Bladed-Vaults
Broceidon king of Brocean
980 IQ
ust picked up an old quite hard to find ltd f-2e
http://www.rattleanddrum.com/picture...oganylarge.jpg
i got it for next to nothing but its sans pickups right now.
The woods in it are maple neck with two mahogony strips (thru) mahogony wings.Ebony fretboard and heres the interesting one. its has a set of ebony caps on the body (check the picture) I would assume with the maple neck and the ebony. the mahogony isnt going to even out the bright this guitar will have

so with the ive ruled out the BKP aftermath (maybe)
steering in the direction of the BKP painkiller or a DM crunclab

tuning will be dropb/c# style of music will be Br00tal (think upon a burning body)
cleans are not neccecary
price is not a problem

suggestions??
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
404 error...

which actually would make a great name for a set of pick ups.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
404 error here too. It probably has the wrong permissions on the file. You own it so you can see it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Bladed-Vaults
980 IQ
Damn. I'm working from an android at the moment as as I'm in the field at work otherwise I could just take a pic and photibucket it.
Shows up right away in a Google search.
After a bit of research it's just an ebony veneer not a whole cap. But I still have a feeling this will be a bright guitar..

I cannot believe I'm saying this and I know one of the ppl I've argued actives with will chime in on me. But how would the 81x60x. Combo do for woods such as this.. I've heard piles of good on them. Although I'd much rather get. Set of well balanced hot passives in
Last edited by Bladed-Vaults at Nov 18, 2012,
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
my response shows up on google too.

check it out.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
I see the problem with your first link - it's truncated the url.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)
3,630 IQ
That is quite a pretty guitar. If I were you, I would just avoid something overly bright and not worry too much about "evening out" the bright of the wood. I would try to get something that's got a pretty even treble response, but an above average amount of bass. The mids I would say you should just pick something that's to your liking. If you like a scooped sound, get a more scooped pup, if you like plenty of mids, go for something mid-heavy. If neither, just go for something balanced.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
i'm guessing it's gonna be on the bright side- my bc rich has similar specs to that (except maple top instead of ebony) and is fairly bright. that being said, it has a duncan distortion in there, which is on the bright side, and I wouldn't say it's unusably bright, so...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Bladed-Vaults
980 IQ
I'm thinking of just going with the aftermath cuz of its ridiculous attack and just equing the bass in where I need it. 5153 will have no problem fixing that.

Still debating on the crunchlab though