lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour
613 IQ
Well its that time of the year again and i am looking for a distortion pedal.

Tone: Slash + Amon Amarth.
Welcome! Now do yourself a favor and run away. Run as far away from gear forums as is humaly possible! If you follow this advice, you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about the guy who saved you from yourself.

lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour
613 IQ
I am using a vox right now, i am not sure of the model, but i'll be upgrading soon.
Welcome! Now do yourself a favor and run away. Run as far away from gear forums as is humaly possible! If you follow this advice, you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about the guy who saved you from yourself.

lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour
613 IQ
well more bluesy i think...

gerraguitar
856 IQ
Quote by lamb of dog
well more bluesy i think...

then i dont think distortion is what you should be looking into, you might wanna try an OD first. good ODs mixed with good sounding amps or even other ODs can get a lot of gain, it will never resemble natural amp distortion, but if you want blues tone then distortion isn't where to begin
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour
613 IQ
Thats why i was looking at boss os 2 it has overdrive with distortion.

gerraguitar
856 IQ
never tried that one but if you are looking at Boss pedals then a Blues Driver would be the better choice, maybe a fulltone OCD. i use OD much more than distortion. as an answer to your original question you could check out a ProCo Rat, it's a very standard distortion that can get a wide variety of sounds, and it can be had for less than $100 new. but definitely do some listening on youtube before deciding on one, and of course getting a chance to go to a shop and play some if thats easy enough is good too
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour
613 IQ
Ok thanks mate.

WD Punk
As Seen on TV
195 IQ
Metal Muff w/ top boost I always recommend it. I got mine new for $90
{[WD Punk]}
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Jekyll and hyde v2 they are on clearence for a hundred dollars comes with a good ts clone and a good distortion.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Maidenheadsteve
I do the guitar good
2,176 IQ
He said he's doing bluesy stuff...so definantly not the metal muff.

Os-2 isn't a bad call. Either one of the MXR badass pedals are good (either the OD or the Distortion).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof. Loop 1 into ISP decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.