaches to the guitar? Also, the neck's angle to the body may be different, requiring bridge adjustments. Good luck.
This seems like a lot more work than it's worth. I may just buy some basswood cheap and make a body...
Don't you have both pieces? Just test fit and if see if anything is screwy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr