kharn_tb
1,556 IQ
I have been looking heavily at an Epiphone V and albeit a low end one, but I have been looking at a Epi V that rather then being shaped symmetrically, it is shaped more like a Rhodes V by jackson right down to using the Explorer headstock to mimic Jackson's.

Can anyone tell me what year this thing is from at least or point me in the right direction as to getting information on this? I am just interested because its so different then the standard Epi/Gibson Design and fairly unique. Any tips on finding out what is with this thing.
kharn_tb
1,556 IQ
Thanks, It doesn't have the covers anymore, unless it didn't have them initially but it looks like the logo on the headstock and everything else. I don't care about the pup covers and will eventually swap them for something better, I have always liked the RR V and this seems like a good opportunity to get one plus for $100 its a good deal unless there is a model I didn't see on there that was lower end. I'm not expecting an American made first generation LP, I'm expecting something I can just play.
Wisthekiller
UG's Nigel Tufnel
1,897 IQ
Probably from the Evolution line. I had and Evolution Explorer. Decent quality, wood wasn't complete shit (3 pieces for an Explorer isn't bad either), I like the neck.

Also:
Quote by kharn_tb
Rhodes

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Nov 14, 2012,
kharn_tb
1,556 IQ
Quote by Wisthekiller
Probably from the Evolution line. I had and Evolution Explorer. Decent quality, wood wasn't complete shit (3 pieces for an Explorer isn't bad either), I like the neck.

Also:

ಠ_ಠ

I admit I'm horrible at spelling and was too lazy to look it up.
kharn_tb
1,556 IQ
I was trying to get the information on it see if I can get a year or anything, since it is so odd compared to most of the Gibson styled ones.
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!
792 IQ
Quote by kharn_tb
I was trying to get the information on it see if I can get a year or anything, since it is so odd compared to most of the Gibson styled ones.

Are you gonna get it?
kharn_tb
1,556 IQ
Actually I didn't, it is a beautiful guitar and for the price a great quality compared to a lot of stuff I've picked and looked at (included in the same price bracket was an Epi LP Special II), and had a wonderful everything to it. I just found that after all my research and looking (and over an hour going back and forth) the Ibanez was just better suited and the neck felt a little better. I actually loved the V shape just the neck felt a little more awkward then what I like. Its a great guitar though and I'd recommend it to any Gibson fan.

I had done the initial shopping trip in 10 minutes and had planned a longer one to play a little and feel them out better, its rough when you don't want to take a 4 year old in the guitar store.