sberg@naeh.org
111 IQ
For those using a compressor pedal and a fuzz pedal, do you run the compressor into the fuzz, or the fuzz into the compressor?
gumbilicious
beginner
1,236 IQ
Quote by sberg@naeh.org
For those using a compressor pedal and a fuzz pedal, do you run the compressor into the fuzz, or the fuzz into the compressor?

there are different 'schools' on how to use a compressor. if you are gonna use the guitarist's concept of compression, then you'd use it as one of the first pedals in the chain (most likely before the fuzz).

if you are a keyboard player or anyone using lots of effects, you'd use compression wherever you are trying to tame noisy effects (effects that peak out, like a wild phaser).

if you are a studio engineer you'd probably use it at the end of the instruments chain, as a way to maximize volume and eliminate unwanted peaking.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
also would be worth knowing what the compressor is- some fuzzes don't like to be after buffers.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

seljer
UG Resident
1,380 IQ
guitar -> compressor -> Big Muff = awesome

it completely changes the feel of the pedal, the attack of the note is completely different
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
1,633 IQ
Dude you might want to ask for a ban and make a new username*... Putting your email on there is probably not a great idea.

*Would have to be with the express consent of a moderator.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
1,113 IQ
If by fuzz you mean a Big Muff, put the compressor first.

If by fuzz you mean Fuzz Face, Tone Bender, a Fuzz Factory or any kind of octave-up fuzz, put the compressor after it.