Glimpsed.AM
30 IQ
Wasn't sure if this should go in the recording section, but if it needs to be moved, let me know and I'll delete this one and open it elsewhere.

Anyway, my dad asked me what I wanted for Christmas the other day and I was thinking about something cheap that I can just record my guitar parts on and use it to jam to my own tracks as well as harmonize parts. For a price range, I know my dad doesn't want to spend a fortune, so I was thinking something along the lines of one of those Line 6 POD Studio things? So under the $300 range. If there's something better than that out there for a decent price any input would be appreciated!

I do plan on getting an Axefx II eventually, but that's a little further down the line. I just want something to hold me off til I have enough saved up. Thanks!
MatrixClaw
UG God
1,092 IQ
Quote by Bladed-Vaults
+1

but if your like me and dont always like to read miles of info.

a quick cheap recording fix is the line 6 podfarm interface.... not a line 6 pod... but the interface..
goes for 200 USD on GC. and no need to buy software or any such nonense

No its not. For $200, you could pick up a Focusrite Saffire 6, which is superior in everyway, from conversion to preamps. You're paying a huge premium because it comes with POD Farm, of which the Standard version is extremely poor.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
sushi cat
10 IQ
The Focusrite Saffire 6 is a quality I/O.
http://jansportfolio.moonfruit.com
Glimpsed.AM
30 IQ
Quote by MatrixClaw
For $200, you could pick up a Focusrite Saffire 6, which is superior in everyway, from conversion to preamps.

Is that compatible with a bass as well, or is it strictly made for guitars?
Last edited by Glimpsed.AM at Nov 23, 2012,