Page 6 of 6
FireFromTheVoid
Strange Juice
96 IQ
Quote by Enigmatic564
What exactly are the legal consequences of attempted suicide?

Its a felony to aid, advise, or encourage somebody to commit suicide.
But attemping it will just get you admitted to a hospital.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I'll come out 3 years after the end of the world

crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by ReptilianJesus
For the record crazysam or whatever his name is=most annoying person on UG

Awww...how sweet.

Now, back on topic. Everyone continue on.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Its a felony to aid, advise, or encourage somebody to commit suicide.
But attemping it will just get you admitted to a hospital.

Although, depending on where you are, they can only hold you so long without either your or your family's consent, unless they get a court order declaring you legally insane. Legally insane meaning, of course, "danger to self and/or others".
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 24, 2012,
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
Two of my friends committed suicide, almost one month apart from each other. Hutch killed himself in October, my old boss in early November.

Both shot themselves. I can't speak for their families but I know for me.. I'm still not over it, honestly. Either one of them. It definitely shook me to the core pretty hard. Nobody would ever have thought either of them would do something like that. They didn't even show any signs (but then again I went through depression for 5 years and nobody even knew, so...)
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
BlueAltitudes
The Virtuoso's Brother.
491 IQ
Stephen Fry talking about Manic Depression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKiAz6ndUbU&feature=related
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
RealUnrealRob
Lazy Physicist
233 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Most people aren't psychologists, so most won't understand.

I really don't think that's true. Not the most people aren't psychologists part; you're spot on there.

But really, I think most people who truly care and take the time to try and understand someone who's in this situation, try to be there for them and help them in any way they can, can get a grasp on the situation. I don't see myself ever becoming suicidal, but I have a friend who is and I've been helping her with it for years. I feel like I understand in enough of a way to help.

Though I will say some people are really just emotionally inept in these situations.
Last edited by RealUnrealRob at Nov 26, 2012,
Enigmatic564
518 IQ
It probably isn't healthy, but I've noticed that when I get depressed, I tend to withdraw into myself and intentionally make myself more depressed than I was before. I think I do this because there's a certain point I get to where I can't feel any emotion and I'm just empty and numb, and I think I honestly love feeling that way. Nothing can hurt me because I can't emotionally care enough about anything.

(Sorry to keep dragging this convo back onto me, doing this makes me feel worse )
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
suckersdream
105 IQ
Quote by Enigmatic564
It probably isn't healthy, but I've noticed that when I get depressed, I tend to withdraw into myself and intentionally make myself more depressed than I was before. I think I do this because there's a certain point I get to where I can't feel any emotion and I'm just empty and numb, and I think I honestly love feeling that way. Nothing can hurt me because I can't emotionally care enough about anything.

(Sorry to keep dragging this convo back onto me, doing this makes me feel worse )

Exactly this, really bad depression makes you want to be depressed, its just comforting and familiar.
King Donkey
yes
777 IQ
Quote by suckersdream
Exactly this, really bad depression makes you want to be depressed, its just comforting and familiar.

Whoa really? That makes so much sense.

I thought I was just being silly when I feel depressed and sort of try to keep it that way. It's a really strange cycle. You kind of want to be happy but then again you don't want to lose the feeling, really does screw you up.
West Ham United
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
Quote by RealUnrealRob
I really don't think that's true. Not the most people aren't psychologists part; you're spot on there.

But really, I think most people who truly care and take the time to try and understand someone who's in this situation, try to be there for them and help them in any way they can, can get a grasp on the situation. I don't see myself ever becoming suicidal, but I have a friend who is and I've been helping her with it for years. I feel like I understand in enough of a way to help.

Though I will say some people are really just emotionally inept in these situations.

You're kinda playing devil's advocate here by taking what i said out of the context it was in. To be honest it's not like people are ever going to fully understand the way a person thinks or feels. People's thoughts and feelings derive from a lot of factors, so people's motives get very, very complicated. Are most people going to fully understand the way a person feels 100%? No. Not even psychologists fully understand that yet.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 26, 2012,
suckersdream
105 IQ
Quote by King Donkey
Whoa really? That makes so much sense.

I thought I was just being silly when I feel depressed and sort of try to keep it that way. It's a really strange cycle. You kind of want to be happy but then again you don't want to lose the feeling, really does screw you up.

Yeah, it sort of feeds itself. The more depressed you get, the more you want to be depressed. I've been through periods of relative recovery where I started being happy again and it feels bizarre. Depression is a bitch.
ChaosInside
aspiring scientist
13 IQ
Quote by Enigmatic564

I act the same way, I guess it's a normal response or something. The only difference between you and me here is that I actually try to feel sad, because empty and numb is my normal state and that gets very frustrating after a while. So every now and then I just try to invoke emotional states, just to feel something again.
Enigmatic564
518 IQ
I'm naturally a very emotional person, so the numbness is more of a blessing. But every couple of days, the sadness will come back. I almost broke down in class today for no reason whatsoever, I was listening to a song and something reminded me of someone and I almost lost it
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
Quote by suckersdream

yeah i'd say so too. when i get depressed my mind does that, there's kind of a point of no return where once you cross it you just don't have the motivation to fight it anymore. and it's really easy to get into if i don't fight it early because i can't when i start to feel that weird comfort. if i pass that point i just lose whatever little hope i had and completely hate myself. sometimes when it gets really bad i just let it happen and hope it gives me enough incentive to go and kill myself.

i'd say the worst feeling though isn't the major downers where it's really intense (pretty much have to deal with it multiple times daily so i'm used to it), but just feeling completely numb. can't sleep, music doesn't bring any emotional response at all, can't cry, just feel really empty and hollow. that's usually when i end up cutting myself. pain just makes me feel really good for some reason. luckily it's more of a rare occurrence, but if i ever end up offing myself (which hopefully i don't) i know it's going to be when i have that feeling.
Last edited by Dregen at Nov 26, 2012,
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
Quote by suckersdream

I didn't notice this before, but you're right.

I mean, it's not like anyone enjoys being depressed at all, the opposite is true, but when you've been depressed for so long with such an intensity, it feels normal to be depressed. It feels like depression has become part of you and that without it, you stop stop being you. As a depressed person, you see things in a perspective that you feel comfortable with as you get used to the perspective. So having a mindset outside of it feels alien and uncomfortable.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
suckersdream
105 IQ
Quote by Dregen
yeah i'd say so too. when i get depressed my mind does that, there's kind of a point of no return where once you cross it you just don't have the motivation to fight it anymore. and it's really easy to get into if i don't fight it early because i can't when i start to feel that weird comfort. if i pass that point i just lose whatever little hope i had and completely hate myself. sometimes when it gets really bad i just let it happen and hope it gives me enough incentive to go and kill myself.

i'd say the worst feeling though isn't the major downers where it's really intense (pretty much have to deal with it multiple times daily so i'm used to it), but just feeling completely numb. can't sleep, music doesn't bring any emotional response at all, can't cry, just feel really empty and hollow. that's usually when i end up cutting myself. pain just makes me feel really good for some reason. luckily it's more of a rare occurrence, but if i ever end up offing myself (which hopefully i don't) i know it's going to be when i have that feeling.

apparently we are the same person.
any time I've come close or attempted suicide its been when I was numb, it'd just drive me to a point where I couldn't feel anything, couldn't bring myself to care about anything. When I'm just really low, I still have some rational thoughts when suicidal - it probably won't work, your family will be horrified, stuff like that. But once you get numb, that's just gone.

Same with the self harm, it makes you feel good, feel something at least. Although its sort of a one-size-fits-all fix for me. I'll do it when I'm numb for those reasons. I'll do it to punish myself for things, or to deal with being really low. And when I'm angry, even at other people, it calms me down.
Enigmatic564
518 IQ
Would the pit say self-mutilation is justifiable if it keeps someone from killing themselves?
Quote by robertsanidiot
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
278 IQ
It would depend on how highly the pit regards human life. So probably yes. Since it's self-inflicted I don't think it needs to be justified to begin with.
suckersdream
105 IQ
Quote by Enigmatic564
Would the pit say self-mutilation is justifiable if it keeps someone from killing themselves?

It's justifiable, of course. That's the thing, self injury works. In the short term it will make you feel better, calmer, in control, it'll make you feel something. It's justifiable, but just because it works doesn't mean its the best option.
S0n1c '97
Guava king
707 IQ
My best friend once purposefully took a ton of pills and just sat down, not caring what happened to him.

And I had a lot of thoughts about it back about 3 years ago. Not really TOO serious, but enough for me to think that I must have been mentally unstable because of what I was going through at the time.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
Quote by Enigmatic564

yes. what would you rather see, harmless scars on a person's skin or them hanging from a rope? or with a gun in their mouth?

edit: that was also more of a rhetorical question, not trying to be a dick or anything.
Last edited by Dregen at Nov 30, 2012,
NarwhalG2G
They're Red Hot
256 IQ
Quote by Dregen
yes. what would you rather see, harmless scars on a person's skin or them hanging from a rope? or with a gun in their mouth?

edit: that was also more of a rhetorical question, not trying to be a dick or anything.

Of course, cutting would be better than suicide, but I'm not too fond of either.
My best friend/girlfriend cuts, and it absolutely kills me. She teeters between suicidal and cutting, and I wish I knew the right words to say so I could help her. I think I might have talked her out of committing suicide one time.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
it's like I make threads knowing they're gonna be shit but I make them anyway

Quote by kertets
Wire his sack to the electrical socket the next time, little fucker will be shootin lightening bolts all over the house.