Hey guys,

Anyone got some cheap DIY guitar cleaning tips? Don't want to pay $15 for some lemon oil ala Dunlop.

What are your secrets?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Seriously?

The Dunlop bottles will last you at least a year a piece.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Seriously?

The Dunlop bottles will last you at least a year a piece.

Agreed. That is stupidism for trying to save 15$ from neck cleaning...
Last edited by Laterr at Nov 17, 2012,
I've had my oils for two years. Totally worth the 20$ for the cleaning kit!!
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
you should really buy the lemon oil from Dunlop, it's worth. i got my bottle in february 2010 and it's still 85% full, i always clean the neck with it when i change my strings and i change them nearly every month
I would much sooner use Naptha to clean the fretboard and mineral oil to condition it, but that's only because I already have those things. For someone who's not going to use that stuff for other things, then it's not really a worthwhile investment. However, if you already have a zippo lighter and some baby oil lying around, it's the same thing.
Lemon oil is mineral oil with lemon scent, baby oil is also fragranced mineral oil. Mineral oil is all you need, but baby/lemon oil do the same.