FischmungaXTR
Arr Harr!
90 IQ
Looking to get a fretless for the folk band i'm now in. hate 4 strings though, can anyone recommend a decent, not too expensive fretless 5 or 6?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
will42
UG's bassoon-master
80 IQ
What is not too expensive?
A budget would help.
Telling us what styles of music you play wouldn't hurt either.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
anarkee
oh the horror!
330 IQ
Ibanez has some fairly affordable five and six string fretless basses. But a budget would help.
dark Mass
ZORK
30 IQ
Budget?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
bassofthe
10 IQ
Dingwall makes the best basses ever, and has a fretless option for most models. My next bass will most likely be a fretless Dingwall.
Spaz91
RIP Terry
560 IQ
AH ****. KILL THE BRONY SCUM.

Also, regardless of your budget, Ibanez will have something for you. Warwick/Rockbass are the same though they lack the super-budget series.
CJ Noble
WAHAHA~!
40 IQ
Ibanez always has something for every budget, and Schecter has a fretless Stiletto 5 for around $700 new

Quote by Spaz91

That's not very nice.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
bassofthe
10 IQ
Quote by Spaz91
I only gave an honest suggestion for what the thread starter asked. How did I ever offend you?
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
110 IQ
WTF is a brony????
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
bassofthe
10 IQ
Quote by Sudaka
WTF is a brony????
An adult, usually male fan of the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. We have our own thread in the Pit.
Spaz91
RIP Terry
560 IQ
Quote by Sudaka
WTF is a brony????

Subhuman.

Back on topic, also look at Yamahas, new and used.
bassofthe
10 IQ
Quote by Spaz91
Subhuman.
I ask again; what did I do to offend you? I sincerely doubt giving an honest reply to thread starter's question warrants such animosity, especially considering you did the same thing yourself.
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
110 IQ
Quote by bassofthe
An adult, usually male fan of the TV show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. We have our own thread in the Pit.

Aw, yes, I can see that on your avatar, isn't it? Sorry, i don't usually go to the pit anymore...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
bassofthe
10 IQ
Quote by Sudaka
Aw, yes, I can see that on your avatar, isn't it? Sorry, i don't usually go to the pit anymore...
We are lots of other places on the Internet, too. Still, if anyone wants to discuss bronydom further, I would suggest taking it to the pony thread, lest we clutter up this unrelated thread.
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
190 IQ
Ibanez really is probably your best bet, but... Yeah, a budget would be good.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Spaz91
RIP Terry
560 IQ
Ibanez are better value and, in my experience, do much nicer 5 strings. Fender are good at what they do, Ibanez are good at everything else.
OtamotPuhctek
10 IQ
Quote by FischmungaXTR
Looking to get a fretless for the folk band i'm now in. hate 4 strings though, can anyone recommend a decent, not too expensive fretless 5 or 6?

I'd go acoustic for a folk gig.
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
836 IQ
i played one of those fretless ibanez 5's at guitar center. i liked it a LOT. had i been in the market at the time i would've bought it.
#DTWD