I've been learning funk and hard rock stuff on the bass for a while, but I also want to learn songs that have a "beautiful" and peaceful kind of bass line to it.
Kind of like A Song For Our Fathers by Explosions in the Sky.

Any suggestions?
The clean-ish sections to the song Australapithicus by Intronaut. Really really smooth, beautiful bass line.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Starship Trooper by Yes. Amazing work; a royal pain in the ass to learn, but just beautiful.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Scott La Faro blows me away every time I listen to his work. The tragedy of his untimely death wounds me to the core.
Time by Pink Floyd. Waters wasn't a phenominal bassist by any means, but the bassline in that song.... One of those songs where every single note is the RIGHT note at the RIGHT time. So much simple beautiful groove.
Saints walk the earth
They don't patrol the skies
They're the people right behind you
Riding tandem through the night
It's the comfort that's discovered
Through two sets of eyes
It's the hand that stills the other
That shakes like candlelight
Janek Gwizdala "Alibea"
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
in the meantime by spacehog is pretty good
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
do you mean 'solo bass" piece, or beautiful 'bass line' ?

about bass lines, the most melodic and inventive are for me those played by jon Camp in the band Renaissance during the 70's.
Quote by Bixz389
do you mean 'solo bass" piece, or beautiful 'bass line' ?

about bass lines, the most melodic and inventive are for me those played by jon Camp in the band Renaissance during the 70's.

At first, I was looking for just a bassline so I could play if I'm in a peaceful mood. Now, I'm looking for mainly bass solo songs such as "Sometimes I laugh" or "what you wont do for love" by wooten
Last edited by _ThePanda_ at Jan 21, 2013,