Hey everyone! Well I'm starting a pop punk/rock band and I just wanted to know what would be the best distortion for this type of music. I play a Gibson Limited Run SG Special '60s Tribute Electric Guitar and a Fender Standard Stratocaster Left Handed Electric Guitar. Leave any suggestions and tips. thanks!
thats a bass amp,

save up some cash and get yourself something along the lines of a peavey vypyr 30 or a cube.

they will cover all the tones you want and more.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
I would get a new amp first, even if you don't have much to spend. Getting a decent SS GUITAR amp would be better than your bass amp. Something Marshally voiced for the pedal would be good for punky type stuff. The BBE AM-64 is good for that.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by loki_lulamen
thats a bass amp,

save up some cash and get yourself something along the lines of a peavey vypyr 30 or a cube.

they will cover all the tones you want and more.

+1

Grab a Peavey Vypyr. If you can save up around $250, you could snag a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60, which will serve you well even if you start gigging. I've seen them sell with the Sanpera II pedal for around $400, which is an absolute steal for such a good amp and versatile pedal attachment.
Now after I get a new amp, what distortion would anyone recommend for pop punk?
Worry about the amp first. No sense in thinking about a pedal if you can get an amp that makes a pedal unnecessary.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Guys hes asking about the pedal. He still needs a pedal even after he gets the amp. For this, I recommend a Suhr Riot. Its a tad expensive but trust me, it will cover EVERYTHING medium-high gain. And it sounds great even through Solid State amps. If you buy the Peavey then i would suggest a Wampler Euphoria to boost/tighten or loosen your tone if you need to. Both are a little expensive for peds but in this world, you get what you pay for. And if you spend alot, generally you get alot as long as you know how to use it.
yeah that $500 landgraff od certainly isn't JATS.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by thetobarmethod
Guys hes asking about the pedal. He still needs a pedal even after he gets the amp. For this, I recommend a Suhr Riot. Its a tad expensive but trust me, it will cover EVERYTHING medium-high gain. And it sounds great even through Solid State amps. If you buy the Peavey then i would suggest a Wampler Euphoria to boost/tighten or loosen your tone if you need to. Both are a little expensive for peds but in this world, you get what you pay for. And if you spend alot, generally you get alot as long as you know how to use it.

Why does he still need a pedal after getting that amp? You just recommended he buy two pedals that would equal up to $400, which is what he could get the amp and Sanpera II for. That would be utterly pointless.