Page 2 of 2
Quote by Offworld92
There's also a severe lack of Firebird love.

dafuq, Gibson.

I would totally consider picking up a Firebird if it was priced like an Lp studio. Personally I don't like the look of the 70's tribute Firebirds they put out.

Also i'm holding out for the release of the Les Paul 1870's tribute. Got that SUPER VINTAGE tone
Quote by redandwhite12
Also i'm holding out for the release of the Les Paul 1870's tribute. Got that SUPER VINTAGE tone

They already did, and they got Kahlil to showcase it.

Nice axe.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 22, 2012,
Just to add to the pile of "what the ****, Gibson?", American shops already have LPJs in stock but UK shops won't be getting them until late-2013. Apparently Gibson are waiting for international travel to be invented.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
oooh silly silly Gibson pinching our nuts with baked maple boards, fire bird x's, and now 50's tribute SGs when will the blasphemy end?

If i could say something to Gibson it would be focus your mid price range and make more in the classic vein of things. Just my thoughts.That and quality control, freaking fret buzz on my Paul
Quote by redandwhite12
oooh silly silly Gibson pinching our nuts with baked maple boards,

Seriously, why are Gibson bashed for this? Have you even played a guitar with a Baked Maple board? There is absolutely nothing wrong with them.
Quote by redandwhite12
50's tribute SGs when will the blasphemy end?

Again, seriously. Why are Gibson bashed for this? It's a certain style of SG for a certain kind of player. And since it has characteristics of the 50's Les Pauls, it somewhat makes sense to call it a '50's Tribute' as if it's a guitar that could've been.
Quote by redandwhite12
If i could say something to Gibson it would be focus your mid price range and make more in the classic vein of things. Just my thoughts.

They do though. There are lots of 'mid priced' Gibsons available which are like that.
Quote by redandwhite12
That and quality control, freaking fret buzz on my Paul

Mine is fine.
Quote by Axelfox
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 23, 2012,
^

I guess I should have said pinching my nuts. The thought of a maple board on a Gibson just doesn't appeal to me. I wants dat rosewood if I gonna be paying that much for a guitar.

I feel like they should have called it a guitar that should've been, like Fenders pawnshop stuff, if that's what they did in fact intend.

I dunno Gibson just isn't how I would like Gibson to be. I can understand how some people like what they do now but it bothers me. Maybe I just like to nitpick. lol.
Quote by redandwhite12

I guess I should have said pinching my nuts. The thought of a maple board on a Gibson just doesn't appeal to me. I wants dat rosewood if I gonna be paying that much for a guitar.

Some Suhr guitars use baked maple fingerboards. They feel and sound (and often look) a lot like ebony. It's not like it's not a good material to make fingerboards from, if anything, it's better than rosewood is because baked maple never warps or twists. I played a Gibson Classic Custom in a store once and it was an absolutely fantastic guitar. It's one of the best-sustaining guitars i've ever played, it was flawlessly made, looked great and it overall played great and i would love to own one

I think people who think that Gibsons should always be a certain thing are blowing smoke up their asses.
Quote by redandwhite12

I feel like they should have called it a guitar that should've been, like Fenders pawnshop stuff, if that's what they did in fact intend.

I think that's what they're trying to do.
Quote by redandwhite12

I dunno Gibson just isn't how I would like Gibson to be. I can understand how some people like what they do now but it bothers me. Maybe I just like to nitpick. lol.

Yes but why does it bother you? Personally, i think they're subjected to a hell of a lot of unfair criticism, far more so than any other brand.
Quote by Axelfox
i was in sam ash music today, st00pid deals on gibsons.

traditionals for $1500, standards for under $2k, midtown P-90s for $800, flying V for $800, trad pro mahogany top satins for $1150... those aren't black friday prices, those are the new prices.

yeah, rip on them all you want guys but if a couple simple construction changes mean prices like that? srsly wake the fhuk up guys.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Yes but why does it bother you? Personally, i think they're subject to a hell of a lot of unfair criticism.

Because i'm an anal nitpicking basstard.

Gibsons got some good stuff don't get me wrong after all I own one and they're my favorite brand. Just a few little things that bother me.

Also nothing against people who own or like maple boards i just don't.
Last edited by redandwhite12 at Nov 23, 2012,
Quote by redandwhite12
Because i'm an anal nitpicking basstard.

What a nice thought to put into my head.

but seriously, your little foibles about a baked maple board being crap is unfounded.
Quote by Axelfox
What a nice thought to put into my head.

but seriously, go play a Gibson Classic Custom or a Classic Plus and tell me it sucks.

Baked maples just not my deal. I don't care if other people like it or if it exists i just wouldn't want one that's all. I would however be willing to play a couple and the classic customs do look pretty sweet. Gibson has some great stuff i'm not arguing with you. Just little things like the 50's Sg made me lol.
Quote by redandwhite12
Baked maples just not my deal. I don't care if other people like it or if it exists i just wouldn't want one that's all. I would however be willing to play a couple and the classic customs do look pretty sweet. Gibson has some great stuff i'm not arguing with you. Just little things like the 50's Sg made me lol.

That wasn't what you were saying before.
Quote by Axelfox
I'm sad to see that Gibson has stopped making all SG models except for this 50s tribute.

....Oh wait, you say they are still making all of the other models? Then why all the butthurt?
Oh, look. This thread again.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
I'd like to point out the real crime that they've stopped making Flying Vs in the old cherry finish. Cockends.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I want the Faded LP Juniors back.
... and Faded SG Juniors as well.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by W4RP1G
why all the butthurt?

because the word "gibson" is in the thread title.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
I wonder if the feds will raid Gibson again because of this!
I heard Gibson was importing candy for their vending machines from 3rd world countries. RAID THEM.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Page 2 of 2