a few days ago i posted about my need for pickups for a certain ltd f-2e model guitar.
I called ESP asking for a bit more info on the guitar and they sent me the stock pickups that came with the guitar FREE OF CHARGE! so +1 to esp customer service. they are emg-esp branded pickups. essentially just a set of HZ 4a with esps name on them. will still be upgraded but nice to be able to play this beauty now.
this guitar was origionally set to be 849 msrp. sold for 599. i picked it up mine iwth no electronics for 100 bucks!!! USD. and as I understand they were only made in 2007 around 450 being sold all together.. and what a fantastic peice of wood for the price!

Great wood grain, but blegh.

It's like taking parts from three gorgeous women and sewing them together to create Roseanne O'Connor.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
lol thanks all. the f series isnt for everyone.. but its the perfect shape for the style of metal I play. sharp lines/aggressive... and every jackoff has a superstrat and les paul shape.. I like to walk on stage and be confidant noone else has seen such gear
sometime.. different is good... again its not foreveryone though lol.
That's really cool that esp did that. BTW nice guitar man, the wood grain makes that shape. It's similar to a schechter 006 if it went through metal boot camp.
Quote by Bladed-Vaults
lol thanks all. the f series isnt for everyone.. but its the perfect shape for the style of metal I play. sharp lines/aggressive... and every jackoff has a superstrat and les paul shape..

that is why they make explorers and flying V's

actually, i dig on it. good get. HNGD!
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Oh my god, so jealous. And I don't even *like* the F shape. but that guitar for $100 is a *ridiculous* steal.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sexy! HNGD!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
i love "v"s to death.... own a dv8r se (love the dave haha) but i cant play em.... sitting down with a v is the same s trying to get busy in a Porsche.... sure its awesome... but awkward outweighs awesome.
Quote by greeny23
why?!

they were a special run guitar in the first place.

but they undersold anyway. I assume these couple of things.
its made in vietnam (thats scares people) but I can vouch for its quality... this thing is on par with my jap made ESP Horizon in build quality..

then. look at it. 5 layer neck. ebony board. floyed rose... thats one hell of a wood combo. and they only asked 599 sale price? "somethings gotta be wrong with it"

and........ its the f series. no major artists really ever endorsed it and sadly if no "good" guitarists plays it it must be shit.. I see bandwaggoning kill great guitars all the time.
Quote by Bladed-Vaults
they were a special run guitar in the first place.

but they undersold anyway. I assume these couple of things.
its made in vietnam (thats scares people) but I can vouch for its quality... this thing is on par with my jap made ESP Horizon in build quality..

then. look at it. 5 layer neck. ebony board. floyed rose... thats one hell of a wood combo. and they only asked 599 sale price? "somethings gotta be wrong with it"

and........ its the f series. no major artists really ever endorsed it and sadly if no "good" guitarists plays it it must be shit.. I see bandwaggoning kill great guitars all the time.

it's also icky.
TY ippon!

and I wish they would have offered this wood option for all the shapes.. id jump on an fx like this or even an ec.
I love neck thru guitars.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
I love neck thru guitars.

thanks! and yes. me too.

once ibanez makes a neck thru prestige... (shhh i just sinned amongts the ibby guys)
Ill go to the dark side
Quote by Bladed-Vaults
thanks! and yes. me too.

once ibanez makes a neck thru prestige... (shhh i just sinned amongts the ibby guys)
Ill go to the dark side

Don't hold your breath.

Get a Jackson soloist. You can find the professional series MIJ with thin necks for around 500. Great value.

That being said the quality on the LTDs I have played has been fantastic. I actually bought my younger brother a bolt on neck version like yours and he loves it. It plays like a dream and it was under $300.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by Bladed-Vaults
i love "v"s to death.... own a dv8r se (love the dave haha) but i cant play em.... sitting down with a v is the same s trying to get busy in a Porsche.... sure its awesome... but awkward outweighs awesome.

I actually like V's sitting down because they promote a better playing posture, in that, the only way to play them sitting down is to put the "crotch" of the V straddling your right leg. This puts the picking area in a more centered position on your body, similar to when you play standing up. I find it hard to do this with my Les Paul.

They also make an attachment for V guitars that make them easier to play sitting down. I can't remember where I saw this, whowas selling it, and who made it, but I know it's out there. Just a simple, metal "wire" type thing.

HNPD

Epic ESP Customer Service is Epic! They just got a HUGE boost in my book. I might buy my girlfriend that Silverburst EC1000 sooner than I thought.

Personally, I think your axe is sexy as hell. I think the shape is definitely out of the norm, and the woods and neck-thru takes that to a whole new level. I'm seriously jealous of that epic deal.
Quote by Blktiger0
I actually like V's sitting down because they promote a better playing posture, in that, the only way to play them sitting down is to put the "crotch" of the V straddling your right leg. This puts the picking area in a more centered position on your body, similar to when you play standing up. I find it hard to do this with my Les Paul.

I have a KV-2 and some BC Rich crappy V. I play them all the time sitting down and it is comfy. I feel ****ed when I try play my soloist siting down now. Awkward.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT
Don't hold your breath.

Get a Jackson soloist. You can find the professional series MIJ with thin necks for around 500. Great value.

That being said the quality on the LTDs I have played has been fantastic. I actually bought my younger brother a bolt on neck version like yours and he loves it. It plays like a dream and it was under $300.

saw All That Remains last night.
Oli Herbert switched from a xiphos nat finish like my ltd
to a jackson warrior.. mahogony wings maple neck with a stripe.... OMG.. Im a warrior/xiphos fan to the core... well odd shaped guitars in general grab me.

almost Murdered one of my guitar idols :/ over a peice of wood
Quote by Bladed-Vaults
every jackoff has a superstrat and les paul shape.. I like to walk on stage and be confidant noone else has seen such gear
sometime.. different is good... again its not foreveryone though lol.

two birds one stone.

Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Greg- thanks for sharing a photo from your personal collections.

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
saw All That Remains last night.
Oli Herbert switched from a xiphos nat finish like my ltd
to a jackson warrior.. mahogony wings maple neck with a stripe.... OMG.. Im a warrior/xiphos fan to the core... well odd shaped guitars in general grab me.

almost Murdered one of my guitar idols :/ over a peice of wood

- Off topic- how was the show? Did Machine Head play?

I am going to see them on Tuesday.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by R45VT
Greg- thanks for sharing a photo from your personal collections.

no i'm the jackoff with the lp or strat shaped guitars.

Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
the whole show was awesome.. machine did not play.. vocalist got a hernia somehow..
dethklok will make you piss your pants.
for two reasons.. Before now I thought brendon small was just a dude who made a sweet metal show..... he is and ill say this to chris brodericks face if i have to.... one of THE best guitarists I have ever seen. spot on... its almost inhuman how good he is.
and second. the show is hilarious..

black dhalia never dissapoints.

ATR punched me in the face then picked me back up so i could get round two.. phil just energizes the crowed!
Quote by gregs1020
no i'm the jackoff with the lp or strat shaped guitars.

mij is no jackoff.
I'm gonna start a wave of shredders with Tele's..
Threaten me with a good time see what happens
Quote by R45VT
I have a KV-2 and some BC Rich crappy V. I play them all the time sitting down and it is comfy. I feel ****ed when I try play my soloist siting down now. Awkward.

I want a Gibby V sooooo bad. I have OCD over symmetry in guitars, and it doesn't get much more goddamn symmetrical. Plus, V's are ****ing metal.

I already have every mod I want to do to it planned out I'm such a loser.

Basically, I'll have a black one, and everything on it that's not black is going to be chrome. Pickguard, pickups, hardware, truss rod cover, knobs, you name it. Gonna put a Dimarzio D Activator in the Bridge and a LiquiFire in the Neck with chrome finishes.

Of course, I'll be keeping all off the original suff for resale. No sense in being an idiot.

Quote by gregs1020

two birds one stone.

That would be better if it weren't so small...

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
the whole show was awesome.. machine did not play.. vocalist got a hernia somehow..
dethklok will make you piss your pants.
for two reasons.. Before now I thought brendon small was just a dude who made a sweet metal show..... he is and ill say this to chris brodericks face if i have to.... one of THE best guitarists I have ever seen. spot on... its almost inhuman how good he is.
and second. the show is hilarious..

black dhalia never dissapoints.

ATR punched me in the face then picked me back up so i could get round two.. phil just energizes the crowed!

Machine Head didn't play because Walt Disney is a ****ing douche. Disney has been banning Machine Head from their venues because of "violent imagery and a violent fanbase" or some stupid bullshit like that. Really, it's because of their anit-christian songs like Halo and the fact that Disney doesn't want to risk that kind of image at one of their venues. **** Disney.

Brendon Small is a pretentious douche, and I can't ****ing stand him.

However, he IS a great guitarist, and Metalocalypse is hands-down my favorite TV show of all time. My band went as Dethklok for Halloween this year Making a Pickles wig was a bitch...

In terms of energizing the crowd, nobody can touch Hatebreed. The absolute most Punk influenced Metal band I've ever heard. Combine those two, and you better be prepared to go home hurting in places you didn't know you had. Nothing compared to the crowd-engulfing mosh pit during Black Label by Lamb of God. That was intense. I've never seen the entire crowd be a mosh pit until that night...
Quote by Blktiger0

Brendon Small is a pretentious douche, and I can't ****ing stand him.

In terms of energizing the crowd, nobody can touch Hatebreed. The absolute most Punk influenced Metal band I've ever heard. Combine those two, and you better be prepared to go home hurting in places you didn't know you had. Nothing compared to the crowd-engulfing mosh pit during Black Label by Lamb of God. That was intense. I've never seen the entire crowd be a mosh pit until that night...

Pretty sure the pretentiousness is just for show... idk though, never met him.

Most energetic shows I've been to are Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine and All that Remains. Complete, uncanny control over the crowd. Matt Heafy is an asshole. Because he started a circle pit that kicked the shit out of me.

Really not into moshing AT ALL anymore, been there done that. Get it, just not for me anymore.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X