Hey guys,

I have a problem:

After having "owned" a copy of EZDrummer, I'm look for a legal way to get the drum sound in my recordings. I'm talking about realistic acoustic drums.

I've narrowed down some possibilities:

1. Drum software
EZDrummer, Superior Drummer etc. Obvious downside: it costs money.

2. Free Drum-Multisamples
After experimenting a bit, I'm not really sure if that is what I want. Not many Drumsets to choose from and some are unusable for me in shortcircuit.

3. Drum-Machine
I'm not really sure about that one. I was thinking of a Boss DR-3 maybe. How does the acoustic drums sound on these? especially if you would use them on an recording.

4. E-Drum
Pricey. But on the otherhand it would be cool to actually play what I want to record.

Any opinions guys? I don't want to pay much money, I guess under 200€..
Thanks in advance
I recommend SD2.0. I have it and it has potential of producing some badass drum sounds. It does cost money, but you wont get anything uh-mazing for free. It would be quite close to your 200e budget.

First post after ban!
-Jonathan
Check out Steven slates drum samples, you might like those enough to find the extra money it might cost
Quote by z4twenny
Check out Steven slates drum samples, you might like those enough to find the extra money it might cost

Word! Best drum software out there, period.
SSD4 EX only costs around $70 and honestly... I prefer it to SD2 in terms of getting a great drum sound without having to install a SHITTONNE of samples and playing around a lot. They sound great right out of the box. Prior to doing his own software Slates samples were industry standard anyways so you know it's at least decent xD
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
To piggy back on the whole Steven Slate Drums is the best, that really annoying overplayed Train song (Hey Soul Sister) uses one of the kicks from SSD virtually unprocessed. Not to say that its a good song, it just goes to show the quality of the samples.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
yeah. steven slate drums.

but make sure you learn how to route each piece of the drum set out into their own separate buses in w/e DAW youre using. bc then u can compress, eq, or do whatevz to each piece as desired.

I do this and they sound crazy real! i only have the $100 version... deff steven slate man.

PLUS, the steven slate forum is visited by steven slate himself, and he answers many questions about the program and what not. who else does that!?

damn, steven should pay me for all this!
Last edited by FenderStrat21 at Nov 20, 2012,
I just can't wait for them to update the player to allow window resizing... his samples are awesome but the player lacks some basic functionality.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
The problem with most drum programs is that they're stuck onto a pice of music with which they have no connection. The best drums parts must be treated to fit the song. Case in point -- this was played entirely on the M1 keyboard. It sounds real because it's what a drummer would do, not because of any particular program. http://soundcloud.com/nelson-montana/thank-you
Quote by fc89konkari
I recommend SD2.0. I have it and it has potential of producing some badass drum sounds. It does cost money, but you wont get anything uh-mazing for free. It would be quite close to your 200e budget.

Tbh this
I mean, if you've got a Midi Keyboard you should be fine with this
Or IF you are lucky and have an electronic drumkit you'll be sorted
These things are brilliant with this, superior drummer can actually measure your hit strength and similar things and put them into your DAW (it's awesome)
Plus with all the mic availability and also the different drums, cymbals and shizzle, it's awesome

Naturally you can do this with EZdrummer
However, not as many mic's and such, and also a much smaller size of cymbals and stuff
You could always get expansion packs for it!